Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Dhruba BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be well-reasoned. Yes she already have specs, but when she Woking on computer for long time she'll get eye pain... That's why i asked does that eye drop work or not??
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thanks For your advice, Today i visited a dermatologist - Ha gave Sebifin Plus, cetcip-l & Mesodew Soap
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Then suggest me what to do now to get rid of this situation please sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be knowledgeable. if he could recommend me any cream so itt would be more better for me
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. No sir mujhe fever nhi aa rha....or mera weight b 4 kg badha h. Thankyou very much sir
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are sensible. doctor i had periods on Nov 14th and it lasted for only 2 days heavy bleeding
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank a lot Lybrate & Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. I will consult a doctor as soon as possible
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful and caring. Feed back is useful. Thanks to all doctors
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. This is like as Oayasis in desert!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be saved my life. Thnx for giving me helpful advice
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank you doc... Thank u very much
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are caring. Sir kya ye fayedemnd h or iske kya reasons ho skte hai
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be practical. Thank you Very much for your help.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be caring. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thanks sir give me solution
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. It was grt tablet name is crya ryt
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank you so much :)
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank u so much
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank you doctor
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. VERY HELPFUL..THANKS DR. DHRUB
My right kidney is smaller (56 mm) in size than the left one by birth Is there any problem affecting health.
I’m a 21 years female having skin problem. I had itching in my pubic area. I got treated for it as fungal infection with candid cream. It lessen but it reappeared and again got treated. If I scratch the skin will open and dry, and peel if I scratch. Problems are continuing, the skin in pubic area please help.
My wife is a diabetic since last 10 yrs. And maintained 180 pp n 130bfp ,currently she having fever 100. 5f since last 5 days there is no dengue positive, or malaria, then what type of fever is this no pain in body or aches, headache etc.
IM suffering from dhobi itch the itching is spreading around my genital organs please help. My doctor said its fungal infection and gave an injection and a cream its name is cluster-GM (CLOBETASOL, NEOMYCIN,CLOTRIMAZOLE) cream from two months im not recovered. Itching is troubling me. Now im so feared about this since it is not going after two months. Can you please suggest some tablets. Im also following a good hygiene now .i got to this problem after my trip to madkeri tourist place in karnataka there is always a rainfall there. However I firmly believe in Lybrate now. Please suggest it will be greater help for me.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism - 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers.
I am 36 male -5.5 height- weight-78 kg. I am feeling shorten of breath type feeling or you can say restlessness whole day. I don’t have any problem in doing physical work but failed to understand this type of feeling. My bp level is high like 135-40 (systolic) & 85-95 (diastolic). Please suggest what to do?
It is not uncommon for us to feel sleepy at work every once in a while. You need to get an important assignment done, but all that you want to do is curl up and take a nap. We all have our days of drowsiness. But when it becomes a daily habit and begins to interfere with productivity, it is a cause for concern. Chronic fatigue and drowsiness can almost always be traced back to underlying medical conditions, such as low blood sugar levels or depression. There are many simple remedies for this issue that you can resort to if you wish to kick off your work days with a bang.
Here are a few tips for those days when you just can’t seem to make it through work:
- Meditate: A few minutes of meditation before work in the morning can effectively make you more alert and engaged for the rest of the day. The point of meditation is not only to bring calmness and relaxation into your life but also to make you more mindful and active. Be sure to be sitting upright and breathing properly while you meditate.
- Eat right: Having poor eating habits could be making you drowsy at work. It is important that you eat just the right quantity of food for every meal because overeating will surely make you sleepy and lethargic. Avoid oily and rich foods and eat just as much as you need.
- Sleep well: Your night time sleeping habits are probably at the root of your daytime drowsiness. Staying up late or not getting undisturbed sleep can leave you feeling agonizingly exhausted at work. It is of utmost importance that you get enough sleep every night.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is a natural stimulant and will surely leave you feeling fresh in the morning. Brush your teeth with peppermint toothpaste and sip on a cup of peppermint tea in the morning to knock the drowsiness right out of yourself.
- Move around: When you feel sleepy, your first impulse is to take a nap. But often the solution to that problem is to engage in physical activity. Pace around and do some stretching exercises in the morning to get your blood circulating and you will be amazed at how refreshed you feel.
Follow these simple methods and in no time, your productivity levels at work will shoot right up. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With changing life scenarios, parents do not have time to spend with their children. The grandparents often fill this gap now. They still have the time and patience to listen to what happened on a daily basis, and are not caught in the whirlwind of having a task list that never ends with the day.
In a way, grand children are very closely bound to their grandparents and are expected to take care of them, when required. In fact, stats show that about 80% of primary caregivers for people over age of 60 are grandchildren. Their average age is about 27(either gender). There are specific advantages of this care giving relationship for both the grandparent and the grandchild.
- There is no hurry: Most of us want a pair of ears to listen to what we have to say. Whether it is the exciting college trip you had or the office dinner you just returned from, we all want to share it. So, in this era where parents are not as available as they were earlier, grandparents fill the gap. They are not just eagerly waiting for you to return, but they seem to have the time to hear you out and feel happy (or sad) about it. This leaves one with a great feeling.
- Been there, done that: Though they have had a different lifestyle, they have “been there, done that,” perhaps in different ways. The definition of fun might have changed, but fun was always there. If you have the time, hear out their version of fun. You would be left thinking that you are not anywhere close to the fun they had.
- Life is the best teacher: The experiences they share will probably be some of life’s best lessons, which cannot be gathered by reading any number of books or TED talks.
- Safety: While there definitely are care giving or assisted living homes, having them at home and taking care of them provides the additional safety net. There are family people around, and if required, readily available.
- A helping hand: Caring for grandparents does not always relate to doing things for them, it is a mutual thing, and they feel equally good and happy that they are able to contribute in some small way in your daily life. You can always offer to help, but very often, their energy levels are quite high, unless they are ill, and they are so happy doing something for you.
- Strengthens the bond: Needless to say, spending time with a person makes the relationship strong and lasting. Grandparents assume a very special place, and caring for them leaves one with a very good and satisfied feeling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.