Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bela RaksitYour feedback matters!
Urinary tract infection is a type of infection that occurs in the urinary tract of the body. This disorder tends to occur more in women than men as the length of the urethra is shorter in women, thus increasing chances of this infection. The most common cause of urinary tract infections is the E. Coli bacteria, especially in the lower part of the urinary tract consisting of the urethra and the bladder.
Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach to urinary tract infections, the remedies aim to treat the underlying causes of the infection. The treatments are free from any side effect and have a beneficial impact on your overall wellbeing. Before prescribing a remedy, the practitioner diagnoses by asking about your medical history, work habits and your mental health. Based on a thorough diagnosis, remedies will be prescribed.
Some of these homeopathic remedies to treat UTIs include:
- Apis: Apis is recommended if you have symptoms such as experiencing a burning feeling after urination and less urine. You may have swelling around the eyes and also may not experience much thirst. The condition tends to worsen in hot weather conditions.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience constant urges to urinate; however, the amount of urine may be very low. Apart from this, you might also experience intense pain while urinating along with traces of blood in the urine. Back pain is another complication that occurs along with the above mentioned symptoms.
- Sarsaparilla: This remedy is recommended when you experience pain in the lower abdomen and the back. Your urine may also contain blood and sediments.
- Benzoic acid: In case your urine has a strong odor, benzoic acid may be the recommended remedy. It is also used to treat pain in the urethra which flares up when you are not urinating.
- Staphysagria: This remedy is used when UTIs develop as a result of any sexual activity. You may experience a constant urge to urinate and feel pressure in the bladder. Prostatic enlargements which cause infections in the urinary tract can also be treated using this remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Sir last three months before I got married, after that one time my wife get period, after that more than 60 days she is not get period so that we try to take pregnancy test but result comes negative, so any chance to get pregnant?
You don't have to have sex to get an STD. Skin-to-skin contact is enough to spread HPV, the virus family that causes genital warts. Some types cause warts and are usually harmless, but others may lead to cervical or anal cancer. Vaccines can protect against some of the most dangerous types.
Signs: Pink or flesh-colored warts that are raised, flat, or shaped like cauliflower. Often there are no symptoms.
2) Crabs (Pubic Lice)
Crabs" is the common term for lice that set up shop in pubic hair. The term comes from the shape of the tiny parasites, which look very different from head or body lice. The creatures crawl from one person to another during close contact. Pubic lice can be killed with over-the-counter lotions.
Symptoms: Intense itching, tiny eggs attached to pubic hair, or crawling lice.
Scabies is an itchy infestation caused by a tiny mite that burrows into human skin to lay eggs. It is not always an STD, as it can spread through any skin-to-skin contact. But among young adults, the mites are often acquired during sex. Scabies is treated with prescription creams.
Symptoms: Intense itching especially at night and a pimple-like rash. It may take 2-6 weeks for symptoms to appear.
Gonorrhoea spreads easily and can lead to infertility in both men and women, if untreated. Antibiotics stop the infection.
Symptoms: Common symptoms are burning during urination and discharge, but often there are no early symptoms. Later, the infection may cause skin rashes or spread to the joints and blood.
In Men: Discharge from the penis, swollen testicles.
In Women: Vaginal discharge, pelvic pain, spotting. Symptoms may be mild and are easily confused with a urinary tract or vaginal infection.
Most people don't notice the early symptoms of syphilis. Without treatment, it can lead to paralysis, blindness, and death. Syphilis can be cured with antibiotics.
Signs and Symptoms: The first sign is usually a firm, round, painless sore on the genitals or anus. The disease spreads through direct contact with this sore. Later there may be a rash on the soles, palms, or other parts of the body (seen here), as well as swollen glands, fever, hair loss, or fatigue. In the late stage, symptoms come from damage to organs such as the heart, brain, liver, nerves, and eyes.
Chlamydia is a common STD that can lead to infertility if left untreated. It clears up quickly with antibiotics. But it often goes unnoticed because symptoms are vague or absent. Chlamydia can also infect the rectum and throat.
Symptoms in Men: Burning and itching at the tip of the penis, discharge, painful urination.
Symptoms in Women: Vaginal itching, discharge that may have an odor, pain during sex, painful urination.
7) Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
That painful cold sore you get on your lip every now and then? It's probably caused by a type of herpes virus called HSV-1. This virus is usually not an STD; it spreads easily among household members or through kissing. But it can be spread to the genitals through oral or genital contact with an infected person. Though there is no cure, drugs can shorten or prevent outbreaks.
Signs and Symptoms: Occasional cold sores or "fever blisters" on the lips. Small blister or sores on the genitals are also possible.
8) Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
Most cases of genital herpes are caused by a virus called HSV-2. It's highly contagious and can spread through intercourse or direct contact with a herpes sore. As with HSV-1, there is no cure. But antiviral drugs can make outbreaks less frequent and help clear up symptoms more quickly.
Symptoms: Fluid-filled blisters that form painful, crusted sores on the genitals, anus, thighs, or buttocks. Can spread to the lips through oral contact.
9) Hepatitis B
Hepatitis B is a stealthy virus that can cause severe liver damage. It spreads through contact with blood and other body fluids. People can be infected through sex, needle sharing, and at birth, as well as by sharing razors and toothbrushes. There is no cure, but drugs can keep the virus in check. There's also an effective vaccine to prevent hepatitis B.
Symptoms: People may develop nausea, belly pain, dark urine, fatigue, and a yellowing of the skin or eyes with acute infection. Chronic infection can lead to liver cirrhosis and liver cancer. Many people have no symptoms for years.
10) HIV/ AIDS
The HIV virus weakens the body's defense against infections. HIV spreads through unprotected sex, needle sharing, or being born to an infected mother. It may cause no symptoms for years, so a blood test is the best way to learn your status. Timely treatment is important to help prevent serious illnesses.
Early symptoms of HIV Infection: Many have no symptoms, but some people get temporary flu-like symptoms one to two months after infection: swollen glands (seen here), a fever, headaches, and fatigue. Canker sores in the mouth can occur, too.
Trichomoniasis is caused by a parasite that spreads during sexual contact. It can be cured with prescription drugs.
Signs and Symptoms in Men: Most men have no obvious symptoms. Some develop a mild discharge or slight burning during urination.
Signs and Symptoms in Women: Women may develop a yellow-green discharge with a strong odor, vaginal itching, or pain during sex or urination. Symptoms usually begin five to 28 days after acquiring the parasite.
Chanchroid is a bacterial STD that is common in Africa and Asia but rare in the U.S. It causes genital sores that can spread the bacteria from one person to another. Antibiotics can cure the infection.
Symptoms in Men: Painful bumps on the penis that may develop into pus-filled open sores, pain in the genitals and groin.
Symptoms in Women: Painful bumps in the genital area that can develop into open sores, swollen lymph nodes in the groin.
Along with the period bleeding I also get this clear watery like discharge. Both the discharge n period blood comes together sometimes. It's not smelling or doesn't cause any irritation. But is it normal?
The Benefits of Papaya
1. Digestion - the enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins. Therefore, a glass of papaya juice is often recommended as a home remedy for digestion-related problems or constipation.
2. Anti-inflammatory - apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns.
3. Heart disease and cancer - papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer.
4. Diabetes - many researchers have found that the consumption of raw papaya could help maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content, thereby keeping a check on diabetes. According to a study done by the centre of excellence for biomedical and biomaterials research at the mauritius university, green tea and fermented papaya work together as preventive means for diabetes. In some parts of india, especially the north east, papaya flowers are locally used as a preventive measure against diabetes. The bitter flowers are lightly sautéed in a little oil and consumed as a side to rice on a regular basis.
5. Immunity - papaya is a great source of vitamin a, b, c, and k and is known as an excellent immunity booster. It is great for the growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. It helps in maintaining collagen, the structural protein of connective tissues. It is said that a medium-sized papaya could provide you double your daily requirement of vitamins.
6. Cleansing - beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities.
7. Arthritis - it is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and copper. Regular consumption helps in building up the calcium bank in the body and in the long run could help keep a check on arthritis.
8. Dengue - papaya leaves are commonly used in the treatment of dengue to help boost up the count of platelets. Dr. Anju sood, a bangaluru-based nutritionist says, “dengue is an infection which affects the blood platelets massively. A simple remedy to get back the platelets count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice. It is prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.” however, dengue can prove to be fatal once it develops into dengue hemorrhagic fever which shuts down the circulatory system.
9. Weight loss - papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast. A serving of 140 grams of the fruit contains only 60 calories, with total fat 0.4 gram, no cholesterol, 15.7 gram carbohydrates and 2.5 gram dietary fiber.
We had intercourse 3 times in 10 days during our perspective fertile periods to conceive. Now its 22nd day of periodic cycle today she felt acidity kind of n fever too and feeling of nausea vomiting wd pain in lower body including stomach n legs all. Acidity is also a common for my wife almost daily she takes digene syrup every alternate night. I want to know if it is a sign of conceiving or not. please guide If not den what are the symbols so dat I can check fr any present symptoms.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a numerous of times after my last period, I have a missed period by a week now. Taken a few pregnancy tests and they say negative? I have a few pains as if my period has started or that I'm on but I'm not? Could I be pregnant even though the tests say negative now? Don't understand? Help please.
I am 17 days pregnant and as per my doctor's prescription I am taking ausum and dubagest tablets 1 in a day. I am getting sudden headache. Please suggest me what to do. Also if you can guide me about my diet chart.
I am 23yrs old female, and I am suffering from irregular period's problem from 1 -2 yrs, whenever I miss my periods I consult to doctor, doctor take ultrasound, and other blood tests all my reports shows normal and tell me that it is due to hormonal imbalances and give medicine (registered) after taking this medicine I put on lots of my weight, so now I'm started taking ayurvedic medicine. So, I am little bit afraid of it because doctor also told me that I can have a problem of conceiving baby after marriage. So please help me know why I am suffering from this problem again and again what can be the reason in your point of view, and also suggest me while taking ayurvedic medicine is good for such problems or not.
Doctor, I'm 17 years old. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I want to terminate my pregnancy. So I took 1 mifepristone of 200 mg on 16th July at 7: 45 pm. I started to bleed on 17th July at 7: 30 pm. On 17th July at 8: 50 pm I took 4 misoprostol of 200 mcg each. I took it by placing in my cheeks for 30 min. Then after 20-25 min I vomited. I even got fever on the same day. At midnight I got a little Big clot which was usually bigger than the normal small clots. So now I'm bleeding but not that heavy. I want to know whether my pregnancy has terminated or not? After 2 weeks can I have a pregnancy test? Or is it necessary to have a ultrasound done? Please help Doctor,
Homeopathy is a slow form of treatment, but is has negligible side effects. This makes it safer to self medicate with light doses of homeopathy than an antibiotic. Homeopathy can be used for first aid, to fight common infections and as general constitutional remedies.
Here are a few common homeopathic medicines you should keep at home.
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica can be safely used to treat gastrointestinal diseases, a loss of appetite, depression and migranes. The ideal dosage for nux vomica depends on the age of the patient, their overall health and several other conditions. Nux vomica can also be used to cure a hangover.
- Aconite: When taken at the onset of a cold, aconite can stop the virus from progressing further. Aconite can also be used for joint pain, gout, inflammations and to speed up the healing of wounds. Apart from the pill form, aconite can also be used as a cream.
- Arnica: If you have kids at home, arnica is a must have. It is the most common homeopathic remedy for bruising, accidents, injuries and shocks. It can also be used to treat arthritis and the pain that follows dental work and jet lag. Arnica can also be used to promote hair growth. Depending on its use, arnica can be used in the form of pills, cream or oils.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is an ointment that should be kept in every kitchen. It is the most effective anti inflammatory cream to treat burns of any kind. When a burn is treated with cantharis, it leaves minimal scars. It can also be used to treat urinary tract infections. Cantharis is usually used as a cream.
- Magnesia phosphoric: This is a must have for women. It can be used to treat any form of cramps including menstrual cramps. It can also be used to treat tiredness, headaches, nerve pain, insomnia and to help a person relax. Magnesia phosphoric is usually prescribed in the form of homeopathic pills.
- Rhus tox: Rhus tox is a common homeopathic remedy for muscle sprains and bruising. It is also beneficial for people suffering from back aches, arthritis, sciatica and body aches associated with the flu. Rhus tox is usually found in the form of homeopathic pills.
One should not do any type of self medication, however, you should check with your homeopathic practitioner about the dosage and frequency of consumption. Do not take it for granted that homeopathy has no side effects and take a more intense dose than required. Also store these medicines properly. Ideally, homeopathic medicine should be stored in a cool place without direct exposure to sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.