Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Joydev ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
I am 33 year old Male and have back-pain but from couple of days pain travel on buttocks. I not able to sit more than 5 mins on any surface. I had consult with doctor they asked me for L5 x-ray after investigated they prescribe me PAN-D, Multi Vitamins and systaflam Mr. They told this is because of muscles tightness. What should I do next. I am not getting any relief.
I am a 22 year old male person. Since three days I am facing severe knee pain. I am not able to get up quickly after sitting continuously for even half an hour? What might be the problem? Is there any easy way to reduce the pain?
Hi I am suffering from back pain from the past 5 days and I even consulted cupping doctors and done cupping treatment but still the pain persists, also I took pain killers like nice, paracetamol as pain is temporary reduced. Please check and do the needful.
I have a pulling strain on the right posterior side of my neck since past 4 months due to which last three fingers of my right hand go numb at times and my shoulder also aches. What could be the problem? Thanks.
I have a hectic schedule and due to it I experience a lower back pain so what should I do to overcome it so that I can feel fresh while carrying out my daily chores.
I am 14 years old girl and from last 2 days my right hand is paining I tried some ointments and some sprays also but still it's paining! Can you help me out by giving some home remedy!
Im 22 year male. I love to play cricket especially bowling but when ever I throw the bowl, I get severe pain in my shoulder and on rest it gets relieved. But now a days the pain goes on increasing. We would be grateful if you suggest something.
I'm 23 years old. Male I have 1 year old injury in my right soldier for doing pace bowling. I visited to doctor but didn't work out. If I take rest then fine but after when I start to play then it start paining badly. Even tears come out.
Good evening doctor my age 30, weight 64, height 5.1, I am unmarried, female previously 7 years back I tried suicide at med 120 pills I don't know present that medicines name and 2 month bed rest when that time. I lose my color skin brightness. Very tiredness day next some activeness, I thinking any matter when that time fully headache, I have out of weight 15 kgs mainly hips, and I have suffer leg, back pains, hips start down pain will start I am very suffer from this problem and hips seen to be very high.
I am 26 years old female. I suffering from back pain for last 8 months. When I take any pain killer it gives relief but after some days again starts, I can't even bend down.
I got married one month back and not completed our best moment yet just because of pain afraid. How can I avoid pain please tell me n my husband n me wants to start married life please suggest.
While playing cricket ball hit my left rib cage at bottom side and while sleeping its paining and even on fast movement also its paining slight swelling is there. But pain is heavy. So please suggest me which medicine I had to take or treatment required.
There is lot of pain in my neck, back, right arm to hand, lower legs and feet. I have 5 months old baby. And after delivery I am facing these all pains. My bones were already weak. May I know what should do in this case.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.