Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Atindra Nath BagchiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was in so much pain due to my vomiting. It was amazing, the Bagchi Clinicl was so nicely made. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The staff was very attentive to my needs. As someone I knew, consulted this AtinDra Nath Bagchi and they referred us. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. By chance, I approached AtinDra Nath Bagchi for second opinion and thank god, i did because, she treated me without any surgery and all. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted AtinDra Nath Bagchi.
I was in too much pain because of difficulty sleeping, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from difficulty sleeping, but my Atindra Nath Bagchi was able to handle it. The overall atmosphere in the Bagchi Clinic is very soothing. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I searched therAtindra Nath Bagchi online and saw herreviews. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. The Bagchi Clinic was equipped with various facilities.
I never get sick, but then last year i started developing the symptoms of Hernia. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the hernia is something else. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Bagchi Clinic is so nice. I consulted Dr Atindra Nath. hHe is really like god send person. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results.
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from muscle cramps, but Dr AtinDra i was able to handle it. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that he is the reason. I was quite impressed with AtinDra Nath Bagchi his concept of holistic healing. During the complete muscle cramps treatment program he always supported and motivated me. The overall atmosphere in the Bagchi Clinic is very soothing.
Dr Atindra Nath Bagchi has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. He has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. The fatigue problem was increasing day by day. I am really grateful as his fatigue treatment has give me a ray of hope. I have had this fatigue from quite some time. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to him perfect advice.
One of my cousin's referred to drAtindra nath Bagchi I owe him him a big thanks for making me fine again by helping me getting rid of my dandruff. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Hygiene is very important, and I must Bagchi Clinic in kolkata was extremely clean. I am really grateful as herTreatment has given me a ray of hope.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from sugar like this. I am so thankful to Dr AtinDra for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted him. He ensures that he listens to his patients.
Dr Bagchi is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions. The leg pain was increasing day by day. The overall atmosphere in the Bagchi Clinic is very soothing.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from headaches like this. I chose to consult Dr Atindra Nath. He is quite knowledgeale doctor. It was so quite pleasant in the Bagchi Clinic.I am happy adn satisfied with the way he treated me .
I thank Dr AtinDra, I am quite benefitted with his small penis treatment. I have heard positive feedback from people about him so I consulted him. And I am glad that I chose this doctor.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be knowledgeable. DIABETES TYPE I & II WAS ELABORATED THANKS
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be very helpful. Thanks for giving your valuable feedback.
Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi provides answers that are very helpful. thanks sir.. your answer is very helpful.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be very helpful. Thnxxxxx
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be very helpful. Thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be very helpful. Thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be very helpful. Great
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi to be very helpful. Thanx
Dr. Atindra Nath Bagchi provides answers that are knowledgeable. Good
Very humane and caring efficient Dr.
He is a very experienced doctor.
My stomach is upset. I literally feel like mixing happens in my stomach. After going toilet, I feel free for 5 mins and again it continues.
Not able to loose Weight. despite doing cardio and weight training. Looking for good weightless diet.
Most people think that there is no way to lose weight other than joining a fitness centre or following a well-regulated diet chart, but there are times when taking little steps can aid in burning off extra calories and offer more weight loss. Fortunately enough, several stealthy means can help to turn up calories burn all through the day.
- Rise up and sweat: If there is a lack of time to get up and hit the gym early in the morning, set the alarm at least 15 minutes early and get involved in activities that would get the metabolism stroked such as jumping jacks, crunches, squats and push-ups. This will boost the calorie burning process, and it would continue all through the day.
- Raise the heart beat: One should try to increase the heart rate for one minute at a time. This process could be repeated at least ten times in a day. The additional amount of oxygen will help in keeping the individual alert, activate the lungs, heart, brain and legs. The best benefit of raising the heartbeat is that it helps in burning 300 to 400 calories a day. The most viable way of increasing the heart beat is doing 10 squats or performing lunges at the end of each hour.
- Sit on the floor: When watching the television or playing with the pet or helping a young kid in his homework, one should try to sit on the ground instead of the sofa, chair or the bed. This is because when a person sits on the floor, the muscles are required to offer support and more energy is required for standing up.
- Eat with the non-dominant hand: As per the reports of the University of Southern California, eating with the non-dominant hand will aid in eating less. Even though people believe that eating is a direct result of hunger, the truth is that eating is also determined by environmental cues. Disrupting the eating patterns such as switching to chopsticks or having dinner in an unfrequented part of the house can help control intake.
- Pop in prune: A study conducted by a team at the University of Liverpool found that eating about 5 to 6 ounces of prunes each day for about 12 weeks can help the overweight individuals to lose about 4.4 pounds and approximately about 1 inch from the waistlines. The body can easily tolerate prunes, and it doesn’t lead to any sort of side effects. They contain high amounts of fibre and helps the individual feel fuller for longer hours.
- Avoid overeating the products which are “low-fat”: This may sound absurd, but people tend to eat 50 more than required when they get hold of food that has a label saying “low fat”. This tag makes the product appear healthy and prompts the individuals to feel that they are manifesting a great feat by consuming these kinds of foods. The good rule of thumb is that one should eat the same amount of the “low fat” version of the food as he would have done with regular fat content. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Sleep is the best reliever of all stress and physical pain. Not only is it important to get sleep, but also to sleep soundly and without any disturbance. The quality matters. Here are a few tips to get better sleep:
- It is important to maintain the same sleep schedule every single day. This helps to naturalize your body clock and get the best quality sleep.
- Switch off all mobile phones, laptops and other electronic devices. Their artificial glow not only hampers your eyesight, but also prolongs the amount of time your body takes to relax and fall off to sleep.
- If your back pain causes you to continually wake up in the middle of the night in discomfort, then sleep with a pillow or cushion between your legs so as to straighten out your back and relieve pent up stress.
- The importance of your pillow can never be stressed upon enough. Your pillow should be not too fat, hard or soft. It should just about support the natural curve of your neck, so that it is perfectly aligned with the centre of your body. Correct sleeping postures are extremely important.
- Make sure your room is nice and dark so as to stimulate the secretion of a hormone called melatonin that is regulated by light exposure. Darker the room, greater melatonin, making you more sleepy.
- Those who exercise regularly and well are known to be fitful sleepers. Exercise well before bedtime. If required, do some light yoga or stretching exercises that promote sleep.
- What you eat throughout the day makes a difference to the quality of your sleep. Stay away from too much caffeine, alcohol, or a heavy meal just before sleeping. They only make you stay awake for longer and may cause heartburn or stomach trouble. Don't drink too much water, or else you will be making more midnight trips to the bathroom than clocking those sleep hours.
- Try to keep your head clear of all worries and stress when in bed. Regular meditation and deep breathing can help.
There is no end to all the things you can do to sleep well and comfortably. It is important to be self-disciplined to sleep well and hence be a healthy individual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Scarlet fever is a kind of bacterial illness that commonly develops in children who are suffering from a strep throat (scratchy and sore throat caused by a bacterial infection). The bacteria streptococcus produces a poison or toxin that causes rashes, colored a bright red, all over the body. The name “scarlet fever” is derived from these red rashes. Scarlet fever is common among children aged between 5 and 15. Previously, it used to be a serious and common childhood illness, but is relatively rare today.
Factors behind it
The main cause of scarlet fever is the bacteria streptococcus, which thrive in your nasal passages and mouth. The bacterial infection is transmitted when an infected person coughs or sneezes; later the airborne droplets end up affecting a healthy person in the vicinity. Scarlet fever is extremely contagious. Coming in contact with an infected person, and drinking or eating from an infected person’s glass or plate, can spread the infection.
Signs and symptoms
The bright red rash is the most obvious sign of this disease. The other common scarlet fever symptoms include:
- Fever that measures above 101 degree Fahrenheit
- A sore, red throat with yellow and white patches
- Swollen tonsils
- Flushed face
- Vomiting and nausea
- Enlarged glands on the back of your neck
- Skin around the lips turns pale
- Strawberry tongue (a white tongue with red spots dotting its surface)
The usual treatment for scarlet fever is antibiotics. The antibiotics assist your immune system fight the infection-causing bacteria. If your child is infected, make sure he/she finishes the entire antibiotics course. This will prevent a relapse of the infection. You can also use over-the-counter medicines such as ibuprofen or aspirin to treat the fever. Medication to treat a sore throat can also be prescribed by the doctor. Other easy remedies include:
- Gargling with salted water
- Drinking lots of water to prevent dehydration
- Consuming plenty of warm soup, ice cream or popsicles
- Using an air humidifier to reduce the pain and severity of a sore throat
Scarlet fever should be treated immediately. If you leave it untreated it might cause the following complications in the long run:
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.Type diabetes
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just being followed for the sake of religious rituals, but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body, thereby, maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When one sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. For having food in this position a person has to bend while eating and has to move up and down while eating. When this happens, the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby, helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and Shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleep can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minute nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous phrase, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear Piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions, these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby"s ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching Feet of Elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched.