Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nanda SahaYour feedback matters!
My teeth is yellowish and breakdown anytime and I have lost my two teeth original can I regain my original teeth by any treatment is it possible give me best solution.
What is the cost of Implant per teeth? , How much implants are required for top portion and implant for top portion can be carried out without disturbing bottom bridge supported on natural teeth?
Hello. M 21 years old. And m suffering from mouth joint problem. I can hardly open my mouth .if I forcedly open then it starts pain at right side. Near right ear. N if I eat any hard stuff like toffees then pain increases. As well in ear also. What is the problem. How can I get relief.
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.
My teeth gums are black in colour. Could you say me what is the reason? And how could I make a healthy gum?
Sir my teeth is yellow instead of brushing my teeth two times a day. Please me the reason and also give me the solution.
Dear Doctor I'm having cavity particularly in front my teeth i have some long cavity because unnecessary flesh growth i removed the flesh but the gap between two teeth is much, please advice.
My mother recently got dentures a week ago. (Artificial teeth). She complains of pain while eating. Is it normal.
Hello Dr. Front teeth down side .I bite a carrot from front teeth down side inner gum gone down till last .now no pain but how to recover the gum.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessmnt of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite resin filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.