Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandip Pachisia
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip PachisiaYour feedback matters!
I would like to ask about my mother's dental problem. Not all but some of her tooth has decayed. So just want to know that what can be done now. As implant is too costly so we would like to know about any other solution.
I am having yellowness in my teethes specially in my front and back teeth's. Kindly tell me the cure to get white shining teeth's. Thankyou.
I am 45 years old. I have severe tooth ache since the past one month. But there is no decay. Kindly advise.
The last molar teeth in the mouth are called as wisdom teeth. While in some people they erupt completely into the mouth and function with no problem whatsoever, in others, they remain embedded in the bone, erupt incompletely, erupt at an angle, or are covered by bone or a flap of tissue. They are absent in many.
Of late, dentists recommend removal of wisdom teeth, more a preventative than remedial measure. Some of the reasons for wisdom tooth removal are listed below-
Impaction: Often, wisdom teeth do not have enough space to erupt in their normal position. This can only be evaluated properly on an x-ray. If the x-ray shows that the tooth is unlikely to erupt because of being blocked by a root or bone, this needs to be removed.
Pericoronitis: The tooth partially erupts into the mouth but is covered by a flap of gum. This attracts food and bacteria to accumulate, leading to decay and infection, a condition called as pericoronitis. Very common in the lower wisdom teeth, it leads to severe tooth pain, painful swallowing and swelling of the lymph nodes. This is the most common cause for wisdom teeth to be removed. An x-ray will reveal the tooth to be infected and sometimes periapical abscess may also be present.
Alignment: Misaligned wisdom teeth exert a constant mild pressure on the adjacent teeth which can hamper the alignment and reverse the effects produced by braces. The bite may be altered also, thereby necessitating removal.
Adjacent Tooth Damage: If the malposed wisdom tooth is causing pocket formation or decay in the adjacent teeth, it is time to get them removed.
Recurrent Sinus Infections: With their proximity to sinuses, there could be constant pain and pressure and infection of the sinuses. This is another indication for their removal.
However, not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. If they have erupted fully, are healthy, produce a good bite, and can be cleaned easily, they do not require removal.
During the teenage years and through 20s, check with your dentist on the health of the wisdom teeth. X-rays can be taken to monitor them and for early identification of problems. If they need to be removed, it is easier to take them out when you're young. The bone surrounding the impacted tooth is less dense, and therefore easier. The ability of the body in general and the jaw bones in particular to heal is also better at a younger age.
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor. I have problem of bleeding from teeth gums! what to do for this? any vitamin tablets? cleaned and using mouthwash too!
Lybrate Grow India Scholarship is a merit-cum-means scholarship, which aims at creating a better future for children through twin goals - Good Health and Good Education.
- Free Education: Your child will be provided with an assistance of Rs 25,000 every year towards education.
- Free Healthcare: Your child will be provided with an assistance of Rs 25,000 every year towards healthcare needs.
3 Step Scholarship Process
- Register online
- Online Aptitude Test*
- Telephonic Interview*
|Application||Fill the online application form||September 15, 2018|
|Online test (for age > 8 years)||Your child will have to take a basic online aptitude test.||October 30, 2018|
|Interview||If selected, your child will have to take a telephonic interview.||November 30, 2018|
|Winners||10 winners will be announced||December 30, 2018|
*If your child is below 8 years old, there won't be any Online Aptitude Test (Step 2).
*Telephonic Interview will be of one of the parents.
*Online aptitude test and the interview would have basic questions as per the child's age
- This Scholarship is being awarded by Lybrate India Pvt. Ltd.
- All adult individuals, having a child/children between the age of 0 years to 19 years, are eligible to participate in the Lybrate Grow India Scholarship, subject to the terms and conditions mentioned herein, which will be presumed to have been accepted by him/her.
- The applicant should be an Indian National.
- All applicants will be given a fair chance to win the scholarship.
- Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded.
- Each scholarship will cover the health and education of maximum two children, irrespective of the parent having more than two children.
- Incorrect or incomplete details will result in disqualification. The winners will also need to submit a photocopy of the following documents in order to claim the scholarship:
- Government-issued photo ID (Aadhaar card, or Passport).
- Child's birth certificate.
- In case of any conflict in the selection process, deadlines or scholarship conditions, the decision of the Lybrate selection team will be final and binding.
- The selection will be based solely on the basis of merit of the candidate. Lybrate is authorized to change the terms and conditions anytime during the entire course of the entire event.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any fee for applying?
No, registration is completely FREE.
2. Is there any minimum age criteria for the child?
No. There is no minimum age criteria, you can even apply if your baby is about to born in next 1 month.
3. Is there any maximum age criteria for the child?
Only children below 19 years are eligible.
4. Is there any qualification criteria for parents?
No, there is no criteria for parents. Anyone can apply
5. What are the criteria for winning the scholarship?
- First, there will be an aptitude test for the child. There won't be an aptitude test in case the child is below 8 years.
- Second, there will be a telephonic interview of the child. If a child is below 8 years then the telephonic interview will be for one of the parents.
6. What would be asked in online aptitude test?
There will be a basic aptitude test tailor-made as per child's age.
7. What's Lybrate?
Lybrate is India's first and largest healthcare delivery and consultation platform. You can visit us at www.lybrate.com
Lybrate.com is India's first mobile healthcare communication and delivery platform. As a healthcare company, we understand that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Poor health adversely affects the education and to ensure the best for your child's future, Lybrate has decided to combine the two!