Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santi Dutta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santi DuttaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had unprotected sex around 15th of last month. I took an Ipill within two days. I did not have any withdrawal bleeding. I never do. But, my period is delayed by three days and I'm getting worried. I cannot go to a doctor because my parents do not know.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 14th april and took the iPill the same day within 2-3 hours. I had some bleeding on the 20th april that lasted only 2-3 days. I got my next period on 24th MAY. I again had sex with my boyfriend on 10th june, but it was protected. I experienced some bleeding on 17th june that only lasted a day and today is 26th june and I haven't had my periods yet. I'm freaking out. I also did a pregnancy test the day after I experienced the light bleeding but it was negative. What should I do? Can I be pregnant? I'm going crazy and am scared to death. Please doctors help me. I cannot think of what I should do next.
I did pregnancy test today in evening and my last period date was 26 June it turned to be negative what shall I do now?
Hi, last month they have done HAG test for which the type reports are normal. Am not knowing what is the problem in me every month we try but there is no result. Could you please suggest what should I do top get conceived.
Walking is a low intense cardio exercise that is suitable for all age groups. For people with bone problems and back pain, walking is the perfect exercise. It is less stressful on the body and has similar benefits to running or jogging. So if you are looking for reasons to jump on the bandwagon of walking as an exercise, here are a few:
- Good for the Heart: Running puts some amount of stress on your heart muscles but does not seem to reduce the chances of premature death; whereas walking at a brisk pace puts less stress on the heart and considerably reduces the risk of premature death. Running may also cause inflammation in the muscles of the heart and increases free radicals in the body.
- Increases immunity: Walking has a beneficial effect on the immune system of the body vis-à-vis running. Running may induce conditions in the body which allow various bacterial infections like cold to foster. You end up falling sick more often if you run.
- Helps in weight loss: Walking is a steady state exercise resulting in moderate levels of heart rate. Moderate heart rate sustained for 45-60 minutes is advised to lose fat. Running tends to raise the heart rate to drastic levels which cannot be sustained for long, thus leading to reduced fat loss.
- Stress on the joints: Running is a vigorous activity that places a lot of stress on the knee joints and the lower back. If you have conditions such as osteoarthritis and lower back pain, then running is a strict no for you. It is recommended to walk at a brisk pace for an hour every day for maximum benefits.
- Walking can be done anywhere: You can take a walk inside your office premises or even walk back to your home after work due to the light nature of the exercise. Running or jogging may require proper gear and may not be suitable for all places.