Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S. GhoshYour feedback matters!
Sir iam suffering with slight giddiness/vertigo. My doctor suggested ecosprin and vertipress 8mg. After mri to brain. The report is that" small focal areas of abnormal signal seen scattered in the periventricular white matter on either side, of indeterminate nature, concern for ischemic/migranous white matter lesions" iam having neck pains also. The doctor told me that it is common after 45 years age. Use ecosprin tablet life long. Pl suggest me is this vertigo is due to what exactly. Iam 50 years old.
I am 47 year old female. Suffering from chronic sinusitis with fungal infection and asthma for past about 10 years. How can I keep my illness in control with out antibiotics or steroids.
I am suffering from sinus from last 5 years. Is balloons sinoplasty is also done in India is it effective. What is price of this treatment.
I have been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis and sinusitis (ethmoid as well as frontal), 15 years back. I tend to have sneezing, runny nose, and nasal congestion frequently. I have been taking cetirizine 10 mg 1 tab every day for more than 10 years. Started consulting a homeopath (9 months back and continuous consultations with him) and my symptoms improved and I was able to cut down the cetirizine to half tablet every other day. I started having the symptoms (sneeze, runny nose, severe nasal congestion, and mild headache) for the last 10 days. Any long term solution?
I am 78 years old. Of late my voice has been going down. I have tinnitus. I gargle with salt water every morning but in spite of it my voice is not normal. I have difficulty in swallowing.
What is foreign body sensation throat and is it harmful. please let me know because I have been suffering from nose blocked for last 20 days and found lump called foreign body sensation throat. Is it harmful lump.
I am 57 years old and have pain in knees feet and hip joint got ra tests done given d mare for 3 moths but due to severe tonsillitis stopped med v weak throat and tonsils get inflamed doc says it is allergy but my white cell count comes elevated by 2/3 thousand when tonsillitis occurs what specific disease it cold be.
I am a 33 years old, male and have Ear infection from 5 days and slightly pus (suppuration) coming from my right Ear. From 2 days suffering from fever also. What should I do sir?
I am a boy of 19 years old. I'm suffering from nose bleeding on every seasonal change. How will I stop it? Please advice.
I have a sore throat every night while sleeping and it causes irritation in my ear. What should I do? Please help me.
I have sinus problem. For a long time. I am using fluticasone nasal spray. Doctor advised me to use before 4 years. I have started using since last week due to repeated sneezing in morning. Is there any side effects? Will that impact eyes?
Hello doctor, Since past few days I'm having minor ear pain. So took some ear drops from a medical store, but now that pain has become quite acute. I woke up now at around 4: 00 am due to that pain. Kindly help me with it. Thanks and regards
I have sinusitis. I have extreme difficulty in breathing specially during winters and pain in my nose. I have to breath through my mouth many a times. I get regular headaches and body ache and I feel lethargic and drowsy always. Have tried a lot of medications - allopathy as well as ayurvedic, but never got a permanent solution. I use otrivin 2 times a day. I have heard that sinus can be operated. Does it give a permanent solution to all the problems and is it recommendable? What is done in a sinus operation?
Hi well I have itchy nose sore throat and itching in upper side of my mouth and little bit of breathlessness please suggest something for me.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.