Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kritika
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. KritikaYour feedback matters!
Few people are lucky enough to be born with a set of perfectly aligned teeth. This fact and the pursuit for beautiful smile led to the development of braces. Traditional braces did help realign teeth, but are uncomfortable and affect a person's appearance while they are in use. Ceramic braces are less noticeable as the brackets are clear or tooth coloured. Invisible braces are the latest in dental realignment therapy. They are virtually invisible and are not associated with any dietary restrictions unlike the earlier forms of braces.
Invisible braces are also known as aligners. Aligners are similar to mouth guards in appearance, but are custom built to fit tightly around the patient's teeth. These slip over the teeth and are designed to be removed and replaced every fortnight. Aligners may also be removed for eating, brushing and flossing. Each set of aligners vary slightly so as to move your teeth forcefully and correct your bite.
Treatment time of invisible braces depends on how much the teeth needs to be moved. In most cases, treatment takes between 10 months to 24 months. Aligners are also often used by adults who wore braces as children to correct slight displacement of teeth. In such cases, treatment could take as little as 10 weeks.
However, not everyone can get invisible braces. Aligners are custom built to fit tightly over teeth. This makes them unfit for use on children teeth as their teeth are constantly growing and developing. This is typically used for patients suffering from mild to moderately crowded teeth or those who have minor spacing issues between teeth. It can also be used as a follow up form of treatment for traditional braces.
Invisible braces are also slightly more expensive as compared to traditional braces as they are custom fitted.
The first step towards getting invisible braces is an X-ray, dental photographs and impression of the patient's teeth, gums and bite. These are then used to create a digital 3D representation of the patient's teeth in their current positions and their desired positions. The in-between stages are then created by moving the teeth .25 to .33 millimeters in each stage. The number of intermediate stages depend on the extent teeth need to be moved. Each stage is representative of an aligner to be worn for 2 weeks. If a tooth needs to be pulled away or rotated, a small, composite attachment may be bonded to the tooth.
The biggest advantage with invisible braces is that they can be worn without making a person self-conscious.
My side teeth is paining. Do not knw why. Nothing is wrong there. Due to that my ear is also paining a bit.
I have stains on my teeth It's like black spots but really small After a through cleaning at a Dental Clinic All over But after few months its back Remedies for it?
I am having some teeth problem. Problem is regarding colour, and they are yellowish, my parents say that I was usually having fever in my childhood, some doctors are saying colour can only b changed only using artificial caps three thousand rs per teeth. What should I do.
I recently got ulcer in my upper lips which is so painful. Its been 5 days but still its same. Not healing. It give burning sensation. How can I cure it fast.
When I eat something cool like ice cream in at that my teeth will start to pain and it's happing for sometime for this what am I do?
How do wash my teeth? I wash regularly in a nice manner but despite of this at corners there are yellow spots as if those area are not washed but I wash properly.
My husband ate supari 6 months before but now his teeth are yellowish how the yellow color being faded.
I am suffering from pain in molar teeth of right side and also in lower side of jaw so can you please suggest me what to do.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when your child take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper children's general well-being, their ability to enjoy food, appearance and their precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your child's tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse the teeth, try to reinsert your hild's teeth in the socket. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think your child can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of your child : If there is bleeding, give your child's mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give your child a treat: This is a great way to get their mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat them with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on their gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help them to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a child's dentist at earliest: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist at the earliest, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue. The sooner , the better it is.
Your children's teeth need to last their lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult your child's dentist.