Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. K. Goswami
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. K. GoswamiYour feedback matters!
Morning sickness is one of the unpleasant experiences during pregnancy. Some women dread at the thought of it. It is more common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, especially with the first child. Allopathy attributes this to hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, dehydration, etc. Homeopathy believes that this morning sickness happens with the physical, emotional, and biological adjustments that the mother has to make with the new baby growing within her. As with all conditions, homeopathy believes in not just giving a medication to cure the nausea but to identify the associated symptoms and manage the woman as a whole entity.
Some of the popular homeopathic options available are listed below:
- Colchicum: The mere thought of food intensifies the nausea, especially fish and eggs. Any movement increases the nausea. There is an urge to consume carbonated drinks. The woman chooses to sleep with her knees drawn close to the chest.
- Sepia: The smell and thought of food worsens the nausea sensation. There is a craving for vinegar, sweets, and pickles. There is a feeling of heaviness in the pelvis. This exhaustion leaves you with a feeling of indifference to close family and friends. Exercise can improve the feeling.
- Pulsatilla: Staying in a closed, stuffy room make the nausea worse. Being out in the open air makes it better. Walking makes it better. The craving for sweet and fatty foods is high, but that worsens the nausea. Water consumption is reduced. Mood is unpredictable, wanting comfort and reassurance.
- Nux Vomica: The woman wakes up from bed with a nausea, but not able to vomit out. The woman is hyperstimulated and feels very anxious and stressed. Light and sound can also add to the irritation. There is a strong insomnia component to this woman.
- Cocculus indicus: Loss of appetite, with even the thought or smell or sight of food making you nauseous. There is a highly tired and fatigued feeling. The person can feel chills, vertigo, and loss of sleep. The symptoms are usually worse in the afternoon.
- Ipecacuanha: The nausea is severe and constant, but is not relieved with vomiting. There is profuse salivation and constant spitting.
- Tabacum: The nausea in this woman is persistent, is worse when in a warm room, and induced by even the slightest smell of tobacco. The nauseas feels better when there is fresh air movement, might ask for the car windows to be open. There is also an urge to leave the abdomen uncovered.
In addition to these, some tips to avoid morning sickness include eating a dry cracker before getting out of bed, avoiding fatty foods for dinner, drinking plenty of water, and including a lot of ginger in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Two weeks ago me and my girlfriend were having foreplay. After that I went on rubbing my dick around her vagina without any protection. But she was ovulating on that day. Neither did I put my dick inside her vagina, nor I cummed on her vagina. Is it possible to get pregnant by that way? Because she is one week delayed to her periods. We are really scared, please help us.
Why You Should Walk, Not Run, Your Way To Fat Loss
1. When you do any intense cardiovascular exercise like running, you burn calories from both muscle and fat. The body cannot pick which calories to burn, and thus by running you actually decrease your muscle mass which eventually makes you more metabolically inefficient.
2. The production of a stress hormone called cortisol increases after doing too much cardiovascular exercise, which leads to bigger food cravings since your body wants to compensate for all those burned calories. So you end up consuming more calories than you have previously burned.
**Too much cardio exercising makes you leptin-resistant, which has the same hormonal effect as sleep deprivation. This prevents your body from telling you when it?s full. You get very hungry quickly and due to the high amounts of cortisol you eventually develop insulin resistance and back to gaining weight.
**Cardiovascular exercises can have a negative impact on thyroid function. The thyroid produces a hormone called T4, and in order to have a properly functioning metabolism, it is then is converted to T3. But, the thyroid is unable to produce T4 if you are creating too much cortisol in your body. You end up with a dysfunctional metabolism, loss of energy and inability to burn fat.
3. Running is considered high impact and the further you run, the more impact. If you are overweight this can cause havoc on your joints and knees.
Summary: Running can cause hormonal imbalances, reduction of muscle mass, less efficient metabolism, which can lead to more weight, and if you are overweight, it can have a negative impact on your knees.
Walking on the other hand can be much more balanced and a healthier alternative, even though the amount of calorie burning effects are not as high as running. You decrease the amounts of cortisol with walking, which is much better in the long-term. Walking makes you more sensitive to insulin, enabling better calorie burn from other exercises and it doesn?t create unmanageable hunger and cravings. It also produces dopamine and serotonin at reasonably high levels which make you feel happier and motivated in your overall health and wellness.
So, start walking as much as possible! At least three days a week take 30 minutes to walk, and increase this gradually. Choose walking instead of running, especially if you are over 40 and not accustomed to an exercise regimen. If you want a tone and firm body, do some weekly resistance training exercises for 20 or 30 minutes. Combine these tips with a great diet and you won?t have to run ever again.
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok