Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rani Panda
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Rani PandaYour feedback matters!
Hi I have high BP and am under medication I want to know is it right if I buy a digital BP monitor and occasionally check my BP on it and if yes which is a good BP monitor available today.
Is there any relationship between root canal and heart attack? There are so many websites and doctors are claiming about this.
Hi sir. How we can cheque cholesterol without consultation of labs? What natural remedies use for the chequing of cholesterol and sugar?
My father is suffering from hypertension. It is increasing day by day? What treatment he would be given to control hypertension?
Hi .My age is 49 and have hyper tension but in complete control. Non alcoholic, no smoking, health weight and exercise regularly. No cholesterol issues as well. Off late, noticed that my morning erections are not there for the last month or so and even y penis is not hard as before during erection. What could be the reason?
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I am Dr. JS Khatri and I am a non-material cardiologist and practicing in Gurgaon, Palam vihar. Today I would like to aware you people or the whole population of India or the world about the preventable heart disease among which coronary artery disease which is called extremist heart disease is a very important cause of death all over the world.
What is actually coronary heart disease and extremist heart disease?
- So coronary heart disease is a disease of the corollary which supplies blood to the heart and eventually causes ischaemia which leads Death all over the world.
So what could be the risk factor?
- The important risk factor which causes heart diseases are categorized in two ways
- Modifiable risk factors
- Non modifiable Risk factor.
See among the modifiable risk factors we have to see that like age l, sex ethnicity and genetics which we cannot modify. I hope you understand age ethnicity like black niggeros they are more prone to heart disease. They are twice prone to the heart diseases as to the whites and we Asian races.
Now among the non-modifiable risk factor which encounters more on daily basis in our daily to life are most importantly is diabetes.
Second is smoking, third hypertension, fourth cholesterol, fifth stress factors, five lifestyle-sedentary lifestyle. So what we can change in our day-to-day activities is very important. Like the person who's having sedentary lifestyle, who does not do any physical work and have sitting job and doesn't do anything whole day has more tendency to have blood pressures and regarding diseases are preventable in such a factor. We can check our cholesterol or diabetes like our blood sugar and we can do the daily morning walk and it is recommended by American College of Cardiology that daily walk of at least 10 minutes thrice a day or a 30 to four units of work per day at least five days a week helps you to prevent heart disease. So we have to look for the non modifiable risk factors and also do the modifiable risk factor.
Now I would like to aware you about few very crisp factors like AVCs of heart in respect to the coronary arteries or a preventable heart disease what is this AVC of the Heart. If you are suffering from any of these factors like diabetes or hypertension or having high cholesterol or you are having a sedentary life style respectively. You can change your lifestyle and you can counter it before the disease occur. Now AVCs of the heart is for aspirin in your daily life. If your having risk factor of you are diabetic, you should take aspirin as for the recommendations and B the AVC of the heart is very important and at the last I would like to talk about the medications. The very important meditation which you daily life take in aspirin state in beta blocker for the prevention of the coronary heart disease after the disease occurs.
So at last I would like to tell you about if you want to prevent or consult me regarding the prevention of heart disease, you can consult me through lybrate and you can come to my clinic in person which is located in Palam Vihar Also you can contact through Lybrate also. Thank you Sir. Thank you very much.
A heart attack makes you rethink and get a double take on life. Once you survive it, you tend to realize how close your brush with death has been and how important your lifestyle choices can be. Most people go on to live a productive life after a heart attack provided they can adhere to making healthy choices. Here's what you can do if you have experienced your first attack and want to change for the better:
- Start at the hospital: A person usually stays in the hospital for 3 days after an attack to monitor their condition. This duration increases if you have complications that involve procedures like a bypass surgery. Your first significant change will come in the form of your medication routine. Your existing dosage may be adjusted and you'll possibly be prescribed newer medicines that will treat and control your symptoms. You'll not only need to know the names of all your medicines, but when you have to take them. It's best you know exactly why you are taking each one of them, if there are other more economic alternatives since this may last a lifetime and what side effects they may have.
- Maintaining your mental health: Once bitten, twice shy applies for heart attack victims too. Not only do they live in a constant worry about another attack, every small symptom like a harmless muscle pull can trigger the fear factor. You also get into the "heart patient" dependent mode based on how much help you need to recover. Check for support groups and other heart attack survivors in your locality to see how they are coping. Read more about your recovery and try to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Go to a cardiac rehab: Many hospitals have a rehabilitation program that you can participate in as an outpatient or you can go to a clinic that specializes in it. Such programs help speed up your recovery. It is run by people who will hand hold you in bringing positive changes in your life to protect and strengthen your heart. You'll learn activities that positively improve heart functions and reduce your chances of developing complications or dying from heart disease. You'll also get benefit from exercises that'll be taught by a certified exercise specialist.
- Make a change in your lifestyle: Quit smoking that is an obvious one. You'll now have to lead a more active lifestyle with daily exercise. You'll also need to actively manage your diabetes and obesity. None of these changes can happen in a day. In fact, behavioral scientists suggest that you need to practice a new activity continuously for twenty one days for it to become a habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.