Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B C Das
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. B C DasYour feedback matters!
My urine becomes slight pale when I intake alcohol or fast food or meat. My throat gives me pain sometimes when I awake from sleep. Lft test k normal, kidney test normal. No diabetes, no cholesterol. Pl advice what I should do.
My age is 19. I am regularly feeling of stuck in throat, acid in throat, breathlessness sometimes, nerves stiffness in throat and pain in behind the chest, scapular region. Is it normal or not or what can I do?
I hear a little crackling sound in my left ear while chewing or opening my mouth wide. I don't think I have ear wax because I clean my ears externally everyday. Should I be worried?
I am having tonsillitis. A little of dust or smoke will irritate my throat. I wonder if an operation will be a permanent cure to this. Please suggest.
Hello sir, I am 36 years old man. My xray report says maxillary sinusitis and my ct scan says that minimal ethmoid sinusitis and my nasal septum is deviated. Which is correct. Im taking montelukast in night and drops for nose. I am continuously having dull pain and pressure in my cheek area. Kindly help to reduce my pain. I do not have problem to rake food, drink water and to speak. It hurts me. 2 or 3 doctors changed tablets but I do not have relief. How many days sinusitis pain will remain? Please help me.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.