Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shibanshu Sekhar ArcharyaYour feedback matters!
Sir. I have pain in my head sometimes and I am feeling lazy all the. Time What's the reason behind this?
Sir have very poor brain power in study I forget what I learn soon so what I can do my learning power is very weak.
Often people lose their battle with excess weight, not when they try to lose weight, but when they are trying to keep off the weight! Find below the strategy for keeping off the weight that you lost and keep your health risks in control:
- Lower calorie intake: studies in people who have lost weight, show that weight loss results in a concomitant decline in body's metabolic rate of about 8 kcal/lb lost( nearly half a kilo)/day, which has been termed 'energy gap'.This 'energy gap' is why once you lose significant weight, to maintain this and not gain weight again, you need to maintain a lower energy intake in the long term.
So, if you lost, say 10 kilo weight, your calorie intake/day , as compared to someone with similar age, sex, weight and height, should be lower by nearly 200-300 calories; in other words, you should not go to your previous eating pattern, but allow yourself only 200-300 extra calories than the restricted diet you were following for weight loss, if it had a calorie restriction of 500 calories/day
- Frequent weighing: research has proven that people who weigh themselves at least once a week, keep the weight off more successfully; weighing yourself daily is even better
- Physical activity: appears to be crucial in the prevention of weight regain, Aerobic exercise greater than 200 minutes/week, along with resistance training 2-3 times a week is recommended. Also low intensity physical activity such as long easy walks, work of household etc. are associated with long-term weight maintenance
- Frequent health check-up and monitoring of risk factors is needed , in first one or two years of intensive weight loss
- Maintaining diet and exercise diary: so that you get aware of creeping indiscipline (which is very common) in your lifestyle
- Contact session with your care provider: at least once a month helps in keeping motivated and staying on the right track, this can be done face to face or online, both have been found effective
So, follow these principles and do not throw away all the good work you did in losing that weight !
Sir/ Mam, Specially 1 month ago. Now in the hot season I have caught a cold. Water flow from my nose & also caught a cough. I wanna sing a sing but I can`t. I tried strepsils. But it didn`t work. Could you give a best suggestion please?
Hello doctor. Myself hemalatha. Am suffering from severe headache. Can you pls help me how can I control it?
I have 20 year's old I have always headache in5 hour in a day, all treatment I apply but it is not concern to me.
Hello Dr. I am 23 years old boy and my weight is 57 but my problem is my tummy is look fatty to front side and large what is home remedies?
In what ways can alcohol consumption lead to physical injuries and how to recover from those injuries?
Last I year I suffer itching and skin peeling over the both palm and fingers, Dr. diagnoses it is atopic dermatitis, treatment given betamethasone ointment.
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.