Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Janardan Pradhan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Janardan PradhanYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 years old and I have 1.25 number on my both eyes, I don't like to wear spex, it is okay to do operation to remove now? Or I wait for more 1, 2 years.
I have a lot of pain in my wisdom teeth. And due to that pain I have headache and swelling in the affected region. I took medicine from two days but yet I am not well please help me.
Hallucinations and delusions are uncommon in the general population, a new study finds.
Researchers analyzed data from more than 31,000 adults in 18 countries in North and South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the South Pacific.
The average rate of having had at least one hallucination or delusion (collectively referred to as psychotic experiences) was just under 6 percent. The rates were 5 percent for hallucinations and 1 percent for delusions.
Psychotic experiences were more likely to be reported by women than men (6.6 percent versus 5 percent), and by people in middle-income (7.2 percent) and high-income (6.8 percent) countries than by those in low-income countries (3.2 percent).
Of those who reported psychotic experiences, 32.2 percent reported only one episode, while 31.8 percent reported two to five episodes, according to the study published online May 27 in the journal JAMA Psychiatry.
"We have provided, to our knowledge, the most comprehensive description of the epidemiologic landscape of psychotic experiences published to date. Although the lifetime prevalence of psychotic experiences is 5.8 percent, these events are typically rare" wrote Dr. John McGrath, of the University of Queensland in Australia, and colleagues.
"Our study highlights the subtle and variegated nature of the epidemiologic features of psychotic experiences and provides a solid foundation on which to explore the bi-directional relationship between psychotic experiences and mental health disorders" the study authors concluded.
Since last 2-3 days I am having a constant fear of death. The thought revolves around heart attack. Though I did ecg last month which came out fine. Just sinus tachycardia. For sometime I feel fine and again the thought comes and feel anxious. The heart rate is 110 to 115. What could be reason for this. I am very scared.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained.