Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indranil GhoshYour feedback matters!
I have some problem not regularly its happen sometimes. Problem is sometimes blood comes with stool. Please advise.
I am having some marks on my both cheeks. After lots of treatment they are still on my face. Kindly help me to remove.
I am 23 years fair skin tone but I have dark tan on my hands and leg. Am allergies with lime .kindly provided some remedies for my tan.
One of the most common treatments for melasma is sun protection. This means wearing sunscreen every day and reapplying the sunscreen every 2 hours.
Women are far more likely than men to get melasma. It is so common during pregnancy that some people call it the mask of pregnancy. Hormones seem to trigger melasma.
Melasma: signs and symptoms
Common signs (what you see) of melasma are brown or gray-brown patches on the face. These patches most commonly appear on the:
Bridge of the nose.
Above the upper lip.
Chin. Some people get patches on their forearms or neck.
What causes melasma?
What causes melasma is not yet clear. It likely occurs when the color-making cells in the skin (melanocytes) produce too much color. People with skin of color are more prone to melasma because they have more active melanocytes than those with light skin.
Common melasma triggers (what starts it) include:
Sun exposure: ultraviolet (uv) light from the sun stimulates the melanocytes. In fact, just a small amount of sun exposure can make melasma return after fading. Sun exposure is why melasma often is worse in summer. It also is the main reason why many people with melasma get it again and again.
A change in hormones: pregnant women often get melasma. When melasma appears in pregnant women, it is called chloasma, or the mask of pregnancy. Birth control pills and hormone replacement medicine also can trigger melasma.
Cosmetics: skin care products that irritate the skin may worsen melasma.
Procedures: if a topical medicine does not get rid of your melasma, a procedure may succeed. Procedures for melasma include a chemical peel (such as glycolic acid), microdermabrasion, and dermabrasion.
My mom is 38 years old and she has a problem of dark circles under her eyes. How to remove her dark circles?
When I m cooking. The pressure cooker was burst on my face and my face was totally burn? What can I do for recovery of my skin?
I have white patches on my skin. Disease named as vitiligo. What should I do to cure this disease and also tell me about what reson it happens?
Which company day and night cream I should use for my face, lines have seen on it. Tell me how to use Cleanser toner moisturizer every day.
I am having a black skin between two legs. I have itching and I also have itching on my back near anus. Please tell medicines for this skin infection.
I have uneven skin tone on my face I have my sister's marriage after next two weeks I want to get rid of it with in two weeks what I have to do?
I am 20 years old male. I am having painful defecation. Doctor told me of anal fissure with internal haemorrhoids. I take betadine bath.
I have a small white pimples (funshi) in small portion of my face. But completely I am not ready to say pimples because these are remain on my face from last 10 year. I think these are due to sweat or any other allergy due to medicine.
Hello doctor, Im 22 yr./F. I want to improve my face color. Firstly I want to get fair face. Sun exposed body parts also becoming dark. Im having small black spots too on my face. My face is little oily around nose. Pls suggest something which will make and retain my face fair. I never used any fairness creams expect home remedies. Pls help me to get fair skin. Thanks in advance.
Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition. Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar Sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.