Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Madan Mohan PatraYour feedback matters!
I am a social worker 65 years old half retired. I have migrated to a remote village. I am browsing three hours rest 4 hours again 3 hours. Spending time by Writing free lance on social issues in the internet websites. There is no proper eye doctor in this village. My eye balls come out time to time. At Kolkata a 14 hours by train from here Dr. Used to press it with an instrument to set it right. Is there any natural way I can perform at home? Dr. says there is no fear of loosing eye sight.
I have alot of unwanted facial hair under my eyes. How can I reduce hair growth there? Laser is very expensive for me. Kindly tell me some home remedies for thinning or reduction of unwanted facial hair. Secondly I have a very dull face. I want a glowing skin without any dark circles and flawless complexion. Kindly tell how can I achieve the same?
I am suffering for eye dry ness from 4 years can you please help me to get rid of it. Can you please cure me.
I am 16 years old boy I am suffering from sight related eye problems since my 3rd class so please give some suggestions.
I am 36 yrs old male. My eye sight is -2.5. Should I go for lasik. What is lasik life and are there any side effects in long terms say after 60 yrs old.
My eye sight has been low for nearly seven years. I found it difficult to see something in very high light. What can I do?
Sir, I am 19 year old and I am wearing sceptics from 7 years and my eyes no. Become fixed from 4 years and I want too fix my eyes by any means. My eyes no. Is -2.50 left and -2.25 right.
I am 23 years old suffering from migraine and my eyes are sensitive to light suggest me any medicine.
I am seshu 18 years old studying b-tech second year I forgetting what I listen in the class and what I read on the book.
I have red eyes last 2 years and this time is very painful but not a regular only in summer session please help me what I do.
I have dry eyes problem from last one year. Whenever I look at bright colors or go outside in a day time my eyes will itch. I have a specs.
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
My eyes look sleepy every time. My eyebrows seem heavy and hence I look dumb and lazy. Please advice medication for fast relief. Thank you.
I work in IT Company. I work 10 hours in a day on computer. So when I go home my head is start headache. I tried many tablets but no one works. Please give me some treatment to stop headache.
I work in front of laptop daily for like 10-12 hrs, and now always at night my eyes get red with irritation, due to which I am not able to take good sleep, please tell me what to do?
I am 30 years old. 8 years ago I was disorganized with CRVO disorder. Due to small town and non availability of good doctors, I was told to leave the condition as it is and keep a check over the swelling occurred due to it. After 3 years I consult some other doctor in Pune where he told me I have swelling in my right eye as well. He prescribed few medicines but after few years my right eye vision became blur. I consulted few other doctors in Jaipur who prescribed steroid (prednisolone) to control the inner inflammation. Using steroid was a temporary solution but it helped developing cataract in my right eye. Now doctor says my left eye actual had CRAO instead of CRVO and it cannot be cured and as far as my right eye is concerned it has chronic uveitis along with cataract. Doctor has again prescribed steroid to settle uveitis post which a cataract surgery will be performed. Doctors are not giving a specific time for the surgery and I am facing challenges to perform my day to day activities. Can somebody please review and help me.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.