Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabir BanerjrrYour feedback matters!
My health is so weak I want to have healthy and I want to having weight. My digestive problem not well, please help m feeling not better.
I have already seen several doctors for this problem and they've all concluded to the same thing: I have IBS. No tests required, my symptoms are typical to IBS. My problems started 3 months ago with a psychological shock which led to a severe constipation. I ended up eating a lot of fruits to cure it and I just got diarrhea. Nevertheless I kept on eating them. Until a doctor told me to stop, I was messing my colon. To cure this new diarrhea I tried probiotics for 2 days and it worsened my symptoms, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Doctors told me my transit was too fast, it was pure IBS. So I decided to try a Imodium to slow my transit down. I worked like magic. But the symptoms came back two days later with new friends. My stools were mostly formed but I now had diarrhea water with it or mucus. Doctors put me on Smecta (clay-based medication) to shape my stools. Worked for a few days but mucus is coming back full force, sometimes pain. Is that it? IBS? It frightens me.
I feel pain between heart and stomach I think this is a gastric problem can lemon warm water helps to reduce gas ya increase gases due to highly amount of acid in lemon.
I have abdominal pains, constipation and the stool which I pass has blood in it this is happening since the past 2 days please help.
I have pain in my anus during sex when I come out a pain I my anus and also during night fail I have pain During running and some heavy work and some times it starts automatically when I am sleeping or relax on bed it starts And when sometimes when I an not go to toilets during traveling then it also start paining anus I consult many doctor Not any satisfaction so please tell right solution.
I Have quite often acidity problem can you suggest some home remedies or Ayurveda medicine is great help to me.
Diagnosed with gall bladder multiple canaliculi seen in meas. (9-10 mm) what to do do not want to remove gall bladder.
I am having pain itching burning in my rectum bone and skin after massage therapist fingered his anus and massaged me a month ago. I have got pain in my right side of my nose, what can be done now. Does this cause STI or anything else.
Everytime I go to the toilet I excrete blood from my anus. I went to see a doctor about it and the doctor gave me medicine but they did not help still. Please help.
I am 25 years old and I am getting stomach pain since one and half year. This stomach pain is very severe and intense and will go if I get a burp which is very loud. I have consulted many doctors, each of them had told different stories and I had undergone all the treatments they have suggested but no recovery at all. I can not even able to sleep at nights and I feel very uneasy and difficult to do my routine works. So pls suggest me immediately.
My age is 26 and I live in hostel. I have started gaining fatty tummy. Please suggest me what to do to get my original shape. I am really depressed with it.
She has problem in the rectum probably fissures or rectal prolapse / hemorrhoids she has a problem when she eats spicy food either there's no problem tell me what can happens in the future?
My name is, and I am 18 years old. There is a bleeding from my anus the blood will be clog and it will be attached to a motion ,I went to a doctor regarding these problem he put the finger in my anus and he said don't make the motion come out when you r not getting it and he gave me the tablets I didn't fallow the instructions said by the doctor and it's after 6 months the blood is coming ever day from my anus and I don't have any kind of pain in my anus Please help me out.
An inflammation of the pancreas is known as pancreatitis. The pancreas is an organ that produces digestive enzymes. Pancreatitis might start any day and continue for long period and it requires immediate medical attention. It is of two types- acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. Although the treatment usually requires hospitalization, pancreatitis can be easily stabilized and the underlying cause can be treated thereafter.
Pancreatitis may be caused due to various reasons:
- Gall bladder stone: The pancreatic duct lies next to the bile duct. The gallstones enter the small intestine after passing through the common bile duct. Often the stones that remain in the common bile duct have a negative effect on the pancreas, which causes a hindrance to the normal flow of the pancreatic fluids, causing pancreatitis. Also a back flow of the bile into the pancreas can cause pancreatitis.
- Alcohol: Long time alcohol use also causes pancreatitis. Alcohol can damage the pancreas tremendously causing it to get inflamed.
- Other causes: Hereditary disorders in the pancreas, cystic fibrosis, high level of triglycerides, and a few medicines may also cause pancreatitis.
- The first symptom of pancreatitis is abdominal pain: The pain may be sudden or gradually increasing, but is usually aggravated after eating. It is severe and constant, and may continue for a few days. If you are suffering from pancreatitis, you will feel very sick after a sudden attack and you might require medical assistance immediately.
- Swollen abdomen: Pancreatitis may cause your abdominal area to swell up and become tender.
- Nausea: If your abdomen suddenly starts paining due to the onset of pancreatitis, you tend to feel extremely nauseous. You might end up vomiting and may also have violent heaves.
- Fever: The inflammation will cause you to run a temperature, along with a searing pain in your stomach, which will make you feel extremely uncomfortable.
- Rapid pulse: Pancreatitis affects the rate, at which the heart beats, causing a rapid increase in the pulse rate.