Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sama Prasad RoyYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years girl. I have some problems. The time period is changing continuously. Sometimes it will happen middle of month, sometimes last, and it sometimes 2 days then one day later, and blood is empty for bleeding, I am very nervous. I feel so weak. What can I do?
Dear Sir/ madam, I have blessed with a daughter on 14. 10. 2016, just 5 days before. Her bilirubin (Total) shows 12. 2. Is it dangerous for her? What is the control (specified) limit for bilirubin (jaundice) in new born babies? What to do now for her treatment? Some doctors suggested for sun bath & antibiotic injections (half dose twice a day) for 5 days, is it safe for a 5 days baby girl? Please suggest, I'm very nervous.
My 4. 5 yrs old daughter is having andenoids problem - enlarged tonsils. She has a sound sleep. No noise from nose while sleeping. X-ray showed enlarged tonsils. Need treatment.
Mera baby 4 months old h kal raat se wo sahi se nhi so paa raha sota h phr ro k uth jata h usko jab god mein uthao or agr wo hilta h to b rota h kal usko god mein uthate hue wo peeche ki taraf hya maine usko jhatke se aage ki taraf kiya kahin usko neck pr ya back pr jhatka to nhi lg gya please help me I sooo worried. please give me some home remedy also.
Hi my daughter is 2 months old and I breastfeed her after sucking for few minutes she sleeps while feeding and I don 't understand whether her stomach is full or not, so since last few days i've started pumping my milk through a manual machine n feeding her will it decrease the supply of my breast milk? please help me.
Hello doctor mere ghar me 2 month old baby hai uske chest me cuff ho gaya hai usse thik karna hai give some solution.
Dear Sir, Meri ek beti h vo bhut weak h. Uski age 3.5 years h. Me uski health kaise improve ker sakti hu. Vaise to me usse pediasure de rahi hu. Per koi farak ni LG rha h. So please help me
Hi doctor. My daughter is 18 months old. By mistake we have given her a dose of 2.5 ml in morning and 5 ml in the night of Alerid Syrup. Can you pls advice whether it leads to any problems.
Hi doctor. Is lactogen safe for new born babies. My baby weight was 4.25 kg while delivery. Now it's 4 kg. My feeding is not sufficient for him it seems. So if it cries in hungry, we give lactogen often. Is it safe or it has side effects?
My son whose Age- 15 month old weight- 8.5 kg Height- 76 cm (30") Weight during birth- 3.6 kg is very weak & not interested in taking food. He is always suffering from constipation, indigestion & bowel movement. We give him cerelac, boiled rice, potatoes ,wheat chuda& soya chhatua. Doctor advice not to give cow milk. His weight is very less with compare to age . He doesn't take any iron &folic acid syrup since last 15 month. So kindly advice me the balance diet & health supplement for healthy weight. Also recommend him to take which iron & folic acid syrup to avoid the deficiency of iron.
My daughter is in 9 month old. Can I give non vegetarian food to her. Can you suggest healthy food items.
My one and half year old son always have digestion related problem whenever he eat something different he had fever, first his head become hot then he had fever, is balkadu like medicine ok for him or should I try something different medicine because of this problem he is not gaining weight, please help.
My younger son his age is one and half year and he is suffering from the problem of stool at the time of stooling he suffers more pain and stool is so hard and tight. So please tell any thing else.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
I am going to fly with my 8.5 months old son tomorrow for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. Our paediatrician has recommended to give him phenergan 1 hour before take off so that he is ok during the flight but I have my doubts. Is it ok to give phenergan to such a young child?
Your child needs complete care whether it is emotional, psychological or physical. A thorough evaluation of your child’s body and mind is vital at nascent stages. Especially if you observed any complaints by your little one that may require medical help, such as:
1. Frequent headaches
Much like adults, children too can experience headaches that last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. A range of primary or secondary headaches like, migraine, meningitis, sinusitis or tension may affect children due to neurological issues.
2. Blurry vision
If you observe either a vision developmental delay or near-sightedness and farsightedness in your child, it might be related to neurological issues.
3. Slurred Speech
If your child is 7-8 months and is not responding to sounds or cannot babble non-sense words, it calls for a neurological check-up.
4. Motor and Co-ordination Delay
Sometimes babies are unable to perform motor skill activities like crawling, walking or using fingers to grip or hold, such delay requires attention of the parent.
Check if your kid has become lazy and decreased his physical activities due to fatigue and tiredness suddenly of late.
6. Abnormal Movements
Common involuntary movements or tics like eye blinking, twitching of nose, grimacing or making sounds is in some cases overlooked. Tourette syndrome is an example of such a tic, which has been evaluated as a neurological issue.
7. Tremors or Seizures
Children are prone to febrile seizures (fits) or tremors along with fever that occur between 6 months and 5 years. These are signs of neurological issues that require an immediate check-up.
8. Numbness in Limbs
Neurological complications in your child’s infancy may also cause joint pain and numbness of arms and legs.
9. Behavioural disorders
A change in behaviour or attitude in your child is noticed if he/she is suffering from attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, school problems, sleep issues, intellectual disability or other neural conditions.
This symptom is tricky in children, as it may be confused with general tiredness by your human eye. It may be unheard of but many children face trouble in performing easy tasks. A neurological exam may identify the source for treatments.
An underlying problem to the nervous system can cause harm or impairment in the normal growth and development of your kid. Early diagnosis helps in correct care, recovery and prevention of long-term problems. You can opt for a routine neurological examination if you find such symptoms in your child. These exams check the functioning of your child’s brain, spinal cord, nerves that come from the brain and spinal cord and offers accurate diagnosis.
Get your child the best treatment and care to rule out neurological issues!