Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santi DuttaYour feedback matters!
Hi, We are trying since 8 months. My wife's last period was on 9th July. Now she is having little pain in left lower abdomen. Gas problem, laziness, lower back pain while walk. While I listen on her lower abdomen I hear continues bubbling sound. Last month also same phenomenon happened but not conceived. Also nipples are slightly bigger and she feel pain while touching it. If it is not conceive, then why those symptoms? Please help.
How to get a better penetration of semen in to her vagina as the semen flows out very quickly after each intercourse?
I have pcos problem for more than a year. Sometimes I get periods regularly and sometimes it takes a couple of months or more. What should I do? Is there any way to treat through diet?
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 37 years old and I have recently married. I am a smoker. My wife has 35 years old. She get laparoscopy surgery two times in 2010 for removal of the chocolate cyst on outside uterus and in Right side tube. Doctors removed the cysts and right side tube. Now she has a cyst in left side tube and uterus is in normal condition as per doctors report. Is she become pregnant and also give suggestions for improve my sperm count and mortality.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
Does flow of white discharge access is not good for health. Coz I am facing this problem. Suggest me what to do and what should be my diet to be fit during thid time too.
After my 17 days c-section .now I feel difficult in passing stools .i feel very hard .what to do .i have 17 days baby.
My wife is 40-45 days pregnant but I want to abort her pregnancy. Please suggest me some easy way to abort her pregnancy as we are not ready for child.
Hello doctor I am 22 year old unmarried girl I have swelling in my uterus last night what should I do please tell me doctor.
I want to know what medication should I take for ovarian cyst I also want to know is there any home remedy to cure kidney stone.
This is Nethra. When I'm in menses period I'll get a severe back pain and stomach pain so wts the precaution of that so please prescribe me.
Doctor I am not getting my periods since last 2 months only I see a color change for one day I checked betahcg and it was negative I'm feeling tired all the time with back pain I'm 33 yrs old and have no children got married on 2014. Please advise.
Hi sir/ mam, I am not having my periods from last 4 months. (from September 1st week to till date) and then I did unprotected sex on 28 november. With my hubby. But it's almost now 4 months that no periods come. Please help to out for this. Waiting your reply.
I have got my period on 28 Jan only a drop was Spotted n I started bleeding on 30 Jan which is the actual date of period n to calculate ovulation? I have got my period on 29 Dec? I'm very confused how to calculate ovulation? please help?
I am 28 yrs old female. I am suffering from irregular periods from last 2 months. What I should I do?
The food we eat affects our mind and body in various ways. There are many kinds of foods that have varied kinds of effects on how our body behaves due to the nutritional properties of the same. Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich in iron and various other nutrients. Since time immemorial, this vegetable has been used in various forms like soups, curries and much more so that we may enjoy the health benefits of the same.
Let us find out more about the health benefits of spinach with these quick pieces of information.
- Prevents cancer: One of the foremost qualities of having spinach on a regular basis is that it helps in the prevention of cancer. This is due to the fact that the level of chlorophyll that one may find in spinach is absolutely apt when it comes to blocking the entry and effect of carcinogenic material and elements in our body. These are the elements that may enter our body due to pollution as well as through some kinds of processed food. So one will need to eat plenty of spinach, especially in today’s day and age of adulterated food and pollution, so as to mitigate the effect of these elements and prevent cancer. Spinach is also highly recommended for those people who have a history of cancer in their family, and hence, are at a higher risk of getting the same.
- Helps in managing one’s diabetes: Alpha lipoid acid is one of the most well-known antioxidants that can be found in spinach. This is one of the rare elements that helps in lowering the glucose levels in the body even as it increases sensitivity towards insulin. This, in turn, helps in taking care of one’s diabetes without constant hospitalisation and medication. It also helps in managing diabetes through a neuropathy approach.
- Brings down blood pressure: Spinach is of great value for patients who have been suffering from problems like hypertension as it brings down the blood pressure levels. This is because spinach manages to negate the effect of sodium, which may be found in the body. This happens due to the high potassium content, which may be found in this leafy green vegetable.
- Increases the health of bones: When we have spinach on a regular basis, our bones also get the benefit of the same. The risk of bone fracture is literally reduced to half due to the high level of vitamin K and protein content of this vegetable.
- Gives you good skin and hair: With the constant ingestion of spinach, one can also get shining hair and glowing skin due to Vitamin C and collagen element that is found in abundance in this vegetable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.