Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabir Banerjrr
Submit a review for Dr. Prabir BanerjrrYour feedback matters!
When I pass hard stool then blood come's after passing of stool. If stool becomes soft then there is no blood in stool. After hard stool, blood is coming from last 2-3 days. Please advise me doctor.
When I eat some spicy food or milk food my stomach and chest starts a burning sensation. Same thing happens when I take food in any hotel or restaurant. I take a gas tablet then it gets better after half an hour. I will be happy if any can give me a permanent cure of this.
I have been suffering from acute acidity problem since long. For which I consulted several Dr. And taking different antacids/acid blocker time to time. But if I don't take such medicine acidity persists. Permanent solution of the problem may kindly be suggested.
When I eat some thing I can not digest my food fast. Iam getting gas trouble please give me suggestion.
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!