Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.C.Karmakar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.C.KarmakarYour feedback matters!
My daughter, 15 months old, weight is 9 kg n height is 75 cm. Both are less acc to her age .how can I help her? She is an active child but sometimes I find her licking slippers n eating soil.
Many parents mistakenly assume that baby teeth aren't important because they are eventually replaced by permanent teeth. In fact, early dental decay not only threatens the underlying secondary teeth, it can cause severe toothaches.
As soon as the first tooth comes in, parents should begin practicing preventive dental hygiene. Babies should not be permitted to fall asleep while nursing or sucking a bottle; this allows milk to pool in the mouth, and the sugar[lactose] in it can cause extensive tooth decay.
Offering a little water at the end of a feeding rinses any remaining milk from the baby's mouth. The gums and emerging teeth can be wiped gently with a gauze-wrapped finger.
Sugar is the major cause of childhood tooth decay; avoid offering sugary soft drinks and sweet snacks. A chunk of cheese or a piece of fruit are better alternatives that provide important nutrients without harming the teeth.
My 10 months old baby doesn't like eating pureed food. Please let me know what food can I give her now and how much meal to serve her in a day. She is on breastfeeding and also outside milk/ formula can be given as she wants only breast milk no solids.
Hi Doctor, my kid 3years old now, from the time of birth till now he will cry a lot. We are unable to see this crying. For example if he want chocolate and if we deney to give he will start crying till he get that one, by crying a lot and then get tired and he will fall sleep. He will speak few words and just trying now to talk but most of the things he will not understand. How can I make him control and how to make him understand the things. please help me out. We met pediatric neurologist and then took EEG, MRI SCAN, every thing is normal. He is taking homeopathic medical, as he is having speech delayed which was suggested by home doctor.
My son has 2 and half months old. Mother milk feeding baby he is. How much amount of water must needed this baby per a day? He is suffering with constipation. What should we do now.
5 month baby is not given calcium syrup can it cause calcium deficiency and even she is loosing her hairs from her back and even sweats very much from her head while feeding.
Hello, My son is of 3.5 years old, 15 Kg of weight. He falls in cold and fever while comes in contact with outside water. Even in very early morning, around 4 AM-6 AM he sneezes more because of the cold environment. Might be his resistance power is not so good. Please suggest me, how to get rid from this issue and how would be the diet for him to grow up physically, mentally/memory. Thanks a lot.
I am facing severe pain while feeding, while feeding I am facing pain in nipple after feeding for every 5 minutes I am facing shoot out pain all over breast almost for an hour to 1 and half hour. My gynic suggested zericlav 625 mg, L-Panto, chymomax. While using that medicines my pain was reduced but after stopping medicines again I am facing the pain. And if the pain was severe a white spot was seen on the nipple. please kindly suggest me the best, I am unable to bear this.
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.