Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C H Mao
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. C H MaoYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I'm taking treatment for my teeth to arrange them in order since 2015 October in Tirupati. My doctor said it is about to finish but I'm thinking to take treatment in Hyderabad itself. Is it possible? Will anyone do treatment for my teeth for the rest of time? If yes, How much it will cost? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.
Respected sir/madam My father has been getting pain in one of his molar teeth two molar teeth has already been decayed. He can not sleep at night. There is sensitivity. Which medicine is to be used. What is the home remedy? Which paste and brush will he use? please sir /madam give as many suggestions as possible.
All of us love to flash a set of pearly whites with each smile. However, due to various reasons, we have teeth that are not-so-white. The bleaching agents come to the rescue as they can help whiten the teeth. In an overzealous manner, some people however, go overboard and over bleach their teeth. Bleaching agents should be used only with approval by a dentist and in a recommended manner, the frequency and the duration of application. Like anything else, they can also have harmful effects, which again can hurt the teeth, and if the whitening effect is lost, the person could be worse off than what they started with.
The following are common side effects seen with overuse of bleaching agents. Note that in most people, when used according to medical advice, these effects are very minimal.
- Tooth sensitivity: One of the most common side effects with teeth bleaching is the tingling feeling in the teeth. When done in office, it happens as the bleaching agent is reaching the tubules in the teeth. It could range from a one-off feeling to something that is constant and nagging. If being done in the office, you could indicate to the dentist so that subsequent sittings can be planned after the sensitivity settles down. The duration of each session may also have to be reduced.
- Gum irritation: The active bleaching agent is hydrogen peroxide which is caustic and can irritate the soft tissues. When done in office, the teeth are usually isolated using a rubber dam and so this problem is minimized. However, when trays are used at home, the gums do get exposed to the bleaching agent and so gum irritation is highly likely.
- Tooth pain and discomfort: This tooth pain usually sets in after a couple of hours after the bleaching is done. This happens again due to hydrogen peroxide penetrating the tooth, dehydration of the tooth, and using laser light for prolonged periods during the bleaching process. This usually subsides in a couple of days’ time and so need not be a cause for worry.
- Thermal sensitivity: A couple of days after the bleaching, the teeth may experience sensitivity to hot and cold foods, especially with beverages. This again is usually self-limiting and will disappear in a couple of days. Desensitizing toothpaste may be prescribed by the dentist in severe cases.
In all these cases, though bleaching is usually harmless, there are rare cases where side effects have been severe. Overenthusiasm to increase the whiteness is often the reason for these side effects. These can be avoided by opting for bleaching under strict supervision and following the dentist’s advise when being done at home. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Sir, I am 27 years old male. My problem is since childhood I have a dental problem. I have cavities on some teeth. When one teeth is completely destroyed then its occur in another teeth. I brush up my teeth twice daily. Doctors please kindly suggest me what I have to do to protect my good teeth from these problem & what I have to do to make stronger my teeth. Thanks in advance doctors & waiting yours valuable suggestion.
When I have to talk to anyone in the eye keeps an eye on the time I feel uncomfortable and I was lost my confidence and My jaw pain at the back. Si what is the solution?
Hi Sir, I have got mouth ulcer in my lips causing so much pain, Please suggest some medicine to cure.
I have few symptoms for couple of days. Swollen groin, gum bleeding. What should I do. Feeling pain.
How to keep your mouth clean and maintain good oral health?
Hello friends I am doctor Sahil Singh. I am a general dentist practicing in DLF Phase 4, Super Mart 1 Gurgaon. Today I will tell you how to keep your mouth clean or how to keep a good oral health. Well everything starts with a healthy lifestyle.
1. We can start with a healthy diet. A diet should contain each and every part which is necessary, be it carbohydrate, be it fat, be it protein and yes most important part is roughage or the fiber. Roughage includes your salads your fruits, roughage helps you clean your teeth and your intestine both. So it has a dual effect, your teeth will be clean your intestine will be clean and overall health will improve.
2. Cleaning of your teeth. Cleaning your teeth refers to brushing, rinsing, using a mouthwash, flossing. We will start with brushing; brushing maximum two times a day which you can do. But the whole day you are eating, drinking something, snacking or whatever. At that time what you can do? At that time it is very important to clean your mouth by rinsing vigorously. You can also use a clean finger to rub against your teeth and the gums, which will massage the gums also, improve the blood circulation of the gums and yes it will remove the plaque or the food debris also. Secondly use of mouthwash, mouthwash should be used after breakfast or after your first meal. It should not be used after just brushing.
Brushing has already cleaned your teeth, so why mouthwash again? But yes the function of mouthwash starts after your first meal or after your breakfast. After having your breakfast you clean your mouth with clean water vigorously then use a mouthwash. Swish it around in the mouth for a minute then spit it out. After spitting the mouthwash do not rinse with water again, or do not eat anything for at least half an hour to 45 minutes.
3. Flossing. Flossing seems to be a difficult part and there are so many myths about it that it hurts your gums or it can damage your gums, but if it is done properly or a dentist can tell you how to do it, it is of great help. Because brushing cannot easily or completely remove whatever is stuck between the teeth and with age the use of flossing is very much necessary. Flossing helps you clean the interdental or the space between the two teeth, the food debris which is stuck between the two teeth can be easily removed with the help of flossing. So it keeps your mouth healthy, improves your gums health. Secondly nowadays apart from the thread or the nylon floss we have water flosses. Water flosses are for those people who don’t want to put more stress with their hands so they can use a water floss, it has a very strong jet of water which comes through a flosser and it will clean your mouth properly.
4. Professional Cleaner. This is something a dentist can only do. You should visit your dentist so that even if there is a problem we can detect it early or even if cleaning is required, at times because of the crowding or maligning teeth there are deposits which are initially food deposits then it becomes calculus which is hard deposit and only a dentist can clean . So cleaning is a very important aspect for maintaining a good oral hygiene. If not cleaning and if there is food debris in mouth it will start with so many diseases. Firstly the gum disease, you can have weak gums, you can have bleeding gums. Secondly you can have cavities; Thirdly you can have a bad odour or a bad breath which we call as halitosis.
So the start of any problem is the food debris which is present in the mouth which you have not cleaned or which you didn't get cleaned with a dentist. Friends if you need any other help consultation or treatment you can reach me at Lybrate.com.