Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar K NYour feedback matters!
How many years a person take antidepressant medicine like clonazepam, escitalopram and olanzapine ?Please tell.
Dear Doctor, My wife is diagnosed with depressive dos order. I would like to know the gravity of this medical condition. Whether there are chances for this medical condition to relapse. Whether there should be significant behavior changes that needs to brought on my part to contain her from relapsing. Whether this medical condition is just situation based or clinical. Whether needs to take medication for a long period and how bad can be the side effects. She has already started anti depressant tabs and has started putting on significant weight. Kindly let me know on the above queries and beyond this if there is any thing I need to know about this medical condition. Thanks
Hi I am 22 year old female. I am an engineering student. According to all and my past ranking and my performance. Engineering is not a big deal for me. As it is a degree course of 4 years. But I could not able to complete it in a specific period of time. Now I am in a final year. And my classmates are doing a job and completed their PG. I KNOW everything I mean about my capabilities and what should I do and I know I can do this but I couldn't concentrate. I do always waste my time. and willing of completing degree course is still there in my mind but now I don't know why I am unable to concentrate on my career. please guide me.
My father is 55 yrs old. Depressed by his ailment since one year. Sitting in one room and shouting on everyone. Not meeting with anyone and not going out also. Need of gud councellor nearby north delhi.
From many days he is forgetting many things like what he said before, or the name of new person, or whom to call etc, Not totally but a very little. Is this because of any stress or tension? Or any thing serious? And how to overcame with it?
I am a student studying in class 12. I am in continuous from last 3 months. Due to this stress I am not able to concentrate on my studies and also sometimes I become very aggressive. I am not able to focus on anything. Also I suffer from continuous headache. Please help!
I need to stop my smoking I can not control my self if I stop smoking forcibly I get headache what should I do.
I have gotten very addicted to my phone after my depression especially. I think it is leading to my lower concentration and weaker memory. I want to get over with this addiction. What should I do?
How can I increase my memory. I forget things after some days. Now I study and I learn chapter and maths formula and trick but after some days I forget. Pls help me what should I do. I need for qualify in competition exam.
Stress affects every aspect of our lives. It does not allow you to think or focus on anything else, tempts you to binge eat and takes control of your lifestyle. Stress can also cause severe health problems that can result in heart disease. Thus it is very necessary to learn how to control and manage stress. Managing your stress effectively can help you cope with it better and let your remain in control of your life.
Homeopathy is based on the belief that the mind and body are connected. Thus by treating one, the other can benefit as well. Thus when prescribing a form of treatment for any health condition, attention is always paid to the mental state of the patient. Homeopathy can be very effective in treating and controlling stress and stress related problems. When treating stress with homeopathy, it is essential to first understand the cause of stress.
Some common homeopathic remedies for stress are:
- Arsenic album: This is usually prescribed to people who are generally anxious and nervous. People affected by the stress of being late for an event or meeting can also be given this remedy to ease the stress. Patients who benefit from this form of treatment are also often hypochondriacs who constantly feel that every minor symptom is a sign of a major illness.
- Bryonia: This is very effective remedy for all kinds of stress. It can also be used to treat stress triggered by uncertainty at the workplace and insecurity about not having enough money even though they work very hard.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is also a common homeopathic remedy for work place related stress. People who are concerned about being observed or stressed by an upcoming deadline can be benefited by this medication. This type of stress can commonly be seen at the time of appraisals.
- Staphysagria: People who are extremely sensitive and feel that the world is unjust and unfair to them cab be benefited by Staphysagria. This is often faced by children bullied in school and people in corporate work environments. Staphysagria boosts confidence levels and thus makes the person feel less vulnerable.
- Ignatia: Emotional stress is very well treated by Ignatia. This homeopathic remedy addresses feelings of disappointment and guilt and stress that follows an emotional loss such as the loss of a loved one or breaking up for a relationship. It also fights the desire to withdraw from family and friends and moodiness.