Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
My friend is having a lot of gaps between his teeth. I went through internet and found the gaps are due to smaller tooth underdeveloped. I have read that I might need to transplant a new tooth. Is there any other way to reduce the gaps please help.
I am not a smoker also I don't have any habit of" pan/faki" but my teeth is yellow and I want to make it white perfect. My teeth is not in proper alignment also, so What is the best solution for whiting the teeth?
I am 21 years old. I have throat irritation while eating food and I had ulcer problem before 2 month and now am not following any tablet for ulcer. So please provide me a solution.
Kindly suggest fixed orthodontic treatment of 14 year old male who is diagnosed with lower anterior crowding and deep bite. I am considering the case fit for proximal slicing followed by correction of imbricated lower anteriors with Ni-ti wire. Kindly guide which brackets should I choose and what thickness of the wire should be preferred. Or what should be the best treatment line without extraction.
My teeth are too sensitive. I am not able to eat a bit hot or cold also sweet items. Give me some suggestions.
Hi I am 30 year old male. Puss is coming out from my submandibular gland anf it is swollen and it is paining me very badly. As if now I am not in india and I dont remember my doctors name. I got treated in ruby hall clinic pune. Please suggest me what I must do now.
Dental sealants are barriers that can protect one's teeth from developing cavities. Made out of plastic material, there are usually applied to the molars and premolars at the back of the mouth.
How are dental sealants applied?
- The teeth on which the sealant is to be applied is cleaned properly and then dried. A solution containing acid is applied on the teeth to make the surface rough, as this helps the sealant bond well with the teeth.
- Then the teeth are rinsed, following which they are dried. Finally, the sealant is applied. At times, a special light is used to make the sealant dry easily.
Reasons to use dental sealants:
- The chewing surfaces of the teeth are aided by dental sealants. Sealants are thin coatings that are painted on those areas.
- One main reason for using sealants would be that even though brushing and flossing can remove the food particles stuck in the grooves of the teeth, at times some particles may be left behind. Sealants can prevent this.
- The sealant spreads over the enamel in the grooves of the teeth, acting as a shield. This prevents food particles from getting stuck in the pits and fissures of the teeth. When such food particles are stuck in the grooves of the teeth, cavities are likely to form. Applying sealants can prevent this.
- Children, who are at a greater risk of developing cavities, are often advised to use dental sealants to prevent their teeth from decay and damage.
- Adults whose teeth have suffered considerable decay may seek the help of sealants to protect them.
- Adults who have had fillings done in their teeth cavities may also apply sealants in order to prevent any further damage in the near or distant future.