Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aneek Battacharya
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Aneek BattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I sit continuously for long hours in front of a computer, as part of my work. I often ignore my sitting posture also. Of late, I have been experiencing bouts of dizziness everyday. During sleep also, I feel a tingling sensation or numbness in my arms. Is it possible that my incorrect sitting posture is creating adverse impact on the nerves passing through my neck, which in turn is causing dizziness and numbness in arms?
There is an excretion of clear fluid from my nose. The liquid flows out whenever I bent my face downward. It has never happen earlier. I am not under any medicate. I am not suffering from any disease or sickness. I don't have common cold or cough. I am 24 years old unmarried female. Would please advice as to why this is happening.
Pain in throat/neck (Closer to left side) especially when swallowing.(feel like strained vocal cords). This pain started a little bit after singing along with the radio earlier. What is this and what should I do?
I am a 24 years old woman suffering from mild insomnia. This leads to headache and dizziness in the morning. Please suggest a cure to this problem.
I have chronic pharyngitis in my throat. Now a days Samson changing time my right inside area of throat infected along with nose jam. Suggest homeopathic medicine.
I generally speak in phone for an hour or two a day. From an year my ears started paining while speaking. And this pain level is increasing now a days. What's the reason? Is use of Bluetooth an alternative?
When am I over active i.e. Working standing for 1-2 hours I get moving / imbalance feeling. On days I am not active (this doesn't happen is it related to low bp. Got it checked by doc. But came normal. Home test shows around 110-99/66. Can it be possible that it is due to inner ear. What symptoms should I notice to understand the reason for this problem.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
- Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
- These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
- Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
- Several bacterial infections also lead to a sore throat.
- They may include strep throat, diphtheria, and whooping cough.
- Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
- Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
- This causes throat pain and inflammation.
- Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
- For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
- Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
- The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
- Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
- The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
- In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
- The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
- You should complete the course to get effective results.
- If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
- Gargling with warm, salted water.
- Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
- Having throat lozenges.
- Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!