Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am 26 years old but my breast size it not proper. When I attained puberty I founded a ball kind of thing in my right breast but with time it disappeared. But till now the size has not grown properly. Can you suggest me some remedy?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back, I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
Sir, I m having some skin problem. My face and neck is dark and below that my skin is fair and my ears and nose are also fair except my chicks and neck. And I have some dark splits on chest and under arms. What should I do please suggest me.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
Is baking soda and water paste is good for face its written in all sites that face get glow and all the spots are cleaned please suggest me any thing that I can clear all my spots and get glowing face bcz I have to go to marriage tomorrow please suggest I can get good face in 24 hours please suggest me.
I was searching about the bad affects of milk. I got that it ages skin soon and darkens skin. Is This True?
Different types of berries like strawberries, blueberries, mulberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, cherries and boysenberries are considered great skin foods due to their high antioxidant content.
In fact, a 2012 study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that berries have potent antioxidant capacity.
Antioxidants combat free radicals and slow down the aging process by reducing oxidative damage to cells. Along with antioxidants, berries have anti-inflammatory properties.
Berries are easy to eat as a snack and you can add some to your cereal, smoothies or yogurt everyday to enjoy healthy and beautiful skin.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a good source of polyphenols, antioxidants like vitamin E, and essential fatty acids, which can actually help delay the aging process in a beautiful way.
It is also rich in squalane, a natural emollient that is great for your skin as well as nails, lips and hair. The high amount of vitamin E in olive oil helps protect cell membranes and guards your skin against damage from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
You can apply olive oil directly on damp skin as a great moisturizer after taking a shower. It also makes a great hand moisturizer and can be used as a makeup remover.
To enjoy the health as well as beauty benefits of olive oil, sprinkle it on your salad and use it for cooking your meal.
3. Wild Salmon
Wild salmon is one of the best food sources for omega-3 fatty acids, which help maintain cell membranes to allow water and nutrients in while keeping harmful toxins out.
These healthy fats also reduce inflammation in the body and lower the risk of skin cancer. Salmon also contains selenium, a mineral that protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
Aim to eat at least two servings of this fatty fish each week. One serving equals two to three ounces. You can enjoy salmon grilled or baked, in pasta or salad, or as a side dish. Along with wild salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines will help promote smooth, clear and glowing skin.
This leafy green vegetable is rich in antioxidants along with vitamins B, C, and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for the overall health of your skin.
In a study published in the International Journal of Cancer, people who ate more spinach suffered less from different types of skin tumors compared with those who ate the least amount of spinach.
This is possible due to the high amount of folate in spinach that helps repair and maintain DNA, prevents cell damage and slows down the aging process. Also, the water content in spinach penetrates cell membranes and can give you plumper and less wrinkled skin.
Tomatoes are the best source of the anti-aging antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene helps reduce inflammatory response to harmful UV damage, thus protecting the skin from the damage due to sun’s rays. To enjoy the skin benefits of lycopene, you need to cook the tomatoes rather than eating them raw.
Tomatoes also contain a good amount of vitamin C, which helps in collagen production and protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
6. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes contain a good amount of vitamin C, which helps in the production of collagen, a protein that reduces wrinkles and helps keep your skin nice and smooth. In addition, the vitamin A in sweet potatoes gives you a brighter complexion.
You can include sweet potatoes in your diet by adding them to casseroles, soups or salads. You can even try them baked as a side dish.
CONSULT ONLINE FOR MORE HERBAL BEAUTY TIPS AND AYURVEDA TREATMENT.
DR. KOMAL GUPTA