Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somendra ChaterjeeYour feedback matters!
I want to take medicine to dry the breast milk. Dr. suggests cbline. Now should I release some milk if breast get engorge? If yes how much and how many times a day. And if I lead to non release then does it have chances of mastitis?
I am a student and I have to go out for tuitions in sunshine and from past 1 month my complexion is getting darker. What should I do.
Last 6 months I was used tea tree face wash. I have oil skin. Now a days my skin have dry. What can I do. continue tha face wash or change it. Inform pls And also my age 20. What type of face cream use. Inform pls. Thanks then.
Hello siri am 25 year old, I have pimple /acne problem. And its paining too much an d skin become red. Kindly suggest some medicine to recover.
Hy sir my husband age is 32 unki shave me kahi kahi se gape chut k shave aa rahi hai . Kuch samj nhi pa rahe he ki kyu ho raha hai give me solution plz.
How can I be ensure that something is not blocking my colon without going for colonoscopy? I am worried if I have a tumor inside my colon.
Hi I'm uday I have blemish s and pimples on my face. How can I treat them. And I have dark circle s under eye and dark patches on fore head. Please suggest a best product to treat this.
I am taking Telmisartan 80mg chlorthalidone 6.25mg tablet for last 12 months and some black spots on the forehead and skull appears. Is it reaction of the pill? what to do.
Hello doctor may I ask you what my problem my face are no dimples and then will be show you u am so what can I do plan tell me doctor o no fever will be charge.
I have use many medicine or creams for glow skin. But when I use medicine my skin glow and face clean. If I leave the medicine my face is black so tel me what I use the cream for glow skin and fair skin.
Hello, I am 19 yrs old and I have the marks of chiken pox on my face. I had tried many creams. But the spots doesn't lighten. How should I remove or what should I do to lighten the spots. Or to disappear the spots?
I got my upper lip swelled due to a accident. I can't go out with. Please some one help me with this.
My doctor was suggested me use antoxid HC caps for glowing skin. How long I can use it safely either 1 month or 2 month? And night time or noon.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high-speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long-term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.