Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. K. Goswami
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. K. GoswamiYour feedback matters!
Please suggest a lab test by which I can know if my vaginal infection is caused by yeast or by other pathogens n if its a yeast infection ,what lab test can confirm if its caused by candida albicans or other species of candida?
I am taking'saheli' contraceptive pills. Is it safe or harmful to heath? We want a baby after 6months. What is side effects of saheli contraceptive pills i?
My gf give me blow job. And we did not intercourse. I did not ejaculate too. I have peed before oral sex. We did this on her 5th day of period. Her period is of 30 days. It gets varied by 2 days. So sometimes its 28 days cycle and sometimes its 32 days cycle. But if we consider 30 day cycle. She does not have period today. So according to 30 days cycle its 6 days late today. And if we considered 32 days cycle its 4 days late. She has fingered her vagina. And there could be some precum on her fingers. Is there any chance of her pregnancy? Or the reason for missed period can be something else?
Hi Doctor, My wife had last periods on last Nov 13th for 3 days and we had un safety intercourse on 20th Nov, till today dec 18th she did not get her periods is thr any chance of pregnancy?
I have done pregnancy test today but it was negative then why my periods are soo late I am worried about it plss give me some suggestion doctor.
Hello. I have gynic related question. Last month I over consumed ipill ie. 3,which I shouldn't have. Now this month a got period but very little flow. After 3 days periods started again and now the flow is too much. Please suggest. Is it just of this month. Any precautions I can take to neutralise or regularise hormonal imbalance caused.
How safe is unprotected sex during certain periods of the month, like first few days after MC ends, a week after, two weeks, three weeks. Apart from condoms (which are certainly the safest option), what temporary measures can be taken to avoid pregnancy. Also, how accurate pregnancy test kits can be.
Hello sir. Can u please tell me my menstrual cycle length.And the anual day when I ll ovalute.Know knowledge about this.I got my period on 21st march.Today 25th my last day of period.Want to conceive before 4th of April.Please guide me.I have regular period every month . But on Feb I got on 20th just one day before for that month.Yesterday my period has already stopped and i have done unprotected relation with my husband.Can i get pregnant.Want a baby.My husband ll go on 5th of april.So before that i want to conceive.Give me a brief description
Can medicines as diabetes bipolar disorder bp thyroid drugs be taken during pregnancy? Will they not affect the baby? If yes remedies to be taken.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney diseases. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!