Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar K NYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old. From last 3 months I going through depression. I left my job in August as I was not able to concentrate in anything. I want to get out of this but unable to do so. I have faced many health problems like thyroid and anxiety attack. I always Remember the past and cry. Can't sleep. Please help me. I want to get out of this feeling. Please help.
What are side effects of excessive depression? It stays for long time. I just want to know in order to compare with my symptoms.
I am 22 years old, I am suffering from stutter or stammering. Please give me any advice to cure this. I am so worried Please help me.
I, 22 male, knew the tips to avoid the stress but some of the symptoms still having. Symptoms include rapid heartbeat sometimes in morning, unreasonable situational phobia. Please advise me to free from stress and mental problems in addition to diet and habits. Please no medication.
I have a pregnancy of 3 weeks is there any precautions to take and ways to reduce the stress, as I have some fear in mind relating to pregnancy.
I am a diabetic for last 40 years DM type 2 and HTN patient and suffering from multiple ailments including psychiatric problem from last 35 years at present on medication and suffering from anxiety depression with anger etc have started consuming whisky a peg in evening and I am a smoker for last 50 years and squamous cell carcinoma oral at present carcinoma is in remission no abnormal uptake detected suffering from enlarged prostate gland and diabetic neuropathy. Please suggest what should I do now. Thanks.
I am suffering from angriness many times in a day for week in 1 month since 5 month associated with thinking many times in a day appetite good sleep adequate please give diagnoses of condition and treatment?
Hi, all times i.e 24 hrs nude pics for parents gods friends comes in mind .These recurring negative thoughts disappearing my life and I'm living in tension what type of problem it is. I don't want that these thoughts come into my mind but automatically these thoughts comes very disgusting sexual porn thought plzz help me by suggesting best medications. I'm thinning day by day due to depression. please tell me the medicines names Chlorofranil 40 mg and any other.
My daughter age 24 has the following symtoms sleeps a lot, eats a lot, foul mood mostly in the evenings, trouble sleeping in the night is she suffering from schizophernia or depression?
My wife is very irritated for no reasons and she uses to undergo medicines for thyroid as I have observed that she is becoming more day by day which is effecting my personal life should I give up my personal feelings or should should I move else as we planned for a baby but failed now I am moreover loosing hope to get that as I do not want on an artificial technique this time I am totally confused please suggest as having a counselling talk with her is no way giving any solution as she does not want to listen to anybody's word what should I do pls suggest.
I have been under going depression for many days because of my parents. I feel like staying alone and far from my family. They always compare me with others.
I am a student preparing for IIT next year. So please suggest some foods Which improve my concentration and memory power. And also are there any exercises?
please tell me, I have to study, but when I study I fall asleep. What to take? To not to fall asleep. Please tell me.
How to Quiet my smoking habit. I have use all experiments but I get negative Answer so kindly suggests me.
I am 20years old female. Im sexually active. I hv a history of irregular periods. I had unprotected intercourse on 24th jan and had a ipill within 3hrs. again had sex on 5th feb bt unfortunately the condom broke and had to take an ipill again within 3hrs of d act. I had a due date of 8th march for my periods bt yet nt received it. I did a hpt on 17th march n ut came out negative. I have bloating from past couple of days. I am really stressed. Any chances of pregnancy? When will I get my periods? Has d pill delayed my periods?
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.