Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar K NYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, My problem is I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Whenever I sit and try to focus on my mind get deviated by one or the other things. I can hardly sit down concentrating on single thing and I feel like it is soo tough to concentrate on a thing. How can I get rid of it? Please help me out.
- There are two level of your mind: conscious or subconscious.
- You think with your conscious mind & whatever you habitually think sinks down into your subconscious mind, which create according to the nature of your thoughts.
- Subsconscious mind is the seat of your emotions & is the creative mind. If you think good, good will follow; if you think evil, evil will follow. This is the way your mind works.
- Your subconscious mind accepts what is impressed upon it or what you consciously believe. It does not reason things out like your conscious mind,& it does not argue with you controversially.
- Your subconscious mind is like a soil, which accepts any kind of seed, good or bad.
Your thoughts are active and might be likened unto seeds. Negative, destructive
thoughts continue to work negatively in your subconscious mind, and in due time will come forth into outer experience which corresponds with them.
- Subsconsious mind does not engage in proving whether your thoughts are good or bad, true or false, but it responds according to the nature of your thoughts or suggestions. Example if you consciously assume something as true, even though it may be false, your subsconscious mind will accepts it as true and proceed to bring about results, which must necessarily follow, because you consciously assumed it to be true.
- The law of your mind is this: you will get a reaction or response from your subsconscious mind according to the nature of the thought you hold your conscious mind.