Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. K. GoswamiYour feedback matters!
More the stamina more will be the energy to perform all daily activities.
1. Eat Healthy
Food affects your body to a great extent. To increase your stamina you need to switch to a balanced diet. A well-balanced, low-fat diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables and lean meats keeps the body healthy and increases both physical and mental stamina. Try to eat frequently in small servings to keep your body steadily supplied with energy.
Exercise is one of the most effective solutions to increasing stamina. It may tire you in the beginning; however, it will increase the stamina and provide strength on the long run. Even mild but regular exercising can help a lot when it comes to building stamina.
3. Indulge in an Activity you Like
Choose an activity that you enjoy. If you like either running or cycling, then stamina-building is going to be lot easier for you. Run or cycle for few miles daily and you will feel the change soon. You would soon be able to go extra miles easily with ease. Such daily activities may also include swimming, boating or even jogging in the park to help increase your stamina.
4. Quit Smoking
Smoking affects one’s stamina to a great extent. If you are less involved in physical activities and smoke a lot, your stamina will go for a toss. To be high on stamina, make sure you smoke less and if possible, quit it once and for all.
5. Motivate Yourself
Motivation helps in building stamina. Think positive and concentrate on the goals that you have set for yourself. Avoid thinking about possible hindrances that you may experience. Involve friends in your stamina-building activities. Meditation may also help concentrate on the good things.
Rest is as important for improving stamina as any other activity. Take ample sleep and rest to feel full of energy while performing any of your stamina-building activities. A sound sleep can help you feel active throughout the day.
7. Prevent Illnesses
The most effective way to avoid catching those pesky office colds that drain your energy is to wash your hands regularly. Avoid touching your nose and eyes with your hands; don’t share cups, pens or phones with infected individuals.
8. Relax and Save Energy
Learn to relax under pressure. Deep breathing and imaging can help. Take a few deep breaths and imagine a beautiful scene. Worrying saps energy and can reduce stamina. Saving energy at such occasions can let you feel energetic for much longer during the day.
Cross-training is one of the most effective and safe ways to improve stamina and performance level as well as to avoid injury. Choose two or more activities that complement each other, such as weight training and trail running or biking and swimming.
I'm pregnant and this is 12th week going on. Now suddenly I wont see any white discharge and I have history of abortion at 11 weeks. So I m worried is this normal.
I'm on 4th month of my fertility treatment. I was given tablet for follicle growth for 4 days (3 tab/day) from day 2. I was given 3shots of FSH150 on day 3,5 and 8.My follicle growth was good. Then I was given Hcg10000 on day 13 but my follicle didn't rupture. Then it ruptured lately with more pain on day 16. Last 3cycles I was given Dubagest SR200 for 18 days from 1dpo. I used to get my periods on 14dpo correctly. But this month doc told not to take any hormone tablet after ovulation. Today I'm 15dpo and no AF. Is it positive pregnancy or just delayed period. When can I do hpt?
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
Hi my wife is pregnant in sep 2015 and period is 14sep15, I want to know due date of delivery so please tell me.
Me and my girl friend went to trip My sperm has fallen on my girl friends vagina We are not so sure it has entered her vagina or not. How will we come to know she's pregnant or no What will be the symptoms if she is gonna be pregnant I know soo much that she will miss her periods And her period was started on 17th and this has happened on 26th was she on safe day?
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
8 weeks 2 day child die after abortion we are trying after 1 year but 8 month crossed no pregnancy what I do?
It is 4 months after giving birth to baby is it normal to have irregular mensuration periods last month I had less bleeding now this months it is more is it normal?
The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others that look refreshingly young always. This ageing process is often dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain every day.
Let's have a look at some of your habits that may be are responsible in making you look older:
- Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fitful sleep is required daily.
- Having a sweet tooth: Excess of anything is not good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an overt emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkled skin.
- Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
- Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants important for making your skin to make it look supple and well hydrated.
- Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can weaken your blood cells, which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well followed by sagging and wrinkles.
- Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and making small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look young and refreshing.