Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samik BasuYour feedback matters!
My child 5 m old, not drinking lactodex milk, can I use buffalo milk? which food can I feed him? can I give hib vaccine this time?
My baby age is 18 month and its weight 8.5 kg woh kuch bhi nahi khata khana bhi nai khata din bhar bhuka rehta he to kya use cypon syrup 5drop de sakte he please rply fast.
Dear sir my son is 4 months and 26 days old. His weight is 5 kgs and 516 grams. Is he having normal weight? How can I feed to get increase the weight? please send me thorough information.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
My daughter is 8 years old. She has enlarged adenoids which has not shrunk till now. She sleeps with her mouth open and snores sometimes. But she never was disturbed during her sleep due to breathlessness. Now doctor has advised to get her adenoids removed by surgery, but we are reluctant to do the same is there any remedy in homeopathy so that her adenoids shrink as usually it does naturally. Kindly advice, as we are very much worried and do not want a surgery.
My 4 months old baby having cold and cough and his nose is blocked like sounds gur gur please help me what should in do.
My 1years 2months baby had febrile seizure last month for first time and I have got some solution from doctors through Lybrate. Thanks for all of them. Now my query is that, is it not possible to restrict febrile seizure permanently, that it should not attack the baby in future. And also suggest me either any chances of this disorder will appear due cold or caught.
Giving regular food a twist
Mommas dilemma. How to keep the food healthy and interesting for their children. Kids throw a fit when they are served something they dislike.
You could always have an alternative for'unhealthy' food, and create a healthier and nutrition-rich meal.
Try turning the boring roti and sabzi into a vegetable wrap with loads of salad leaves, tomatoes and onions for the crunchiness.
Cheese and butter are a child's weaknesses. So, how do we make it healthy? for children, any dish with a top-up of cheese is too good to resist. But, you could use paneer instead or if they just can't do without it, try the cheese made from cow's milk.
It's all about giving the regular food a twist, making it look interesting and giving your old recipes a new look. Just a few changes here and there, and you have a healthy version of fast food. So gear up all moms create something healthy n interesting.
Moms are the best cooks after all!
Ive been feeding my baby for a month now but he is not drinking my milk since 4-5 days, I consulted a doctor nearby she is asking me to pump my milk up n throw it away as my chest became heavy as he did not drink my milk, but now again my chest is fine but she asked me to pump n throw it Away, also I do not want to continue feeding as he is not drinking but I read it somewhere as much as il pump milk will produce on its own, how to stop it from producing?
My kid is facing motion problem from last one month and also dejection is very less. Can you suggest what will be solutions for this. Thanks
It's important to teach kids about cavities at an early age. The more they know about how to keep their teeth healthy, the more likely it is that they'll develop good dental habits - and keep those up throughout their lives.
Here are some pointers so you can talk to your kids about cavities and how to prevent them.
What are cavities and what causes them?
A cavity is a hole that forms in a tooth. Everything we eat and drink, especially sweets forms plaque. If we're not careful, plaque can attack our teeth and damage them.
Why are cavities bad?
A cavity causes harm to your tooth, and it can also be painful to you. If left untreated, the hole can grow and get bigger or deeper. It may get so big that that the whole tooth gets damaged. If that happens, your dentist may have to remove it.
How can I protect my teeth from cavities?
Cavities can form if we eat too many sweets and don't clean our teeth properly. The best way to protect your teeth is to choose healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Try to avoid sugary foods and drinks, like candy and soda.
If you do eat sweets, have them with your lunch or dinner, and then brush your teeth right after. When sugar stays on your teeth for a long time it can cause damage, so try not to snack throughout the day when you may not be able to brush. You should also brush your teeth after an ever meal, or at least twice a day. And don't forget to visit your dentist every six months for regular checkups!
What if I think I have a cavity?
A cavity can be painful, so if your child has a toothache, schedule an appointment with your dentist right away. At the appointment, the dentist will look at your child's teeth and take x-rays to see if there is a cavity.
What happens if I get a cavity?
If you have a cavity, your dentist can help. He or she will give you some medicine to numb your mouth and make you comfortable. They'll use a special drill to remove the damaged part of your tooth. Then they'll fill everything in with a special material, and you'll have what's called a filling.
Remember that healthy dental habits are the best way to prevent cavities. The more you can teach your kids about good hygiene and serve as a role model, the better off their dental health will be in the long run!