Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sahil Ali
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Sahil AliYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from proctitis for previous 1 year I have taken medicines all this is there any other way to cure it.
Hi, I am having fissure but main problem is for last 4 to 5 day a small pimple type (fodi) on outside anus please tell me what to do?
Whenever I eat something I have gastric problems. And sometimes vomiting. please help me regarding this.
Hi, My Age 30 (Male ) Hight - 5.6 and Weight - 47) I am suffering to rectum burning problem without bleeding from last 4 years ago. Increase my rectum burning problem when I eat spicy food. Especially during bowel movement. Feeling continuous urge to pass stool, feeling fullness in the rectum, burn in rectum while passing stool, passage of jelly like mucus from rectum, always feel to pass stool immediately after eating or drinking. Stool is unsatisfactory and there is always the feeling that some stool remained in the rectum, feeling fullness stomach long time, poor digestion. Pencil shap stool passed during stool passing. Long lasting pain, burning and heaviness feel in the rectum. Feeling dampness and hot in the rectum long time. 2) Past history: found IBS problem in my colonoscopy report in 2011.3) Family history - My father is expired in 2009 due to colorectal cancer. 4) Hereditary Problem - All family members especially gent's suffering to GI problem. 5) Latest Report - No latest Report. I lost my 5 kg weight in 8 moths. Please tell me its a proctitis or fissure problem.
Hello My father have gasses problems sometime he feel very hard to digest food. And sometime he feels tight on the left side of the stomach. He went to doctors the him medicines and some powder to fix with water and drink before having dinner but no use still he is having problem doctors are like You Are Okay. What to do know. Thank you.
One of the more severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
1. Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
2. Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
3. Crohn's colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas,
4. Ileitis: This type affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
5. Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Despite the uncertainty as to the nature of the specific causes of Crohn's disease, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
1. Immune system problems
2. Genetic disorders
3. Environmental factors
a) Certain edibles
b) Viruses or harmful bacteria
The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
1. Diarrhea: This can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in more severe cases.
2. In rare cases, there may be blood in your stool.
3. In more intense cases, you may even develop a fever.
4. Cramping and intermittent belly pain.
5. Anemia, due to a reduction in iron levels caused by bloody stools.
6. Weight loss.
7. Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus, called anal fissures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!