Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopal Chaurasia
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopal ChaurasiaYour feedback matters!
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As the winter chill creeps in, it’s time to put on layers of warmth to protect you from the extreme cold. As you put on warm clothing externally, you also need to pack your body internally with the right Vitamins and Minerals to brave through the winter chill and the associated health problems.
Here are a few remedies that will boost your immunity this winter and keep you healthy.
1. Probiotic Supplier - Yogurt
Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics and boosts the immune system’s abilities to fight off diseases. Consume at least 2-3 cups of probiotics rich yogurt to get its amazing benefits.
2. Great Booster - Broccoli
Broccoli, the bright green coloured vegetable is a great immunity booster that keeps the immune system strong and stable. Its amazing benefit is that it prevents the immune system from reacting to allergens, germs and viruses which is one of the major causes of immune system related diseases. Eat it as much as possible this winter.
3. Immunity Enhancer - Amla
The Indian Gooseberry or Amla is loaded with Vitamin C. The amount of Vitamin C in this small little fruit is double in comparison to oranges and lemons. Vitamin C helps to strengthen immunity and can help to maintain good health. Enjoy fresh as it is or have its juice.
4. Revitalizer - Oregano and Thyme
Oregano and Thyme have a great anti-microbial potential and are power packed with aromatic compounds that boost the immune system. Added to teas, salads or soups, they enhance the flavour apart from keeping away the winter cold.
5. Resistance Builder - Barley and Oatmeal
Barley and Oatmeal are rich sources of Beta-Glucans, a fibre capable of building body’s resistance to infections and diseases like cancer, diabetes etc. A great booster for the immune system these even lower the level of cholesterol in blood and help to suppress appetite. You can have 1-2 cups of cooked oatmeal or barley to get their benefits.
6. Immunity Restorer - Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds
Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds are packed with minerals that boost immunity. Loaded with Magnesium, pumpkin seeds also contain Zinc essential for boosting immunity. Sunflower seeds are rich in Copper and Selenium, apart from Magnesium and help to maintain bones and control damage to cells. Together they make a healthy mix for you to munch and enjoy great health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.