Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rishab Deb PatraYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My wife age 29 today deliver baby boy ; My question is My blood group is B+ and my wife B- ve, Now the main thing is If my child is B+ or B - ve ; Can she feed her, NDT REPORT negative, Delivery done yesterday 20. 45 pm, Please guide sir.
Hi Doctor, My wife delivered a male baby clinically complete healthy from yesterday baby doing around 10-12 times latrine and bit of vomiting after feeding is this common symptoms during first month.
Hi doctor. I have a daughter who is 3 months 20 days old. She cries a lot. As long as she is having milk she is quite but as soon as I remove the bottle she starts crying again. She is totally on formula feed as due to some medical reasons I can't breastfeed her. She gets hungry very soon. I m giving her nan pro 1 milk 5.5 ounces around 10 times a day. What should I do and how much milk should I give it to her? also once I start semi solid in sixth month, can I start some other milk which is less fatty like buffalo milk? pls help.
Hi, I have 7 month pregnancy. My baby weight is too low. It's 1.7 kg only. What should I do to increase my baby's weight? Whatever I eat. Comes out through vomit.
My 3 years old daughter does want to eat non -veg food. Always she wants to eat some spicy food. She wants chicken in her every launch or dinner. She doesn't like Dal, sabji etc. It is not good for her health, isn't in Dr? Can I give LIVSAVE KIDS to protect her liver? Please give me suggestion.
Hello everyone. I’m Dr Kriti Mathur, homoeopathic physician, practising in Gurgaon. I also provide psychological and nutritional counselling. Today I’ll be talking about behavioural disorders in children.
There are some children who are very active, they are hyperactive, and they just cannot sit idle in a place. They cannot sit in a place, they constantly start playing with their hands and constantly move their hands, or they start playing with whatever they can lay their hands upon. These children are inattentive, they just don’t pay attention in class, they’re physically present there, but their mind is elsewhere. They are unable to complete their tasks because they haven’t been paying attention to the instructions they had been given, they are disorganized and start losing their stuff. These children are also impulsive, they’ll unnecessarily disturb the class by asking irrelevant questions or they’ll ask very personal questions to their teachers, they’ll talk unnecessarily, disturbing or intercepting between other people’s conversations. So you might be getting a call from the school counsellor pointing out the symptoms.
So as a parent, we need to understand that this is not because of bad parenting or because your child is disobedient, but this is a medical condition which is called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As a parent, what we can do to help our child is:
- First to make a schedule for the child, give the instructions to the child in a very clear, concise language, simple language which the child can understand. Every time the child follows those instructions or completes his tasks, please appreciate him and in case he is unable to complete the task or he is unable to follow those instructions, repeat them, but do not scold them, it is not going to solve any problem.
- Secondly, you have to involve them in a number of tasks like sports, yoga, a place where they can use the extra energy that they have.
- About the diet, do not give sugar items, no chocolates, toffees, candies because that will give them a sugar high and they will find it difficult to consume that energy. It is better to give a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins so that the energy is slowly utilized.
Regarding the treatment, homoeopathic treatment is very effective, we provide constitutional treatment for these children. So if you have a child who has any of these symptoms, please feel free to consult me via Lybrate or you can consult me in my clinic at Sushant Lok, Phase 1 or Anahat at DLF Phase 3.
My daughter is about 15 days older nd she suffer from cold nd cough. I am also pharmacist nd have personal medical shop. What medication we do. Is sinarest oral drop or tusq-p drop is beneficial with nasoclear drop? Please prescribe medication for it.
He is 1yr old. His scrotum got shrinked. Previously it was baggy n loose but nowadays I see its shrunk all the time. Is there anything serious?
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
My child has a 5 years old girl. She having a mole or pimples black colour in the left hand fingers middle and ring finger I consult a doctor then she told you go to consult the skin doctor maybe surgery will be do and my fear is she is very small girl how is it possible. Pls help me doctor.
My baby is 1 year+. I need a diet chart to follow for his better growth physically and mentally. Also he got around 8 tooth ,need some non-florida based toothpaste for brushing. Please suggest.
Ashthma patient should avoid early morning walk, avoid exposure to smoke,dust,fumes,strong smells,allout, and should take thier medicines as advised by their doctor.
Sir/madam, my son is now 6 months male baby. He got a bottom one teeth at the time of 3rd month and another teeth came on next month itself at adjacent of first teeth. And now (6th month running) he got an another two teeth coming at top of his mouth. And his mother feel pain when giving breast milk for him. Because he bite his mother's nipple when feeding. Please suggest any solution!
My 7 month old son having mucus, occasional pus cells and bacteria in his stool. Kindly suggest what to do.
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
We welcome our bundle of joy with old, washed, sun dried clothes as they are almost sterile. New clothes are probably handled by many and may be infected. The breast feeding is started with the help of young unmarried girl. This educates the girl about this AMRIT SAVEN. Mother is given ajwayan water which helps to lactate. On the sixth day bua does the ceremony of chatti by giving bath and putting on new clothes to baby. By sixth day the umbilical cord falls and there after the baby should be given a bath. On the occasion of chatti mother is given all kind of foods and after that she is supposed to have everything including all fruits, vegetables and dal, then ladoos or panjiri rich in ghee, dry fruits. These help mother for extra calories and minerals especially calcium and iron required postpartum. In this ceremony Bua plays an important role and rewarded with lots of gifts by bhabhi for the hard work she has been doing and will do after that, till 45 days. During these crucial 45 days outsiders are not allowed to get in mother?s room as people coming from outside may infect the child . The child is never left alone, a knife or a match boxes is kept besides baby, it is a primitive method to save the baby from animals and strangers. The God (baby and mother) has come and the duo should be prayed (taken care) and not do pooja or attend functions