Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
3 or more cups per day of coffee intake is associated with lower insulin resistance and risk of diabetes
Hi, my cousin got married at last year, almost one over but not yet confirmed pregnancy. What is problem can you help.
I am 26 years old female I am pregnant with 2 month I do not want right now any kids how to abort this child?
Maine apni gf k sath sex kiya periods finish hone k 2 din baad January mei or 17 ko February mei date aani thi chaiye thi q ki January mei bhi 17 ko aai thi but ab tk date nhi aai to kya she is pregnant please tell me.
I have periods after sex. And have pregnancy test at home with negative report before periods. Is dere any fear of being pregnant. Please tell?
I am 30 years old. My problem is since from 4 year s my menstrual cycle is not normal and married for 7 years n I don't have kids. Anxious to become mother. My gynecologist did all tests like pelvic scan, hsg, hormonal test. All r normal. If I take tablets my periods happens if not sometimes my periods won't happens for 2 to 3 months. I was on siphene 50 mg and medroxyprogestrone. Please help. Thanks.
Suggest feasible contraception methods other than condoms. And the details. I know about the monthly pills. What are their market names and how do they work? Thank-you.
Irregular periods in 3 years and I have thyroid problem also so take thyronorm 25mcr tablets but no use please give me any suggestions for me I try all pills and corcese also but no use.
I am nw 4 th mnth pregnant, Hw to stay fit during pregnancy, Hw much tym I hav to walk to avoid over weight during pregnancy.
I am 16 weeks pregnant bt sumtym I dnt feel nothing. Even sumtym I feel my stomach bulging nd the nxt moment it goes bck to normal shape. Is everything ok wid my pregnancy nd is my baby growing well inside.
Hi. My left breast has been feeling heavy and tight for 2 days now, and it has also been paining me. What should I do? My periods are weeks away as well.
I am 25 years old and my period is delayed by 10 days last period was also lighter than normal although I am not having any kind of discomfort like nausea and all what should I do?
MY T3 IS 1.87 , T4 IS 15.5, TSH IS 1.99 AND PROLACTIN IS 44.17. I am a PCOD patient is dere any problem with these results. Please suggest me doctors
I am 29 year old having sex regularly with my girlfriend and we don't use condom. 5 month back when I used to ejaculate, my penis throw or you can say the sprays a good amount of sperms on her face from her vaginal side but now when I ejaculate I simply discharge below her belly but the quantity of sperms is same. My girlfriend also do not enjoy this and always ask me to squirt like before. Is there any problem with my penis?
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?