Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Hrishikesh LahaYour feedback matters!
What is binswanger's disease? Somebody I know is having it. Been told that it is not alzheimer. So then what is it? Person looks like having dementia like symptoms. We are at loss. Should we also consult a psychiatrist here?
My mother is 84 years old, is under severe depression. She is presently having Dayo-OD (250 mg) - 1BD, Tolaz MD 2.5 mg, Censpram 10 mg.advice on this please
Doctor this question is about friendship I broke up my friendship for some reasons in past and my friends have tried a lot to reconstruct it but because of my attitude I do not talk to them it is like a demand and I came to know that they sacrifice for friendship now what should I do I want to see them always happy and don't want to hurt again?
Hi I'm 23 years old male. I am anxiety and depression patient from last 4-5 yrs. I think due to dis im nothing in my life. Ryt now abhi mai kuch bhi nahi kar raha apni professional life mein. I have anxiety and depression patient. Mera mind hamesha past ki baaton mein chalta rehta hai .Actually 2011 mein meri gf ke sath breakup ho gya tha, uske sath mera 5 years ka relationship the and then uske baad se aajtak mai apni life mein kuch nhi kr paya hu. I have my own dreams and goals and I desperately want accomplished them but I don't knw I cnt able to start them. One more thing mujhe obsessive compulsive disorder bhi hai. Sumtym ago mai baidynath ki sarawatarishta le rha tha. Doctor pllz tel me which treatment I have to start b/w homeopathic or ayurvedic. Which treatment cure me fast. Sir pls I want to start my life on new level. Please help me.
Which is the best medicine for epilepsy Sodium valporate gastro resistant tablet I P 500mg or Divalproex Prolonged release tablets I P Valance* O D 500. Please explain its side effects and more.
I lost all my competitive exams, I lost my eligibility age, I have no property, I went into depression, now I can't help myself, I would like to commit suicide with out pain, can any one suggest how to do the same.
Sir I suffer depression for 8 months and also I am fear Ng someone's presents. And crouds I love loneliness.
Hi sir/mam, I am suffering from Anxiety and Depression from Last 5-6 months and I had tried all Medicines including Allopathy, ayurvedic & Now m Taking Homeopathy! But not the bttr result! I always think Negative and due to that I get in depression and feel alone and helpless! I always feel Worried that whats going to happened with me in negative way! Please help me and suggest me some natural ways to Kill Anxiety and Depression! Coz I want to live Happily With My 2 children! 1 is of 3 years old girl and anther is 20 day old boy! thanks Alot in Advance.
Sir I am 23 year old. I was in relationship for 3 years. But last year due to breakup I got strongly addicted to smoking. I controlled it but still daily I need 3-4 cigarette. Due to this I feel very week. I want stop this addiction but can't. So please help me to get out from this.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!