Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. K. GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I am diagnosed with right ovary cyst sized 5 cm. I am planning for baby since last 3 months. What can be my next step for treatment. Docs are suggesting lap surgery n then ivf as they say my ovary is getting destroyed because of cyst. I also have previous history of cyst 8 years back.
You know exercise is good for you, but do you know how good? From boosting your mood to improving your sex life, find out how exercise can improve your life.
Want to feel better, have more energy and perhaps even live longer? Look no further than exercise. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. And the benefits of exercise are yours for the taking, regardless of your age, sex or physical ability. Need more convincing to exercise? Check out these seven ways exercise can improve your life.
No. 1: Exercise controls weight
Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. When you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn. You don't need to set aside large chunks of time for exercise to reap weight-loss benefits. If you can't do an actual workout, get more active throughout the day in simple ways ? by taking the stairs instead of the elevator or revving up your household chores.
No. 2: Exercise combats health conditions and diseases
Worried about heart disease? Hoping to prevent high blood pressure? No matter what your current weight, being active boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good" cholesterol and decreases unhealthy triglycerides. This one-two punch keeps your blood flowing smoothly, which decreases your risk of cardiovascular diseases. In fact, regular physical activity can help you prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
No. 3: Exercise improves mood
Need an emotional lift? Or need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A workout at the gym or a brisk 30-minute walk can help. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
No. 4: Exercise boosts energy
Winded by grocery shopping or household chores? Regular physical activity can improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance. Exercise and physical activity deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and help your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lungs work more efficiently, you have more energy to go about your daily chores.
No. 5: Exercise promotes better sleep
Struggling to fall asleep? Or to stay asleep? Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. Just don't exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to fall asleep.
No. 6: Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life
Do you feel too tired or too out of shape to enjoy physical intimacy? Regular physical activity can leave you feeling energized and looking better, which may have a positive effect on your sex life. But there's more to it than that. Regular physical activity can lead to enhanced arousal for women. And men who exercise regularly are less likely to have problems with erectile dysfunction than are men who don't exercise.
No. 7: Exercise can be fun
Exercise and physical activity can be a fun way to spend some time. It gives you a chance to unwind, enjoy the outdoors or simply engage in activities that make you happy. Physical activity can also help you connect with family or friends in a fun social setting. So, take a dance class, hit the hiking trails or join a soccer team. Find a physical activity you enjoy, and just do it. If you get bored, try something new.
The bottom line on exercise
Exercise and physical activity are a great way to feel better, gain health benefits and have fun. As a general goal, aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. If you want to lose weight or meet specific fitness goals, you may need to exercise more. Remember to check with your doctor before starting a new exercise program, especially if you haven't exercised for a long time, have chronic health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes or arthritis, or you have any concerns.
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately
My wife is entering to 7th week of pregnancy, since last two days she is feeling vomiting but nothing comes out. Today she felt little feverish also. Now does not feel to eat anything. Is it normal? She also has the sicknesses.
Hey sir, My girlfriend had I pill 9 pm yesterday and we had unprotected sex at 8 AM this morning. Should she go for another I pill.
I'm 17 female. I n my bf had some intercourse it has been almost 3 weeks now there is a little discharge of some fluid is it is a sign of periods? Oranotherthing? My menstrual cycle date is also ahead so is it a sign of this or pregnancy? We had intercourse after he had ejaculatedin washroom for 2 types and later he just inserted and removed so what might be the chances of pregnancy and what is the reason for this discharge?
Hello, my wife is pregnant 4 months, we just did her blood test and report showing as thyroid. What precaution has to be taken kindly suggest.
लगभग तीन फुट ऊँचाई वाला पौधा इसबगोल का उपयोग आज की तारीख में लागातार बढ़ता जा रहा है. इसका मुख्य कारण है आज ज्यादातर लोगों को हाजमे की शिकायत है. और पाचन तंत्र की समस्याओं का इससे बेहतर समाधान किया जा सकता है. यदि हम इसबगोल में पाए जाने वाले तत्वों की बात करें तो इसबगोल के बीजों के उपर सफेद भूसी पायी जाती है. इस भूसी में ही प्रचुर मात्रा में म्युसिलेज पाया जाता है. इसके अतिरिक्त इसमें जाईलोज, एरेविनोज रैमन्नोज और गैलेक्टोज आदि भी पाए जाते हैं. वैसे तो इसका कोई साइड इफेक्ट नहीं होता है लेकिन फिर भी इस्तेमाल में सावधानी न बरतने से इसबगोल के कुछ नुकसान हो सकते हैं.
ईसबगोल के सेवन से लाभ
1. जिन लोगों को जोड़ों के दर्द, कब्ज व पाचनतंत्र आदि की शिकायत है उनलोगों को अपनी परेशानियों से निजात पाने के लिए रात के खाने के बाद एक गिलास गर्म दूध के साथ एक चम्मच ईसबगोल की भूसी मिलाकर लेने से निश्चित रूप से लाभ होगा.
2. यदि आपको दस्त के दौरान रक्तस्राव हो रहा है या लंबे समय से कब्ज से ग्रसित हैं तो ऐसे में आप आधा कप पानी के साथ इसबगोल की भूसी लेने से आराम मिलेगा.
3. आँतों में होने वाली रुकावट और संक्रमण के शिकार लोगों को 20 मिलिलीटर की मात्रा में एक गिलास पानी में मिला लें और इसका एक चम्मच ईसबगोल के बीज साथ में सेवन करें. ऐसा करने से आपको अपनी समस्या से छुटकारा मिलेगा.
4. तमाम लाभकारी गुणों से युक्त इसबगोल इसके अलावा आपको शरीर में पानी की कमी, मोटापा व डायबिटीज आदि में भी आपको भरपूर फायदा देता है. इन रोगों में इसबगोल के इस्तेमाल से आप छुटकारा पा सकते हैं.
5. मोटापे की समस्या से ग्रसित लोग भी इसबगोल के उपयोग से वजन घटा सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको दिन में 3 बार खाने से आधा घंटा पहले लेना इसबगोल का सेवन करना चाहिए.
6. यदि आप दमा से पीड़ित हैं तो इसमें भी इसबगोल आपको फायदा पहुंचता है. इसके लिए बस आपको सुबह-शाम दो-दो चम्मच ईसबगोल की भूसी गर्म पानी के साथ लेते रहना होगा. ऐसा करने से आपकी यह शिकायत दूर हो जाएगी.
इसबगोल के नुकसान भी हैं
1. इसबगोल का नुकसान इसकी अधिक मात्रा है. इसबगोल का अधिक मात्रा में सेवन आपको भूख न लगने का कारण बन सकता है. इसलिए इसकी अधिक मात्रा में सेवन करने से बचें.
2. कैप्स्यूल या बारीक पिसा हुआ पाउडर के रूप में इसबगोल का सेवन आपको परेशानी में डाल सकता है. इसलिए इसबगोल के इन रूपों के इस्तेमाल से जितना हो सके बचने का प्रयास करें.
3. इसबगोल का उपयोग कम पानी या अन्य तरल पदार्थों के साथ सेवन छाती में दर्द, सांस लेने में परेशानी, उल्टी या फिर कुछ निगलने में समस्या आदि परेशानियों में हमें फंसा कर उलझा सकता है.
4. इसबगोल 2 साल या इससे कम उम्र के बच्चे को तो बिलकुल ही न दें. इससे ज्यादा उम्र वाले बच्चों को बहुत कम मात्रा में दे सकते हैं. बच्चों को जब भी इसबगोल देना हो तो इसमें या तो किसी विशेषज्ञ से सलाह लें या फिर बहुत कम मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करें. हलांकि डॉक्टर से सलाह लेना ज्यादा उचित रहेगा.
5. हलांकि इसबगोल से एलर्जी की समस्या नहीं के बराबर होती है. लेकिन फिर भी किसी-किसी को खुजली, चहरे पर सुजन या त्वचा पर चकते आदि लक्षण दिखाई पड़ सकते हैं. यदि आपको साइलियम से एलर्जी है तो इसबगोल का सेवन भूलकर भी न करें.
6. इसबगोल का नुकसान गर्भवती महिलाओं को तो और ज्यादा होता है. इसलिए गर्भावस्था के दौरान इसबगोल से उन्हें दूर ही रखना चाहिए. गर्भवती महिलाएं ऐसा करके इसके दुष्प्रभाव से बच सकती हैं.
Hi I am married 5 months back and I want be pregnant and my last period was on 4th and when ever we do sex semen come out for which we are much worried and what is the best suggestion to do me pls help me in this.
The Chennai floods this season have broken all records. The city has not been hit with a rainstorm of this degree in about 100 years. The entire city is reeling under the effects of this flood, with many becoming victims of diseases and injuries as a result.
Floods in your city can increase the spread of waterborne diseases such as cholera, typhoid, Hepatitis A etc. Not only that, the transmission of vector borne diseases such as dengue, malaria and chikungunya increases as well. Severe flooding can even lead to accidents such as electric shocks. However, there are certain precautions you can take to avoid these potential health hazards.
1. Avoid flood waters as these may have been contaminated with sewage and remains of animals
2. Boil water before consuming it or using it to cook food
3. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating, and drinking and always use a disinfecting soap
4. Avoid water coming from wells until it has been treated
5. Throw away food that has come in contact with flood water, whether it was refrigerated or not
6. Throw away food that has been standing at room temperature for more than two hours or smells foul or has changed colour and texture
7. Make sure you cover and treat any open cuts or wounds
8. Bathe regularly
9. Make sure you use mosquito repellents at home and on your clothing and skin
10. Don’t touch open wire or sockets or let them come in contact with water as it can cause shocks
11. Don’t allow your pets to go outside as they can become hosts of vector borne diseases
12. Throw away accumulated garbage and debris as they can turn into a breeding ground for rats and mosquitoes
13. Make full use of vaccination facilities
By adopting these simple measures, you can safely avoid the most common types of health hazards prevalent during floods.