Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have problem in my teeth. Sometimes I am getting pain while eating. My two tooth are brock by wall. But I am getting any pain of that. If there is any problems occur in future.
I am having a small sore at the gum for months. It is not paining. Sometimes I could see little bloody. So times I could see puss. What it might be?
My friend use tobacco mixed with lime, using it as a patch inside his mouth between his teeth and gum. I want to explain him the danger from a doctors perspective. Please give me some points. Thanks.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
I have gap between teeth. What should I do to remove it. I don't want to go for braces. That looks ugly.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.
My gums bleeding while brushing. I think I am suffering from gingivitis problem. Can you suggest any creams or any home remedies.
I am 32 yers old. Suffering from lichen pales in mouth gums, lips, what can I do? please tel me treatment.
I am having problem in my upper mucus and I am not even able to open my mouth and talk with people. What is the remedy for this? Please find out a solution for this ?
Why a dental visit before your wedding day is essential
It's your wedding clothes trial and after multiple designers visits, a blur of fabrics and embroideries, finally you face the mirror looking like a charming prince! you can't get your eyes off yourself the smart, handsome, be jeweled and crowned silhouette you get closer to your reflection and you smile to yourself.
To your utter dismay-staring back at you is a gaping black hole in your yellow looking teeth- a stark contrast against your beautiful pearl white sherwani!
Among things that you don't know or care about in this wedding planning charade, one thing you do know for sure is that while the bride will outshine you, the pictures will last forever, and a yellow smile with a black blemish on a white sherwani is not the kind of shame you're willing to live through!
So if you're a groom-to-be your trial date shouldn't be the day you realize your smile must live up to the bright and momentous occasion that you're preparing for!
While the metrosexual man of today has even his pre-wedding skin treatments lined up, for the more macho or masculine ones at least getting their smile right can make a huge difference!
So here's a quick checklist to know if you qualify for dental treatment and if you should visit before your wedding day
Are you happy with your smile?
Are your teeth crowded?
Are your teeth yellow or dull?
Can you see any brown or black stains on your teeth?
A dental visit according to popular misconception is no unpleasant ordeal!
With the latest technology drill free cavities, bladeless surgeries, and painless extractions have become a reality.
So whatever be your woe, a variety of treatment solutions can be planned and customised to transforming your smile if you're well in time.
Having a dental partner through it all works best for most people and who better than your future life partner to get you through an intimate experience like your appointment.
Top 3 reasons for a couple's pre-wedding dental appointment
You want a million dollar smile on your big day
Long pending issues that rather be dealt with while you're working on looking your best -both within and without Avoiding unhappy toothaches during your happiest times be it wedding or honeymoon
Did your dentist tell you stronger teeth make for hotter men!
Stay happy and flash that smile with confidence after your dental appointment.
Do let me know what you think!