Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S. GhoshYour feedback matters!
My wife, 68 years, has vertigo, can sleep only on one side, if she gets up at once with a jerk / if turned on the other, gets reeling and feels depressed thereafter. Under treatment with vertin. Slight improvement. Permanent treatment needs to be advised.
I am suffering from coughs and nose jam problem. Tell me the most housing solutions for it not medicinal?
Dr, I have a pain in my throat for 2 days and as a result I feel difficult to talk at night and cold conditions and I do not think its the problem of cough. I feel pain on the left part of my throat while touching. I have both smoking and drinking habits (mild)
Thanks to the wonderfull doctors here in lybrate group! my wife is having a tiny hole in ear drum, please advise is she has to go for operation or any home treatment will do. Also advise what all she has to avoid? thank you.
In my ears I side am having itching always so am using ear buds if I use buds it's paining bcoz using deeply.
I have more than one type of headache – are they all migraines? What about sinus headache? Are there any vitamins or supplements that help with headache?
Dear doctor I have been a vocalist in my band till 20 years ago. Since then my voice has become hoarse and I no longer can sing the way I used to. What could be the prime reason and how do I get back my singing voice?
I am 23 years old female. I am having thyroid past 1 month. And also having dizziness while walking. But my hemoglobin is 10.9. Is this caused by anemia or thyroid or some other reasons? please suggest me.
Hi Doctor, I'm a 22 years old girl and I have sinus for last 5 years. My eyes have puffiness. Recently it bulged a lot, I had used many creams to reduce puffiness but nothing works. Nowadays everybody told me about this. I l feel aged when I see myself on mirror. What should I do doctor?
When I sleep, my left nostril gets clogged if I sleep on my left side and the right nostril if I sleep on my right side. Is this the start of the sinusitis? what should I do?
Hello, I am 22 years old male, recently I started having a slight burning sensation inside my throat when I am eating something. After going online and looking based on symptoms, I find it is something related to acid reflux. Is it something serious? What can I do to stop it?
I'm suffering from throat pain (sore throat) while swallowing since 3-4 days. I smoke around 30 cigarettes a month. I've been smoking since 2 years. Is it due to smoking or acidity because I've been eating late nights since 5-6 days. If it's due to smoking, does it lead to cancer?
I got a throat ulcer 2 days ago and its really pain I want to know is it a sign of cancer I m really afraid im 21 years old.
Hi doctor, I am suffering from dizziness from two days and feeling disbalenced, earlier I didn't had any problem like this.
I am suffering from nose problem as my nose is blocked at night due to which I am suffering huge please solve it.
The inflammation of the cavities around nasal passage is known as sinusitis. When the cavities are full of fluid, germs attach themselves to the fluids, which give rise to infections. Some of the causes of sinusitis are common colds, allergic rhinitis problem, nasal polyps and deviated septum. You can also learn about common ear infections.
There are 4 different types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis: It remains for about 4 weeks or less. It is usually characterized by a runny nose and pain in the face which will stay for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Sub acute sinusitis: It is almost like the acute sinusitis but stays longer for about 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation in this case lasts about 8 weeks, sometimes longer than that.
- Recurrent sinusitis: In this, the sinusitis attack keeps occurring all through the year.
At times, to clear up the blocked sinuses, a surgery is mandatory. This can be painful hence many are hesitant to go through with a surgery. If you want to control sinusitis so that it doesn't reach the limit where you have to go through a surgery, here are some tips of what you might be able to do regularly to clear your chances of controlling this:
- Take steam: This is the most common and easy way to control sinusitis. The steam helps to break down the excess mucus in the nasal passage and also reduces the inflammation of the sinuses. All you need is water. Heat it up to the required temperature and then inhale the steam. You will get a lot of relief if you do this regularly.
- Nasal Irrigation: This is basically the process of flushing the infected and stale mucus out of the nasal cavity. Take a liter of sterile water, mix one tablespoon of kosher salt and baking soda each. Then with the help of a syringe or a neti pot, wash your nostrils with the solution. The mucus will start coming out and your nasal cavity will clear out.
- Use warm washcloth: Lie down and place a warm washcloth (a washcloth dipped in warm water and wringed) on your forehead and nose region. The warmth from the washcloth will break down the mucus and clear the congestion.