Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I am getting stye in my left eye. I know it cures by itself. Is there any way to get rid of it. Any antibiotics or precautions should I be taking? What it the eye lid is still swelled?
Hello sir/mam, meri age 25 years h aur main maximum 6-7 hours in a day computer par kam karti hun. Meri eyesight weak h but jada weak nhi h and I wear specs but still mere humesha headache rehta h mere hairs b long hain kya ye hairs ki wja se hota h? forehead me pain nhi hota hairs k ander hota h aur neck back side khichti h, vomiting feel hoti h aur stomach heavy ho jata, irritation b hone lagti h fir during this time. Mera bp humesha low hi rehta h approx 70/110 or 80/100. Please suggest me from which disease I am suffering and what should I do? please suggest me soon.
Doctor I have a huge boil on my eye it pains and irritates me sometime what can apply on it and what can I do to clear it.
My friend facing a problem of eye sight even if he consult eye specialist and have a little headache problem, how to overcome this.
Sir, before 15 days I checked my eyes and my eyes no. Is -. 75 and -1. Can it reduce if yes then how?
Hello Sir, I am twenty 22 year old. I am a male. I have a problem with my eyes so I want a suggestion from you that what I should do to get get my line of sight better and what I should eat in breakfast as well as lunch to cure my eyes also want to decrease my spectacles power.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.