Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J SenguptaYour feedback matters!
I always have little cold from 3-4 years and sometimes it got severe with cough and throat blockage and have told by one ent specialist that I have a bended rose on the basis of a x ray.
I was suffering with stomach pain but still I was eating everything and getting wormthings and motions please suggest me.
I am suffering from lose motion from last 2 weeks and I have abdominal pain Can you suggest what should be done.
While you may be worried about being affected with coronary diseases just because your forefathers suffered from it, there are various factors that are absolutely in your sole control. With a little change in lifestyle and following a well-regulated routine, you can easily keep your hereditary cardiac diseases at bay.
- Take a Healthy Diet Regularly: Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in phytonutrients and other anti-oxidants, vitamins, fibres, minerals as well as anti-inflammatory molecules that would increase your immunity.
- Regulate Your Blood-Sugar Level: Studies show that blood sugar is a great contributor to cardiac diseases. So try to replace your high-carb diet with loads of fibre, protein and healthy fats to keep your blood-sugar level in control.
- Increase the Intake of Fibre: Try to increase the amount of fibre in your food chart by having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and soya so that it amounts up to at least 50 grams a day. You may even include fibre supplements in your diet.
- Stay Away From Processed and Junk Food: We know you are crazy about fast food, but you must also include sodas, processed jams, fruit juices and soft drinks as well, which are the greatest contributors to diabetes and in turn lead to heart diseases.
- Increase the Intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Try to include cold-water fish like sardine, salmon and herring along with flax seeds and sea weeds. This 'good' fat would keep your cholesterol level in check and lower down the amount of malicious LDL levels and transform them into harmless LDL particles.
- Get Rid of all Hydrogenated Food: This implies that you should abstain from having cookies, margarine, baked stuff and crackers. Don't be fooled by the label saying, "no trans-fat" and instead look for healthy coconut, olive or sesame oil.
- Abstain from Consuming Alcohol: Alcohol can do no good to any organ of your body. Instead, it triggers the amount of triglycerides, causes fatty liver and creates sugar imbalance in your body. By reducing alcohol consumption you can reduce inflammation, which causes various chronic diseases.
- Have good quality supplements: Along with having a healthy diet and workout, you must try to take in multivitamin and mineral supplements regularly to keep fit and active all around the year.
- Exercise Regularly: Researches report that a minimum of half an hour's exercise is required by our body regularly. After all, the heart is a muscle, and you must work out regularly to keep it healthy for a longer span.
- Manage your Stress Levels: Stress alone can lead to a fatal heart attack without prior signal. Take the time out to indulge in yoga, meditation, tai chi or anything that would keep your stress levels under control and help you to lead a happier, healthier life.
These 10 easy ways will help you to prevent cardiac diseases; but you must consult a responsive cardiologist at the earliest.
I don't get sleep good when ever I wake up I feel my brain keeps running n I remember everything. Please help me in getting sound sleep.
Sir my name is shemeem I am just 20 now I have a problem when I go to bathroom for bathing I want to take a long time and some time painfully an some blood flowing I think its the starting of piles what I want taking the action for reduce it.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
After suffering from depression for 2 years I hv very weak sexual desire. I am completely out of depression since this year but my sex desire is still weak. From last 3 months I also hv sleeping disorder. .but my sex desire is weak since 2 years now. Can I get back to normal sex desire. .please help.
Good afternoon. Please suggestion. How to penis enlargement. My penis small . Any medicine please answer.
From yesterday evening I started to get a continuous beep sound in my right ear and it's continuing even now without even stopping for a second. I did try with ear drops last night but didn't solve. What could be the reason for this and what I need to do next. Note: I am normal person and no major medical condition or no allergies till now.
How do I last longer in bed’ is one of the most common queries we get on the site. We do not know whether the people who ask this question have a wrong perception of how long they need to last or actually have a serious problem like premature ejaculation.
Unlike what you see in porn, the average time for men during intercourse is 5-10 minutes, while the whole act from seduction to the end of actual intercourse may last around 30 minutes. Here are 11 things you should beware off, as they can kill your sex drive
If you clock anywhere below 3 minutes, you perhaps need help. You could try some of the things listed below:
1. Eat more veggies and fruits: Yes, studies have actually shown that men who are mostly vegetarian last much longer in bed than non-vegetarians. They have more stamina due to the nutrients they get from these fruits and veggies, especially potassium.
a. Eating a banana just before sex could help improve your performance as it contains potassium. It also supplies a good amount of glucose. Read more about health benefits of bananas.
b. Drinking amla or gooseberry juice everyday could help you last longer in bed and also improve sperm quality as it has a good amount of iron and zinc.
c. Eat a handful of strawberries before intercourse. Its high zinc content and glucose concentration can help you last longer. Check out 10 Bollywood stars reveal stuff about sex, love and more!
2. Avoid processed sugar: The ‘sugar slump’ that comes after a ‘sugar rush’ could reduce your stamina.
3. Cut down on smoking: It hardens your arteries and lessens blood flow to the penis. According to men’s health Physician and Medical Sex Therapist DrVijayasarathi Ramanathan, ‘Smoking affects every system/organ of the body including sexual functioning. People need to understand that erection in men has a lot to do with a healthy heart, blood vessels. Smokers are twice as likely to get erectile dysfunction as non-smokers.’
4. Reduce alcohol intake: Alcohol has a bad effect on your senses and you are not ‘fully’ in the moment. So, exerting control is out of question, isn’t it?
5. Work on your arms and abdominal muscles: Most of the sexual positions require the man to be on his hands and feet. This means his core has to be very strong in order to last longer. So, working on biceps, triceps and abs at the gym or body-weight exercises at home can help. Exercise also improves blood flow in general including to the penis and this could also help. (Read: Revealed — men with bigger bellies last 5 minutes longer in bed than slim men)
6. Try Kegels or pelvic floor exercises: These exercises are mostly used for gaining better bladder control, but also help in maintaining erections for longer. Imagine you are urinating and then try to stop the flow. Repeat this – squeeze, hold, release cycle 10 times, trying to hold for 10 seconds per squeeze.
7. Try biofeedback or ‘edging’: When you are almost there (during intercourse or masturbation), stop all sexual activity. Distract yourself for a bit. This way you can gain better control and extend sex time.
8. Try the squeeze technique: When you are almost about to orgasm, squeeze just below the head of the penis. This pushes the blood back from the penis giving you more time.
9. Focus more on foreplay and your woman: Sometimes, trying to get her to orgasm first with either your fingers or your mouth could help relieve your stress and help maintain your erection longer.
10. Get enough sleep: According to a research conducted by researchers from University of Chicago, men who got less than five hours of sleep at night had lower levels of testosterone. It is important that you get 7-8 hours of sleep to boost your sexual performance.
11. Try yoga: Certain yoga asanas like the cobra pose (bhujangasana), paschimotasana can increase blood flow to the genital area and increase the time you last in bed.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.