Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somendra ChaterjeeYour feedback matters!
Recently I met with an accident. Forehead and cheek and nose was injured. I took medicines also but I need to get recover fast please need suggestion. And how it will go marks on my face.
I was initially light toned. Bit due to tanning I am darker now. Is there any surgery that can help remove the tan and make me fair as I was before?
When should I take hiv final test this is my fifth month test hiv combo is negative but I hav hiv related symptom headache skin rashes and swelling glands but. Tests was negative 5 th month soo. When should I take final test and how accurate is that test.
I am 21yrs old, my skin is so oily and always I wil get pimples, how should I avoid without squeezing it, plss give me solution, no creams wil work for me and day by day am becoming so black, so please give me best solution.
I have oily face. My face is blackish but my body is fair. How can I remove tan from my face? Help me.
A brow lift is also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical cosmetic procedure that corrects flaws in the skin above the eyes. It flattens the lines and wrinkles on the skin, tightens the sagging skin that appears to advance in age and restores youthful skin. More and more people are undergoing the treatment every year with a high rate of success.
Features that can be corrected with brow lifts:
- Sagging and horizontal eyebrows that create an expression of exhaustion
- Deep horizontal folds on the forehead skin
- Excess fatty skin that droops over the eyelids
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
Types of brow lift and the respective procedures
- Traditional or coronal brow lift: The patient is put under general anesthesia and an incision is made on the forehead, just below the hairline to hide the scar. The excess skin is removed and the necessary skin tissues are lifted and tightened for a smooth appearance. Finally, the incision is stitched up.
- Endoscopic brow lift: This surgery is also done under general anesthesia, but a number of tiny incisions are made on the scalp. An endoscope is put in through the incisions so that the area of surgery is seen on a computer screen. Other surgical instruments are used to lift the skin tissue on the forehead, reposition the eyebrows and remove all the extra skin and muscle tissue. Then, the incisions are closed with stitches. Now-a-days endoscopic brow lift is undertaken requring specific instrument and training.
- Temporal incision brow lift: This procedure is done with eyelid surgery. It requires larger incisions than those of endoscopic brow lift and these cuts are made just above the temples. Then the tissues above the eyebrows are repositioned, extra tissues between the eyebrows are also removed to flatten the frown lines.
Post-surgical care and recovery
- You have to stop smoking and taking anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medication for a few weeks before and after the surgery.
- Using a cold compress is recommended in case of post-surgical pain. There may also be prescribed ointments that are applied at the cut.
- Your head needs to be kept elevated when lying down for a few days.
- You should have gauze and clean towels readily available in case of minor bleeding.
- You may also experience slight swelling and bruising on the non-operated areas of the face. The pain and itching sensations experienced during recovery are milder in case of traditional brow lift than in case of endoscopic brow lift.