Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Debashis DasYour feedback matters!
I have problem with my both eye's upper lid, I found the small dot with water in it, it hurts a lot while eye blinking. Please provide me a solution for this.
There is constant water fall from my eyes. I washed it twice or thrice with water bt there is no positive result. So please help me?
From one week my right eye was reddish in some area and itching or coming water sometimes and now my left eye also starting same problem.
I am suffering from left side eyelid twitching problem from many days. What is the cause and treatment. Please suggest.
I have alot of unwanted facial hair under my eyes. How can I reduce hair growth there? Laser is very expensive for me. Kindly tell me some home remedies for thinning or reduction of unwanted facial hair. Secondly I have a very dull face. I want a glowing skin without any dark circles and flawless complexion. Kindly tell how can I achieve the same?
My eyes are week. I have power specs from last 2 year. But not improving. I have Left eye -2.0.right -1.5.nearsightedness. M I eligible for laser operation.
Mostly while I am doing some work in night time, then start the eye pain again, can you tell me some good eye drop for my eyes.
Sir I have very week eyes my eyes power are -8.5 diopter is there are any kind of eyes surgery Available so I can reduce my eye power and turn my weak vision to normal? If yes then how much it cost?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.