Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dwijesh Kumar Saha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Dwijesh Kumar SahaYour feedback matters!
I am 45 year old unmarried male desperate to marry but can not marry due to circumstances like no job. I feel my body heated up my eyes burning, even feet burns, I get night falls in between for the last 10-15 years could be more. I am using Himalaya ophthacare eye drops which gives me little relief from burning eyes. I request you to let me know a homeopathic medicine for the issue I am facing. Regards, Monty.
Today I am going to talk about sports injuries, now many of the sports are coming up in India like cricket, football, marathons, gyming, badminton due to all of increase in this sports, injuries in related to this sports also increased. I am talking about few of the common injuries like Supraspinatus, it is a shoulder injury very common in badminton, bowling, cricket, another one epicondylitis that is also known as tennis elbow very common in tennis and cricket. Ankle sprain, very common injury in football also in marathons. Shin pain very much common in marathons, people who run in marathons get pain in their leg. Then knee injury, very common in football, cricket, marathons also. So what happens when this injury occurs, either sports person leave their sports or change their sports but believe me there is no need of leaving sports. One thing is sure that these injuries cannot be treated at home by any of the home remedie, nor rest only can treat this injuries. So visit a sports physiotherapist who will not only rehabilitate your current injury but also will prevent the further damage to that injury, one of the magical treatment for this sports injury that I am going to tell you that you should always do whenever there is any injury that is price P.R.I.C.E. P stands for Positioning, whenever there is any injury to any part first of all position it, stable it with any splint with any cast whatsoever is available, then R, R is for rest, keep that part in complete rest do not try to move that part and see whether the injury is at what extent, keep that to the professionals only. I is for Ice, immediately apply ice this ice prevent swelling of that area and reduces the injury by about 80%. C, C stands for compression apply a compressive bandage, crepe bandage over the injured area. Then E, E is for elevation, elevate the part above the heart so that swelling doesn't stay there the educate moves towards the heart. If you apply this P.R.I.C.E phenomenon in any of the injury, surely you will be back to your sports as soon as possible and trust your sports physiotherapist visit him as soon as possible, so that you can enjoy your sports, you can enjoy your prash. Regarding sports injury, I am treating many of the Olympians, many of the film stars, many celebrities and it's my promise that you won't have to leave sports neither you have to be on the rest for much of the time.
If you have any sports injury, visit to velocity fitness clinic its a velocity promise that you will gain your velocity as soon as possible.
Thanks, I am Dr Rajeev Mehta sports physiotherapist.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.