Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I started my gym 2 days ago. I am having body pain. Its too painful. What should I do to get rid of pain. My chest, hands, abs all are paining. What should I do?
I am 27 years old. I am suffering from Obsessive compulsive order. Unwanted thoughts are always pouring on my mind every now and then. I am not able to concentrate on any single things. Please suggest me solution.
Hello, goodmorning sir, my opinions is my memory power is very less. So iam to remember some thing. Suggest please plz.
I'm a 17 year old boy and I'm really scared because 2 years ago when I was in my 10th grade, one of my female teachers tried to take advantage of me and since I was just a kid back then and was curious about such stuff, I just flowed with the situation and we had sex. In 10th grade which is a crucial year for me, she tried to do it multiple times. The other day she took me to an empty room and opened up my pants to see my penis and she was like" oh my my, you've grown your penis so big" and I just wanted to get out of there but then she started blackmailing me, she said" I have a videotape of you and me having sex and I will show it to your parents if you don't obey me and I will also request the principal to suspend you" and I got really scared and was standing there helpless. Then she sucked me off and she didn't do it just once, she did it thrice in a row and my penis was paining so much. However, some of the teachers found out about her activities and got her jailed but I'm still in a trauma. Do you think you can help me out?
I become very loud and loose control at times due to many issues of the past or surroundings, this is hampering my personal life. I know and realize that control is the best remedy and giving other their space and time is the solution. How can I remove this odd trait of mine.
I am unmarried male suffering from psychological impotence which has arisen from depression. Now the depression is cured but the problem continues.
Mam or sir I feel very lonely n stressful as nobody is there with whom I can talk or share my feelings.
While many of us may associate healthy food with a healthy body, it is also true that healthy food can support a healthy brain. As we start to grow old, there is something known as oxidative damage which can lead to memory impairment and general brain decline. A healthy brain is one where the brain function is at an appropriate level and the aging process has been pushed back in terms of stellar memory and information processing. According to Ayurveda and other arms of medical science, there are a number of super foods that can help in this process. Here is a list of five foods that can lead to a healthier brain.
- Brahmi: This is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic herbs. It can be used for many ailments and it also prescribed as a brain tonic for stronger memory. Besides making the memory clear and sharp, this ingredient can improve the brain’s grasping power and the mental capacity of the brain. It is also an excellent anti-anxiety agent, as per Ayurvedic science.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb promotes better blood circulation in the brain, which helps in improving the overall brain function. It is also a memory enhancer. This herb is used by Ayurvedic doctors for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Amnesia. It is a good medicine that can repair the damaged cells of the brain.
- Ashwagandha: This is also known as an Ayurvedic wonder herb. This herb contains many beneficial properties for the brain and the rest of the body. When it comes to the brain and its functioning, Ashwagandha is ideal for patients who are suffering from severe stress. Besides being a stress reliever, this herb can also be used to keep the brain in a calm state for better performance. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain and its complex nerves. This herb is also a good memory enhancer.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that can be used for protecting the nerves from damage. It protects the brain cells as well. Also, it enhances the capacity of the brain and leads to improved performance thanks to the many vital elements that it carries.
- Mulethi: This is a stress relieving herb used by Ayurvedic doctors. It improves the blood circulation in the nervous system, which gives rise to better brain function. This is a very good herb for children and students, as it is a memory booster which helps them in retaining and retrieving information. It is also a stress relieving medicine that can be used to keep the brain calm and cool even in the most challenging situation.