Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rabindranath Ghosh
Submit a review for Dr. Rabindranath GhoshYour feedback matters!
In urine time I face some problem. If any one near me I can not urinate in that time. If nobody is there I can urinate .iam facing this problem from 3 years. There is no other prblm. If I go outside the town or goin for a trip I face this problem majorly so I have to search a place where nobody is there. I very sad about this. Please help me. I want to avoid this problem. What I have to do.
I have kidney stone. Kidney of 3.7 mm odour in urine and skin as well. Red rashes on breast and hips. Is it possible indication of some disease 74 kg wt. And acidity.
Hi, I am 26 years old. My last from last 5 years is kind of on/off. I was diagnosed with UTI infection in the first half of 2012. Later I was diagnosed with typhoid and almost an year later again I was diagnosed with typhoid. Fever/Cold is very frequent. After all this my diet has reduced too much. I take light foods because I wasn't able to digest heavy foods. I don't feel hungry at all. Moreover the have started having tingling pain in the legs after typhoid specially. Whenever I am in cold weather or even if I wash my foot and doesn't properly dry it, it will get cold and slowly the legs will start paining. This year I was diagnosed with lymph node level 1 tuberculosis, but it started last year itself. My diet has been badly affected since then. Kindly help.
Hi, I'm 33 years male. Request you to advise me the brand of the condom with no infections. Bcoz my partner is getting urine infection after having sex. She suffered for a week bcoz of the infection. Kindly advice which brand condoms are good to have a better sex with out any infection. Thank you.
Hi, I am 33 year male live in gurgaon. I am a software engg . I was quite heavy drinker since last 7 years (approx 270 ml whisky at a time & 2-3 times per week) I had no problem but from last year I am suffering from some symptoms 1) reddish face 2) acne on face & skalp 3) abdominal pain (weired - not in same place sometimes left, right, back or even in testicles, groin) it is never persistant it comes and goes automatically 4) amber color urine all this is appeared abruptly from couple of months. Now I have left drinking as well as tobacco, too. But the pain is still there apart from these no other symptoms like" loss of appetite" or nucia, vomitting, yollowish skin, confusion. I am confused that what it could be? I am damn afraid of cirrhosis/ckd. I never checked with doctor cause all these was never intense. What it could be? am I in great trouble? is it the thing I should worry? please help
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!