Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hrishikesh Laha
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Hrishikesh LahaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor My son has been suffering from OCD for past more than a year, he tries to clean his TV screen repeatedly and checks his electronic gadgets. Has been under treatment for anxiety, depression and also OCD last two years. Present medication is Fludac, sized on and admenta. Not able to control his OCD and feels stressed all the time, is not able to concentrate and does not like to go to college, please advise. Very tormenting for him as well as his parents.
I have been suffering from deep anxiety problems. Last 1 year. When I got anxious my heart beat is racing. N palpitations happened. Little bit chest pain. Happened.when I usually go to exam now a days. I become so anxious. Then palpitations is happening. Nervousness.tension. Last evening. Again anxiety attack harmed me. Last night to this morning. Heart palpitations is happening. About anxiety, stress,tension. I am too much worried. How anxiety is curable? It hampered my life. Any solution? For this? Any yoga? please plz help me. My age 27. Weight 50. B.P normal.
My fiance was depressed due to his failure in competitive exam and his illness from last year. He always had mood swings but we were having a healthy relationship with love. We used to discuss abt almost everything and many times he feels low then he used to come to me and get relaxed. But due to anxiety and fear for future he was not able to concentrate on studies due to negative thoughts. He has been given pexep cr 12.5 mg and neurodin multivitamin tablets to be taken once in a day and now he is very relaxed and concentrated for studies. He has completed course of 3 months for this dose and been given omega fish oil capsule in place of earlier medicine. From last month he has been taking omega capsules. Meanwhile due to his viral fever and weakness his studies get affected and due to this he again get depressed and now he is not talking properly neither with me. He said do not motivate me n he do not want to study and is being negative. He is neither talking with me nor calling me. He just sleep as doctor asked him to take rest after viral fever. I do not understand what to do and how to motivate him or comfort him or deal with him. I personal and love him so much but our love lives really get affected.
The first question when you greet somebody is 'how are you' and this often refers to our state of well-being. While most answers would be great, awesome or good, we usually think of how we are doing physically. While some of us may talk about physical conditions (say things like feverish, have a cold, etc.), not many would think of talking about mental health conditions. However, mental health is very important for overall well-being.
Can you think of someone who is severely depressed or anxious all the time and have a good physical health? Chances are very bleak, and if you consider the overall health as a mix of mental and physical balance, this is not possible. Read on to understand how important mental health is and why you should start paying more attention to it.
- Improved physical health: If someone is in a stressed state, it is obvious that they would not be able to do the activities they enjoy. Being affected mentally also leads to reduced immunity and sleep disturbances, making the person prone to infections and other disorders. Stress is one of the main risk factors for chronic medical conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
- Improved prognosis: Most often, doctors focus on treating the physical aspects of a person’s health. However, with recent emphasis on mental health, more and more doctors are looking at wholesome measures to improve a person’s health. Results show that when a person’s mental health is also addressed, the physical ailments respond very well.
- Improved productivity: People with unattended mental health disorders often resort to absence from work and/or school, can have financial instability, be homeless and can fall repeatedly. Being mentally healthy provides overall changed perspective of life and therefore improves productivity.
- Improved personal relationships: Children of people affected with mental illness are prone to neglect, abuse, rejection, and behavioural issues. There is also social isolation, which may lead into adulthood, and these children may also have emotional health problems. Others in the close circle including spouses, siblings, parents, close friends and colleagues would be clearly affected by a person who is mentally unhealthy.
- Social effects: These people are highly prone to social crimes like rape, murder, theft, violence, etc. They may not be able to afford their treatment and/or resort to these crimes to assert themselves.
- Improved quality of life: Life expectancy is higher in people who are mentally healthy. Even with mild symptoms of anxiety and depression, this is reduced, and the chances of a happier, healthier life are reduced.
Whatever the effect, mental health needs to be addressed as equally as we do physical problems, using medications, counselling, or lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.