Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Debajyoti TapadarYour feedback matters!
10th of the June 2016, we have lost our baby at 21 weeks. Because liquor has raptured , after keeping my wife for three days in hospital, they advised to go for procedure. They gave injections to cause labour, my wife delivered a baby, sadly baby is no more now, doctors also done cleaning. But after 15 days we went to a different doctor for routine check and she advised to have tvs ultrasound, now doctor says part of the placenta left inside. So my question is how we can make that part out. My wife is diabetic, just had D&C 20 days back. As my wife is insulin dependent. We are in great need of your precious advise. Kindly tell us what to do?
My periods are somewhat irregular .I want to conceive now .is folic acid tablets will suppose my case to conceive me .n what things I should take care. please suggest me.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to check with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed. Mirena is also inserted if ultrasound and biopsy is normal to control bleeding.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Doctor before 7 years I had spinal cord injury at L2 ,L3 level. And I was at bed rest .now can I marry. Will I have infertility problem.
What is fetal ultrasound?
Fetal ultrasound is a test used during pregnancy. It creates an image of the baby in the mother's womb (uterus). It’s a safe way to check the health of an unborn baby. During a fetal ultrasound, the baby’s heart, head, and spine are evaluated, along with other parts of the baby. The test may be done either on the mother’s abdomen (transabdominal) or in the vagina (transvaginal).
There are several types of fetal ultrasound:
- Standard ultrasound. The test uses sound waves to create two-dimensional images on a computer screen.
- Doppler ultrasound. This test shows the movement of blood through the umbilical cord, in the baby’s heart, or between the baby and the placenta.
- 3-D ultrasound. This test shows a lifelike image of an unborn baby.
Ultrasound uses an electronic wand called a transducer to send and receive sound waves. No radiation is used during the procedure. The transducer is moved over the abdomen, and sound waves move through the skin, muscle, bone, and fluids at different speeds. The sound waves bounce off the baby like an echo and return to the transducer. The transducer converts the sound waves into an electronic image on a computer screen.
Why might I need fetal ultrasound?
Fetal ultrasound is a routine part of prenatal care in the U.S. This is because it’s a low risk procedure that gives important information. A routine prenatal ultrasound can check for defects or other problems in the fetus. The following can be examined:
- Abdomen and stomach
- Arms, legs, and other body parts
- Back of the neck
- Head and brain
- Heart chambers and valves
- Placenta placement
- Umbilical cord
- Urinary bladder
A fetal ultrasound can also show:
- If a woman is pregnant with multiple babies
- The gestational age of a baby
- Where to place the needle during removal of amniotic fluid (amniocentesis)
- Whether a feus is growing properly
Your healthcare provider may have other reasons to request a fetal ultrasound.
What are the risks of fetal ultrasound?
All procedures have some risks. The risks of this procedure include:
- Mild discomfort from the transducer on the abdomen or in the vagina
- Reaction to a latex covering for the transducer, if you have a latex allergy
In some cases, an ultrasound may appear to show a problem that is not there called false-positive. The test can also miss a problem that is there called false-negative. In some cases, additional testing may be needed after a fetal ultrasound.
Fetal ultrasound is sometimes offered in nonmedical settings. This is done as a way to give keepsake images or videos for parents. In these cases, it’s possible for untrained staff to misread the images and give parents incorrect information. Make sure to have fetal ultrasound done by trained medical staff. Talk with your healthcare provider if you have questions.
Your risks may vary depending on your general health and other factors. Ask your healthcare provider which risks apply most to you. Discuss any concerns you may have.
I am married we want more time while having intercourse but I am unable to do this suggest me some tablet to get some time while doing.
Today, I had sex with my boyfriend and while washing, I realized that my periods has started. So, should I take i-pill?
Scanty period lady will face any problem to conceive naturally. Conceiving process is same as normal regular cycle lady.
Could you tell me any tonic for improving her weight and height ,shall I give her enfagrow.Please tell.
Munch on with dry fruits to stay fit:
Dietician and nutritionists usually advise to #treat yourself with dry fruits to stay healthy. It is highly nutritious and healthy snack. Dried fruit has lot of micronutrients, fiber and antioxidants. One piece of dried fruit contains about the same amount of nutrients as the fresh fruit.
Our dietician ekta jain explains us the qualities of different dry fruits and how they affect our health:
1. Almond: It’s a healthy substitute for snacking option and can be enjoyed anytime considered very useful for both mental and physical development of body.
2. Cashews: Loaded with health benefits and are rich source of vitamin e and b6. Can be used to add texture and flavor to various dishes.
Hii doctor my sister in law is pregnant. Shez in five months. Suddenly shez suffering from stomach burning pain. please suggest anything quite urgent please respond.
Hello, overian cyst hai. Maine abhi test karaye hain. Toh meri Dr. ne mujhe kuch or test btaye hai. Amh, sugar,usg pelvic, tvs,ye sab maine kara liye. Ek test hai Hysteroscopy ye kaise or kab karana hota hai pls btaye?
Dr. Mujhe sex krte time vagina me bahut jalan hoti hai. Jalan jyada hone k karn sex b poora nhi kr paati. Aisa kyu ho rha hai.
If an couple had sex on 22 day of period of her cycle n she took ipill with in, 3 hours. Is there chance of pregnancy?
The health benefits of indian gooseberry, also known as amla, can be partially attributed to its high vitamin-c content. Amla enhances food absorption, balances stomach acid, fortifies the liver, nourishes the brain and mental functioning, supports the heart, strengthens the lungs, regulates elimination of free radicals, enhances fertility, helps the urinary system, increases skin health, promotes healthier hair, acts as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens eyes, improves muscle tone and, acts as an antioxidant.
Sir my friend is 18 years old she had a unsafe sex. And she had taken a ipill after sex. This is her first sex. Now she is feeling stomach pain. Is she in safe hands. Please let me now.
I had taken my HCG injection on 18th Oct 16, My last menstruation date was 2nd Oct 16. I usually have a cycle of 29-30 days. I am also having progesterone supplement. When should I be expecting my period. I am trying to conceive. 2 days back I had bad backache and abdominal pain but no sign of periods and the HPT is negative. Please suggest.
Every person with diabetes, should get their retina (the film at the back of the eye) checked once a year. This is irrespective of whether you think your diabetes is 'mild' or 'under control', as even newly diagnosed diabetics can have retinal changes (diabetic retinopathy). You will not notice any changes in your vision until the condition is advanced. If diagnosed early, this can be treated without significant damage to your vision. So, it is important to make an annual retinal check a routine part of your life if you have diabetes. Examination is done after putting in drops to dilate your pupils and is ideally accompanied by photographing the back of your eye to document any changes, so any progression can be monitored and treated early if required.