Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Diwajapada SahaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have been married for 4 months. These days my menstrual cycle is unscheduled. It gets delayed by 5-6 days every month. Also, I am getting heavy bleeding with pain in back & leg calves & a lot weakness which makes me unable to keep active and get up of bed. I have a problem of vertigo frequently, however I don't know if it's related to this anyhow. Please suggest if all this is normal or any home remedy can help or should I consult in personal. Thanks.
I am 20 years and had sex with my bf. He used condom but my period is missed 15 days and still no sign of pregnancy but worried. And how much more time can it take to start of periods and can I be pregnant also it has been 32 days since we had sex.
The question arises here is, what type of yoga should be practiced? Fertility yoga is becoming very popular due to its long-term benefits. Fertility yoga helps to nurture, support and strengthen the endocrine and the reproductive system. The endocrine system is essential for proper hormonal balance. Yoga helps in eliminating the blockages in the blood that flows to the uterus. This again helps in increasing the blood flow to the lower part of the body and supports the body in detoxifying. Some of the yoga poses boost the immune system and speed up the body’s healing mechanism to prepare it for conception. Yoga for fertility helps in eliminating the harmful side effects of fertility drugs as well. With a reduction in stress levels, the body’s ability to cope with the fertility treatments increases your chances of getting pregnant.
Fertility yoga is much like your daily yoga routine. There are many yoga centers that provide fertility yoga sessions. Specific poses are performed in that session for aiding a woman’s effort to get pregnant. Fertility Yoga can assist in boosting a woman’s biological clock and hormonal balance, including menstrual cycle regularity. With regular practice, fertility Yoga enables individuals to connect to their bodies and their partners in a better way. Fertility yoga comprises of a specific series of stretches that have positive effects on reproductive health. Include fertility yoga in your daily routine and lay down a great foundation for a healthy pregnancy.
Stir one-half teaspoon of baking soda into half a glass of water. Drink this solution to neutralize the acid in your stomach and give your relief from bloating.
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while.
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase for any woman, and should be enjoyed to the fullest. That being said, pregnant women need to take care of their health at all times, as a young life depends on them. Taking into account how paranoid a to-be mother can be, any form of bleeding during pregnancy can cause a lot of trepidation. However, a lot of this worry is not really required at all.
A lot of pregnant women bleed during the first trimester of their pregnancy. As a matter of fact, many who bleed do not know or realise just how common it really is, and as a result, they get quite a lot more worried than they should. In fact, it happens to about one in five women who are pregnant.
Why bleeding occurs?
- It is quite likely that if a miscarriage is to occur, it will occur during the first trimester, or the first twelve weeks. As a matter of fact, bleeding is most likely to occur between weeks five and eight. A woman would get to know that she is having a miscarriage if there is tissue which is being passed, and at the same time, she feels some very intense cramps in the lower part of the abdomen.
- Another reason why women bleed, which is also quite likely to occur during the first trimester, is due to the process of implantation. However, this sort of bleeding is not heavy by any measure. The ironic thing is that a lot of women discover that they are pregnant by this form of bleeding and it usually occurs within a week to about twelve days after the conception has taken place.
- One of the more baffling reasons for bleeding when a woman is pregnant is bleeding which occurs after sexual intercourse. While it may seem odd that something which is supposed to be pleasurable should actually end up causing blood loss, all this is a sign of is that the tissues around the vagina are receiving a great amount of blood supply. It is to be noted, that no risk is caused the foetus because of this as it is located in the uterus.
What to do if you bleed?
- No matter how light or heavy the bleeding, the midwife or the doctor must be kept up to date with the situation at hand. This is because if there is any corrective action which is to be taken, the delay in time is to be kept to a minimum.
- A cause for genuine concern over the period of the pregnancy is if there is bleeding post 20 weeks. In most circumstances, bleeding is not worth the mental trouble. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am hysterectomy women, having one overt, now I affected with hypothyroid and high cholesterol. How to take treatment, what are all test preferable.
My question is. He is suffering from sexually transmission disease from long time the doctor doesn't understand his problem. So what should he do?
My mother is having some problems in this cold weather especially in her heart as she does not feel comfortable during these winter days. Please suggest what might be the possible cure of it and what could be the possible problem to her.
Hi sir recently I was married so I want to do everything with my wife but upto one or one nd half years we don't want child so now what can we do for avoiding pregnancy upto one year .
My wife is pregnant with 8th month so I am having sex daily with her and she is feeling very much pain so does it effect to our baby We are thrice in morning and thrice in night.
I had miscarriage 3 months ago. Till now I hav not conceive yet. Doctors says I have left with one Fallopian tube due to past ectopic pregnancy in which one tube has been removed. In uterus sometimes free fluid are seen and Fishy smell in vagina is often found.
Sir I am married since 4 years and I have 1 child and I had physical relationship with married women without protection it had continued for 2 years even I had in relationship with wife now I am scared that can I get or infected by hiv please confirm I don't want to do blood test please confirm.
Lump discovered please help Hi, I have never had a lump in my breast before I'm 24 years old and I'm worried. The lump is on the same side as where I had an abscess removed recently. It's red and inflamed on the outside and tender to touch. Wondering what it could be, thanks .
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.