Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bidyut Kumar BasuYour feedback matters!
She has a low sensation for having a sex. I want to increase her drive for sex. How could I do that. Please suggest me some pills which can effect fastly by just one dose. Some pill which can increase her drive for sex. Her will for sex. And which is easily available on chemist shops. please help me.
Male menopause also called ‘andropause’ is characterized by changes in the male hormone 'testosterone’ due to age. Other names that are used to describe similar symptoms are ‘androgen deficiency’, ‘testosterone deficiency’ and ‘late-onset of hypogonadism’.
What Is Male Menopause?
Because men do not go through a well-defined period referred to as menopause, some doctors refer to this problem as androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male -- or what some people call low testosterone. Men do experience a decline in the production of the male hormone testosterone with aging, but this also occurs with conditions such as diabetes (read more about diabetes problem). Testosterone is a hormone which is produced in the testes and it plays an important role in a man’s body; from regulating sex drive, increasing energy levels in the body, maintaining muscle mass to bringing about changes during puberty. Male menopause differs from female menopause in a few aspects and not all men are affected by it. However, this condition doesn’t cause impotence.
Along with the decline in testosterone, some men experience symptoms that include:
- Sexual problems
The symptoms of male menopause are low energy levels, fatigue, depression and an inability to focus on anything. You will lose muscle tone coupled with an increase in body fat; the muscles in the body also tend to become weak. Some other symptoms are decreased bone density and breast development.
There are no specific causes as such, but aging is known to play a major role in male menopause. Certain lifestyle factors such as depression, stress and anxiety can cause some symptoms of male menopause to show up such as erectile dysfunction. Not eating a balanced diet and not following a proper exercise regimen and drinking or smoking excessively can trigger symptoms of male menopause.
Once the diagnosis is done, the doctor will chart out a treatment course. The common treatment for male menopause is to make certain changes in your lifestyle – eating a well-balanced diet, getting optimal sleep and exercising regularly. Making these types of changes has been proven to dramatically improve the health of men affected by male menopause.
Another option is hormone replacement therapy, wherein synthetic or artificial testosterone is administered to the body. It is similar to performance e nhancers in terms of its side effects. So it is advised to consult your doctor and take a well-founded decision on whether to go ahead with the hormone replacement therapy.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause:
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.
Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Kapikachhu, Shilajit, Gokshura, Musli, Amalaki, Punarnava, Chandraprabha vati, etc. are very beneficial.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
My aunt is 5 months pregnant. Her placenta is very low. Please tell what could be the adverse effects of it and what precautions should be taken?
I am doing sex with my wife for 8 month still she is not pregnant she is having pain in vagina completely dry sometime sometime o dnt have feeling of pleasure or discharge what should I do why she is not pregnant.
Continuous Vomiting sensation due to trimester pregnancy. Unable to eat but feeling hungry.Please tell sir .
I am 33 years old, I had sex after 2 days of my periods end. My periods are regular with 27 days cycle and 3 days blood flow. But this month its 6 days over my expected date and m felling that periods may start with some pain in stomach. M I pregnant. I have no other symptom. Or its just a late period.
I am 3 months old bride enjoying sexual relation very actively . My problem after being so active in sex m not conceiving also I took 3 ipill In 3 months . Please tell me what's the issue . Why m not conceiving.
I am having pcos since 9 years of my first birth I am going through this as 3 years back I had taken laparoscopic treatment by dosent work, I am no also I am taki unani treatment but not working periods are coming one month late as egg rapture is taking much time could you give me some treatment so that I can do it by sitting in home without going out for consulting a doctor as they let me to visit them many times. My husband's report are normal and my reports too but only leaving the minor pcospls help me so that I can start my treatment by siting in home through clomiphene treatment.
I am sixteen weeks pregnant. I have so much vomit problem so dat I can not drink milk. Suggest me what can I do for my baby's growth. My weight also less during pregnancy.
Sex ke dauran sperm vergina se bahr aa jata hai. Iski vajah se pregnancy nii ho pa rhi hai. Iska kya reason hai. please Hindi me bataiye.
Hey is there any chances of getting fat after abortion from clear kit. And it's cause any harm in future?
I am almost two months pregnant can I take the unwanted kit to terminate the pregnancy? And please tell me what are the side effects?
I am 35 year old. I had MTP due to fetal abnormally on 19.09. 2015. I had cycle on 19.10. 15. & after 2 month I have 2nd cycle on 17.12. 15 which is continue till now. What will I do? Please suggest.
A tumor is occupied in her left breast. Is surgery needed or there is some another option to do the cure? Please guide me.
1. Reduce your cancer risk
A compound found in raw carrots reduced the risk of cancer developing in rats, according to a study published in the journal of agricultural and food chemistry. Rats that ate carrots, or feed with added falcarinol (a substance in carrots that gives the vegetable protection against fungal diseases) were one third less likely to develop full-scale tumours than rats not fed carrots or feed with falcarinol.
2. Get your folate
Add a couple of medium sliced parsnips to your veggie roasting tray and you’ll get more than 20 percent of your daily folate. This b vitamin is essential if you are trying to conceive, are pregnant or are breastfeeding, as it helps prevent neural tube defects.
3. Absorb more iron
Toss a cup (250 ml) of diced white ‘turnip into the pot the next time you make a stew or curry. It has about one third of your daily needs of vitamin c, ‘a powerful antioxidant that helps with the absorption of iron and also assists the body in making collagen for bones and cartilage.
4. Increase your exercise stamina
Drinking beet juice could help you exercise longer, according to a study published in the journal of applied physiology in 2009. After drinking two cups (500 ml) of the juice daily for six days, eight male participants were able to cycle up to 16 percent longer than when they drank a placebo. The study shows how the nitrate contained in beet juice leads to an improved use of oxygen. In another study, drinking the same amount of beet juice daily was found to significantly reduce blood pressure.
5. Boost your beta
Putting carrots into your favourite winter soup or chicken pot pie lets you take full advantage of an excellent source of beta-carotene. The body converts this antioxidant into vitamin a, which is important for vision and bone growth. It also helps to regulate the body’s immune system.