Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anutosh DasYour feedback matters!
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.
Am a girl and I had unprotected sex with my partner before 1 month. And we did that with securely and we are serious at the time of ejaculation. But now I don't get my periods till now. I left my periods for 2 days. Can I wait for more 4 days for pregnancy check through tube or can I check it now.
I am 24 yrs female. I fell down from steps during my periods. There is severe backpain from two months. Will it be remain same and will it effect my future.
Past one year, I have thyroid problem. I gain too much of weight. As well as irregular menses. How to overcome it? I feel so tired.
I have severe pain around my left ovary and a ball shaped lump. What it is. Is it dangerous or harmful. I also have lump on my left breast and it pains. please let me know. Is it serious.
My friend had unprotected sex with his gf. She took pill even though she didn't get his mensis. She did pregnancy test the result is positive. Wat should we do now?
Teenage girls usually hit puberty between 8-14 years and boys a little later at about 10- 13. This is a time of a lot of changes. Sexual maturity of the body happens along with a spurt in height. Needless to say, this special time requires special care from parents like you. Extra nourishment of the body is also required so that your teen can develop optimally.
Let’s take a quick look at how you can support your teen’s growth spurt -
Nutrition is the first block facilitating the optimal growth of teenagers. The other blocks are sleep and play.
Sleep: All teenagers need 8-9 hours of sleep every night, according to the National Sleep Foundation, America. This is because our pineal or master gland produces growth hormone during this time. And exposure to maximum quantities of growth hormone is crucial if you want your child to grow optimally and not remain stunted. Less sleep usually means less exposure to the growth hormone and less height than was written in your child’s DNA. However, you must also know that puberty causes a change or shift in your teen’s sleep- wake cycle. This means that he or she will usually go to bed late and wake up late too. The thing to do is to let your child sleep longer.
Food and nutrition: All praises sung for good nutrition during puberty will still not be enough. Teens, as we know, love to eat junk food these days. They love processed foods, hate greens and veggies and the scary part is that this could throw a spanner in their growth.
- Great nutrition is essential to optimal growth of your teen and there’s just no getting around that.
- During the growth spurt of puberty, your teen requires the maximum calories and nutrients in his or her entire life span.
- The ‘Growing’ or healthy foods should form at least 90 % of your teen’s total food intake every day.
And these ‘Growing’ foods are:
- Protein is the most required food group for growth and development of the body.
- This is so because it is the building block of all tissue, including muscles and bones.
- Teens need at least half grams of protein per pound of their body weight to grow optimally.
- Good sources of protein are eggs, meat, nuts, seeds, legumes and veggies.
It’s not scientifically right, however, to ply your teen with proteins. Why? Because it will not help her grow, but may actually leave her dehydrated.
Calcium and vitamin D:
- What happens during a growth spurt? The bones grow vertically. Arms and legs grow longer.
- And we all know that calcium is very important for bones and, so is vitamin D as these are both bone-forming nutrients.
If your teen eats enough foods containing calcium and vitamin D, her bones will be strong for a lifetime…
But what happens usually is that kids do not like foods rich in calcium and vitamin D like milk, greens and nuts, and beans.
So, make sure your teen has enough of the above in her daily diet.
- Teens don’t usually eat on time. They hem and haw during mealtimes and stop their bodies getting the nutrition it needs to grow.
- Skipping meals also only feeds bingeing on junk food and stops the absorption of nutrients.
Your teen, thus should eat three square meals per day without skipping a meal. Snacking is not bad, as long as it’s healthy. ‘Growing’ foods like nuts and seeds can be consumed.
Hi I am 26 year old female, had 2 cesarean. Before I become second time pregnant I observed one of my intestine on just above belly button and can easily figure it.
I am 28 tears old female. My period was due on 1st. But still it has not started. I have tested twice and it is showing negative. M planning since 5 months. M having abdominal pain and thigh pain as before due date. Can I still expect pregnancy. please help me. M very upset.
I had sex with a girl on 8 april while last she had period on 5-6, and I haven't used condom while intercourse. Is there any chances of pregnancy. As I have heard that you can do sex with a girl without condom within 6 days before her period and at least 8 days after her period stops. Please guide me.
Progesterone is a characteristic female hormone, which is also known as the pregnancy hormone, its percentage is generally higher before and during pregnancy. Progesterone supplementation is regularly important during assisted reproductive technology (ART) systems; for example, In-vitro fertilization (IVF). This is recommended because the medicines you may use during these strategies can change your body's capacity to deliver progesterone. Certain techniques can even expel progesterone delivering cells from your ovaries. All women who wish to end up pregnant need progesterone to help the uterus get ready for and sustain a prepared egg.
Progesterone readies the uterus for pregnancy. After ovulation happens, the ovaries begin to deliver progesterone required by the uterus. Progesterone causes the uterine covering or endometrium to thicken. This readies a strong domain in your uterus for a fertilized egg.
Progesterone sustains the baby. A supply of progesterone to the endometrium keeps on being critical during pregnancy. After an effective implantation, progesterone keeps up a steady domain for the forming baby. Following eight to ten weeks of pregnancy, the placenta takes control of progesterone creation from the ovaries and considerably builds the hormone.
Other sources of progesterone supplements
A few types of progesterone supplements are accessible, including vaginal items that deliver progesterone straight to the uterus. The diverse structures include the following:
1. Vaginal gel:
• Utilized once every day for progesterone supplementation
• Over a time of involvement and more than forty million dosages recommended
• In studies where quiet inclination was measured, a dominant part of women favored the gel for comfort over other progesterone medicines
• Some discharge felt during use
2. Vaginal suppositories:
• Generally utilized yet not FDA-endorsed
• Utilized two to three times each day
• Spillage can be chaotic
3. Vaginal supplements:
• Intended for vaginal use
• FDA-endorsed for progesterone supplementation yet not for progesterone substitution
• Useful in ladies under thirty-fie years; no settled outcomes in women of more than thirty-five years
• Utilized two to three times each day
4. Progesterone oral cases, utilized vaginally:
• Not planned or FDA-affirmed for vaginal utilization
• Less symptoms when it is utilized vaginally rather than orally
• Utilized approximately three times each day
• An oil-based arrangement (now and then called progesterone in oil)
• Generally utilized; most settled strategy for progesterone delivery
• Infused into the bottom once every day
• Requires long, thick needle to enter layers of skin and fat
• Hard to oversee
• Infusions might be difficult
• Skin responses are normal
Progesterone is a vital piece of infertility treatment since it boosts implantation and pregnancy. Human services suppliers regularly have an inclination towards which type of progesterone they recommend for fertility treatment. Their application is by and large in view of their involvement with the different techniques. However, accommodation and demand are likewise critical. Most women lean toward a progesterone definition that is simple, advantageous, and agreeable. Thus, make sure to talk about your choices with your social insurance supplier or your doctor. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
Hi, I am 29 years old 5 months pregnant. I would like to know what have to do to get normal and painless delivery. Thanks.
INVO (intravaginal culture of oocytes), also called IVC (Intravaginal culture) is an abetted procedure of reproduction where early embryo development and oocyte fertilization are carried out inside a gas penetrable, air-free plastic tool or device that is placed into the maternal vaginal chamber for incubation. It is a device that helps the future mothers to participate in the evolution and growth of their own embryos present inside their body. The device is composed of an inner cavity with a protective outer rigid shell and a rotating valve.
It can be used for IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) cycles; whether with the mother's own eggs or any donor's eggs. It provides the same successful results as conventional treatments. It works in a very simple way:- when the requisite samples to produce embryos have been acquired or when the eggs have been impregnated in the laboratory, they together with culture medium are placed into the INVOcell device and then the device is inserted into the vagina of the mother and there it is kept for two to three days (for 72 hours culture period). Throughout this time, the mother can lead a practically normal life but she needs to elude taking bath, having intercourse or flying during those days on which she is wearing it.
When fertilisation takes place, it will be the mother's own heat which will supply the best conditions for the proper development of the embryos. Once they are set and ready, the doctor will remove the INVO from the mother's vagina to recover the embryos. The embryos are then evaluated under the microscope to choose the healthiest-looking ones to transfer them into the uterus. Within the uterus they will be embedded in order to begin developing.
Advantages of INVO are:
- It is one of the most cost-effective assisted conception treatments.
- In this method, the embryo incubation is more natural.
- Since in this whole process embryo incubation in the laboratory isn’t required, the possibility of stumbling at the laboratory is diminished.
- In this method, the couple experiencing the treatment is involved more.
- This method has similar efficacy as the IVF treatments.
Disadvantages of INVO are:
- Since the device has to remain for three days in the mother's vagina, it causes some discomfort.
- The patient has to spend much time in the assisted reproduction clinic and visit it more often.
The studies suggest that it could be a usable alternative choice for assisted reproduction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve (βHCg 1600 on 1st August, progesterone 12.44 ), it's thru IVF , FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June . Have done SONOGRAPHY on yesterday 22/8/2016 GA BY LMP 9 WEEK SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN CRL MEASURES 1.36 CM CORRESPONDS TO 7.5 WEEKS FOETAL HEART RATE 167 b/min. OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC IN MEANWHILE TOO MUCH OF SEVERE ACIDITY AND MORNING/NOON SICKNESS CONTINUING SINCE LAST TWO WEEKS (9aug). TAKING rantac (2 tabs) + dexonate (nyte) but still very much vomiting. Pls suggest "hw to cure this acidity with lesser side effects on my pregnancy. Please guide further , on Medication with time validity of each of the following medicines. 1.Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily 2.Crinone gel - twice 3. Susten injection on every 4th day 4. Folvite once daily 5.Aspirin 50 mg at bedtime (STOPPED after foetal pole detection)
I have a 1 question. On which age will produce milk in female breast. And on which age will come produce breast milk on teenage (or) maturity.
I am 24years old my menstrual cycle is not in proper condition from starting on wards what should I do?
Cotton swabs or cotton buds, are commonly used in our daily lifestyle. Many people use it for various purposes, such as make-up, bacterial culture, and most commonly for extracting wax and debris from the ear. Even though they are sometimes handy in our busy schedule, they usually cause much more harm than benefits.
How are they misused?
Cotton buds are toothpick like pieces made of wood, plastic, or rolled paper, which have cotton stuck at both ends with a roundish edge. It came into existence during the 1920s for a safe purpose of ear cleaning by Leo Gerstenzang, when he saw his wife cleaning their baby’s ear with a toothpick. And, til now they are used by the general population for ear cleaning, but these hardly remove the outer debris which is stuck near the outer edges. Impressing it inside the ear canal only does further damage, by forcing the inner wax further inside. Sometimes extensive force also causes damage to the ear drums.
How does it cause the damage?
Applying a tool like the cotton bud inside the ear with hands usually creates a force that impresses upon the eardrum, also accumulating the surrounding earwax to that area, resulting in impaction of the wax. The force applied most often, if not always, causes a damage to the ear drums, which might cause severe pain, also leading to leakage, causing improper balance, deafness, and certain similar abnormalities.
Although we are worried about cleaning our ears, it doesn’t really require our notice, since our usual showers allow an adequate quantity of water to enter the ears and clean the accumulated debris automatically. The structure, in which our ear canal is designed, is usually naturally assisting in cleaning up the unusual wax around the ear.
If there is an uncontrollable build up of earwax that is not cleaned off normally, you can always consult an ENT or any general physician and get it cleaned under medical surveillance, which is best advised.
Doctors and medical practitioners all around the world have been trying to spread the message of preventing the use of cotton buds for ear cleaning. It is important that the message reach the greater part of the population. Spread it to your family, your closest friends, their friends, and as further, you can reach!