Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Barendra ClinicYour feedback matters!
I had a problem I got lot of sweat on my hand while doing any work or any thing. Its to much of sweating can you please say me how to get rid of it.
Dear Sir, I am trying to be father from last 4 months but could not get success, as I am working in chemical industry, so it may affect the sperm quality ,please suggest what to do?
I m 20 years old. After coming from my work I always sever to headache. I take medicines but they did not worked. Pleas help me.
I have ulcers over both feet specially lateral malleolus which is not getting healed since 5 months seems like varicose ulcer but I don't have other associated complaints like dilated vein doppler study done everything normal wat it can b. First pigmentation occurs n den it convert into ulcer burning is dere n long standing position aggravates trouble thyroid sugar all normal just have.
My father is 60 +.nd he is diagnosed low blood count. 6.3.suffering from piles also. Nd he is not eating anything. Feeling restless.
I'm suffering from breathing problems since last year. Please tell me the exact reason. Which medicine or precautions should be taken specially ?
Can I know that what is sugar blood pressure and heart attack I can understand this matters please help.
Hello sir/madam, My friend batul is having problem in her throat. She consulted one doctor and due tonhigh dosage she is now not able to even drink a glass of water and her stomach is also paining. I think she is having sore throat and throat is paining too much. She have not properly slept since 1 week due to this problem. Pls advice what to do and which medicines would be better.
I am feeling some time tired and I never sleep freely. Any time I fell tired. I am feeling stress. Please suggest me the right way for my problem.
I have had a seizure attack on 2nd December. And I don't know the reason behind it though but I don't want to get a seizure attack again.
1. They are an excellent source of folate. Strawberries are an amazing source of folate (the folic acid found in food). Inadequate amounts of folate in the aging population can contribute to atherosclerosis, vascular disease and even a decline in cognitive function. Medications used for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis can actually deplete folic acid in the body, so stock up on strawberries to replenish!
2. They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Strawberries are being studied for their unique ability to suppress the inflammatory responses of the body and reduce our risk of hypertension by lowering ldl cholesterol. A 2013 study published in circulation found women who ate three or more servings of strawberries and blueberries in a week reduced their risk of heart attack by 32 percent.
3. There's more than enough vitamin c. Strawberries contain more than 100 percent of our daily recommended intake of vitamin c in just one cup. Recent studies show that when vitamin c is consumed during times of stress, it actually has the ability to decrease our blood pressure to a normal level, preventing the development of hypertension especially in kids.
4. They are a great source of fibre. Strawberries are high in fibre, which is important for moving food through your digestive system and helping bowel movements. This can help improve digestion, especially for those with constipation or irregular stools.
5. They are high in antioxidants. Strawberries contain anthocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment, especially the sun. The antioxidant power of the anthocyanins found in strawberries lasts up to 24 hours after consumption; this makes them a great defence against free radical damage.
I am 53 years old and having diabetes since I was 30 years old. I met a small accident and its wound is little deep. There was heavy pain for 2 days then I didn't have any severe pain. Is dis healthy sign or pessimistic sign bcoz of diabetes?
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.