Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. G. S. BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a 46 years old female, and I have developed a lump on my left breast, is there any treatment in ayurveda for this without taking any medicines only by using oils? Thanks.
My one breast is small and other is little bit large I am worried abt breast cancer is it normal ya any think serious?
Does olive oil prevent heart disease? Short answer: Yes The health benefits of olive oil come from the presence of polyphenol, antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancers. But to get these healthy compounds, consumers should buy good-quality, fresh" extra-virgin" olive oil, which has the highest polyphenol content. Most commercially available olive oils have low levels of polyphenol associated with poor harvesting methods, improper storage, and heavy processing.
Hello doctors, today I did a general health check up. Everything came normal xcept monocyte. Which is 12% and my total wbc count was 6900 which is in normal range. So do I have to worry about monocyte. Since its play a major role in cancer. My doctor din tell me regarding this. So kindly help me out. M 26 years of age.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am a 62 years old, 10 days back done fistula operation and the biosis to the clinic and found colorectal cancer. We consulted with doctor and said that bipas s operation for motion for perament. Is there any other treatment?
My father is suffering from cancer he got operations n then completed the chemo, now is in danger condition of is life. Pls help us.
About the cancer What kind of treatments are available Cancer How to connect best treatment hospitals.
My father at the age of 68 diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on august15. As some blood veins involved wibul not done. To remove the obstruction in deodanam bypass surgery done. 9 cycles of palliative chemo administered. Now past one month he suffering by fever. When we gave paracetamol fever raised 2 points then decreased. He taking 3 tablets daily.
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
My name is Dr Vandana Singh, I am a gynaecologist practising at the women clinic at sector- 30, Noida and my field of choice are high-risk pregnancy and infertility.Today, I want to talk about cervical cancer which is the most common cancer in India in women.
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the lowermost part of the uterus called cervix. This virus is caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus. This virus comes around in 90-100 days but in that 4 types of human papillomavirus can cause infection and then cause cervical cancer in the future. Some women get infected with this virus in their early reproductive stage and in 5-10 % cases this HPV virus infection catch cord can cause cervical cancer in future. There is a vaccine which is available nowadays for last 10 to 15 years and the awareness for this vaccine is very less in our country. I want to create awareness for this cervical cancer vaccination. This cervical cancer vaccination is for females around 9-14 years, but we can give up to 45 years.
Cervarix is all against human papilloma virus and we give this vaccine in three doses, 0, then one month, then 6 months.
The Gardasil is also available against the human papilloma virus and the doses of this vaccine are at 0 doses, then 2 months, then 6 months. Gardasil can be given to male also to prevent the ward infection in males. This vaccine can be given at the age of 9 years, but according to the WHO recommendation we should give it to people at 10 to 14 years and the doses are different according to the age group.
If you want further information about the vaccination and the benefit of the vaccination and who can get this vaccination, you can call me at my number and can definitely book an appointment from the lybrate.com.
My age is 18 now. I'm a male. My breast goes a little bit increasing tell ways to stop increasing breast.
People's daily reported that cancer has become the number one threat to human life. It is a common and frequently-occurring disease which seriously endangers the health of people. Cancer experts have pointed out that, besides the genetic factor, cancer is also highly related to the environmental factors, in which diet is one of the most important.
Relevant researches have pointed out that about one-third of the cancer diseases has something to do with the poor eating habits in daily life. With the gradual improvement of the living standards, people tend to eat more refined foods at the meal, while the intake of coarse grains and cereals is reduced. Such modern poor eating habit will lead to a series of cancers, which seriously affect the health of human body.
- First, lack of cellulose will increase the incidence of colorectal cancer.
- Second, excessive intake of high-fat, high-protein foods has become an important reason for the increasing incidence of breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Third, about 75% of the head and neck cancer is caused by drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Fourth, people who like to eat hard, hot, and pungent foods will easily suffer from esophageal cancer.
- Fifth, gastric cancer has something to do with too much intake of smoked foods or foods which contain nitrate, such as sausage, ham, pickles, dried salted fish and so on.
- Sixth, eating mildewed corn, peanut, rice and other foods or drinking unsanitary water will make people susceptible to liver cancer.
- Seventh, people who prefer to eat sweet and greasy foods are most likely to suffer from pancreatic cancer.
- Eighth, insufficient intake of vegetables and fruits has something to do with colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and esophageal cancer.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!