Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Rani PandaYour feedback matters!
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios
I am man 40 year old. In Report showing bad cholesterol. Daily In morning before breakfast I am taking 1 kali garlic. Can you suggest is it gud for health or not. If it is gud then how much time I have to continue?
I am suffering from headache for last 4 weeks and I have chest pain also when I take my lunch in late. Please suggest what should I do?
Dear sir, I got stroke two years ago. One was on 29.04.14 (thalamic infarct) and the other was on 7.10.14 (cerebral infarct). Now, can I term those two as two separate strokes. I do not have hypertension, no cholesterol, nothing of any sort. Doctor has quoted me saying Antithrombin III deficiency. Now, I want to know whether there is any cure as I have fear of recurrence. Kindly guide me.
I am 19, i am experiencing a pain in the chest region when bending down. What might be the reason? is it serious to consult a doctor?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I am suffering from stomach pain and my BP suddenly gets low and I paint could you please give me a solution?
Sir, I have pain in my sternum of chest while doing dips in gym. When I am going too low in the dips exercise then I feel it hurts in my chest. Sir please suggest me some treatment.
I am 48 year old female ecg abnormal vent rate 76bpm pr interval 156 Ms. Qrs duration 78ms Qt/Qtc 420/472ms PRT axes 56 40 178 normal sinus rhythm t wave abnormality consider lateral ischemia prolonged qt abnormal ecg unconfirmed ecg.
My wife is 45 years old her BP is remained low 100/65. As I know its hereditary problem. She is not taking any kind medicine. There is no other problem she had. Please advise.
My lower BP rate is higher than the normal rate n that is 10points higher. I alwz feel sweat drops on my face only in d noon time n Dat happens in winters also. Wat is d cause of this n solution. M 35 years old. Please describe briefly.
Blood pressure problems trouble every third human being down the street; a thorough survey could affirm the aforementioned statement. While mild fluctuations can be tackled through medication, the secondary health issues triggered by high or low blood pressure can aggravate to make treatment a little problematic. Increased or decreased blood pressure levels could be indicative of underlying health problems and could also be the cause of severe ailments. Medical assistance should thus be sought at the earliest possible.
Many kinds of treatments are available at your disposal but it would indeed be wise for you to opt for an alternative branch of medicine that not only helps you regulate blood pressure in emergency situations, but also helps you maintain a level close to the optimum. Acupuncture owes its roots to traditional Chinese medicine and is a tried and tested alternative solution to the curse of increased or decreased blood pressure levels.
How is Acupuncture helpful:
- Acupuncture deals with the insertion of needles at different pressure points of your body to relieve you of pain or diseases of any kind; it is effective in controlling blood pressure levels by adjusting and re-stabilizing energy flow in your body.
- In certain cases electro-acupuncture has successfully brought down a sharp rise in blood pressure. In some other cases, this method has had side effects. Electro-acupuncture should therefore be a subjective mode of treatment.
- The changes brought about in your blood pressure after you have been monitored with Acupuncture are mostly gradual. The best part of such kind of a cure is that the gradual changes last for a very long span of time.
- Acupuncture is believed to kindle processes inside your nerves to further stimulate parts of your brain that directly control blood pressure levels. Research studies are being conducted to back up the positive effects of acupuncture with stronger arguments.
- The fact that acupuncture is a low- risk option makes it all the more viable a solution to tackle problems related to blood pressure.
I am male, 39 yrs, my cholesterol level is high 315, which homeopathic medicine should I take to reduce this level.
I am Debiatic patient. I am suffering from chest pain and upper part of back pain. I consulted with Doctor and told that debiatic patient suffer and it is normal. Please advice me what type of medication I have to do.
Hi I am 68 yrs old male. I am mild hypertensiv and taking 1 tab atenol50mg daily since 7 years. Which is the equivalent medicine with no side effects?
I am 25 years old male, I have fatty liver (150 mm). My blood pressure also remains on a higher side, 130/95. What precautions and action should I take.
The broken heart syndrome occurs when the release of adrenaline in your body (brought on by shock) causes your heart to fail. It is characterised by an intense and sudden chest pain.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!