Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rani PandaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am having normal blood, ECG and urine test But having 150/90 BP and suffering headache. Wat I do.
I have very much pain in my chest left side and I am having deep pain in it also I am admitted in Jagrani Hospital in Lucknow. So please help me.
I am suffering from heart disease in the center of my heart some time it tightening and some time it vebr and when I standing it is tightening so it life threatening angiogram normal echo test normal no thyroid no sugar only BP 140/95.
My blood pressure is 120/100 and have colastrol of260. Twice I felt fatigue also is it because I have any heart problem or an intimation of attack or stroke.
I am 25 yr old. My bp level showing in between 125- 137. Is this dangerous shall I take any medicine.
Hi my wife delivered a baby three months ago. She often has low BP and because of which she feels fainting like situation more in the morning. She is on breast feeding. Suggest remedy to avoid low BP especially in the morning and making body energised through out the day.
My daughter is 11 yrs old. She is frequently having suffocating feeling with chest burning. GI endoscopy reveals erosive gastro deuodenitis. Doctors also indicated somatization disorder. Presently she is under medication - esomac 20, cintapro, fludac. Problems are still continuing. She is also having white vaginal discharge since last couple of months. I am at a loss- please help.
I am fatty & cholesterol is more, how to reduce my cholesterol quickly. Is there any tablets are there. Please send me, thank you sir.
I am 22 year old male I have pain in my chest from last 2 months what should I do to get healed faster ?
What are the symptoms of diabetes nd what precautions a diabetic person should take? Nd what is the symptoms of low bp?
I have red eyes over 5 days and blood pressure low, I am diabetes patient so you have solutions for me.
From the last few days I feel some pain right side on upper side of chest and after eat something I feel cough in my chest.
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios