Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Hi doctor, I always feel sleepy even sleep for whole night always my eyes pains, I had already go for eye check bt it's 6/6. I have a doubt of increasing thyroid. Seems to be the symptoms like that. If that so can you please suggest the test I can go for. Thanks.
I have red eyes from 2 days and it seems like my eyes are burning what the problem or disease I am suffering.
Hi doctor age is 35 yrs - male I faced and accident not os serious but it issome body hit with a wood slad in my head but no hamerage happened but after that I c don't had any since in my left eye lid it used to be closed but few months ago it opened but after I found my left eye is been displaced it s not straight like my right eye it gone to left side and I case in both of my eyes but not straight from left eye only my right eye looks straight and I creates a problem whenever I walk or I ride my scooter, please suggest me some treatment as my CT Scan &MRI reports are normal, please, please please help me my no is 8670869541.
Hi I am 24 years old working in private company, most of time I have front of system so eye problem is came. How can I recover this without use tablets
My friend is 20 years old and he has a habit of masturbating. He is telling me he is not able to remember things properly after doing it. He does it for every 3 days. Is there any such a problem? And also complaining that he is not able to see things properly some times. He has this habit since 6th class items. please give any solution for this.
I had red eyes and watering eyes for last ten. Days I can't see my laptop screen gir the same time I not even concerns my own personal use.
I want to know that , is the eye power will reduce after the uses CRT corneal refractive therapy for 1 year. Or the eye will get its original shape after 1 year. Then what is the benefit? My eye power is -1.75D .I wear glasses since 4 year. When I remove glasses .I feel can't see distance object as previously I saw . Is it for wearing glasses? I am tensed , want to cure my eye with out any surgery.
I am 29 and wear glasses with power 2.75 in negative. I wanna get rid of my specs. Is LASER surgery for eyes safe? Is there any side effect of this? Can I loose my eye sight at old age?
Even thought I use Anti-Glare specs, 20-20 rule, I feel irritation while doing my s/w Job. Any recommended Eye drops to reduce it.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.