Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasenjit Dey
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Prasenjit DeyYour feedback matters!
Hello all I am having hole in my two ears doctor confirmed needs to operate please advise really it is needed.
My wife age about 24 yrs she is suffering from throat pain from past 8 months and some times white coloured spots are seen near tonsils I visited many ent doctor but no use. Please prefer me some medicine
Whether it is for kids or adults, an ear infection can be of great discomfort and intense pain. The pain can also be because of an excess amount of wax in the ear. If it is so, then after cleaning off the wax, the discomfort may go off. But there can also be times when the pain is due to an infection. In this case, it is an ideal thought to visit a doctor. But before visiting a doctor, if the pain arises in the middle of the night suddenly, there are some things that can be done to ease out the pain.
- Pain relievers: If the pain is intense, then, of course, the first, foremost thing that comes to mind is that of pain relievers. Pain relievers such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines or acetaminophen can be taken both in the case of kids as well as adults. Aspirin should not be given to anyone who is lesser than 20 years of age as because aspirin many times may lead to a disease called Reye syndrome.
- Applying heat: If the pain is not so strong, then taking pain relievers can be avoided. Instead of taking in pain relievers, an easier way can be of applying heat to the ear. A soft cotton cloth can be taken and can be warmed to apply on the ears. It is very important to know that moisture should be kept away from the ear in this condition so to warm the cloth, you should use other ways in place of using warm water.
- Encouraging rest: Often the pain may get increased due to intense work or noise. So, rest can help in getting relief from the pain in some time. You should try to sleep at a place that is away from any noise. Often resting may help the body to handle the pain and hence the pain may get reduced down slowly. Using the heat therapy while taking rest, can also be a great way to get rid of the pain of ear infections.
- Using eardrops: When you visit the doctor, of course, the doctor will prescribe you with an eardrop. But also many experts suggest a vinegar solution as an eardrop for pain due to an ear infection. Though this is a natural remedy still is ideal to consult the doctor first so that there is no severe condition that may come up. It is because the infection may take place due to different reasons and hence it is important to cross check about various things before starting with medication.
Ear infections can happen due to any reasons from the hundreds of reasons. Consulting the doctor is, of course, the most important thing to do in this case, but at initial stages, the ways mentioned above can provide relief.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 24 year male n suffering from a steep pain under my right side moral due to which I have a soar throat on right side with a small round bulge at the site of pain. Every now and then I feel this pain, what should I do?
I am 39 year old male and I have earache or ear pain is pain in the ear for last 2 months. What should I do ?
I have a scratchy throat and upper respiratory infection when I swallow it hurts. It started as travelling by Train Ac was too chilly for me I felt cold subsequently after 3 hours this sensation occasion al cough and nose also watering at times .feeling cold and lethargic.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
- Genetic factors
- Sinus Infection
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!