Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amiya Kanti MajumdarYour feedback matters!
Help dr! I suffered for irregular periods before my marriage. Aftr by treatment I am getting regular. Dr. told dat pcod problem is der .treatment is going on .but I am very afraid of pregnancy. I wl get pregnancy or not.
My wife not interested in sex We have a baby too we have 12 years of marriage life it is from last 4-5 years.
Sir/madam My daughter doesn't consume milk from breast Even she doesn't hv any cough and cold. If we put breast milk in a bottle then she can have easily. please suggest me what should I do for her. Or suggest me any substitute instead of breast milk Thank you.
Hi, my wife is having not started her period again after second pregnancy. It is not started after 6 month of passing. Before pregnancy she is very regular on it. And also she have faced same problem in first pregnancy too. Is it normal things or serious? any suggestions please.
I did one foolish thing i. E. Passed some urination, due to sexual emotion (and I am a diabetic patient). Is it leads to any problem to my wife's menstrual matters, why because from the last 6 months she is facing some menstrual problems? And not getting pregnancy. Kindly suggest the remedy.
I am trying to conceive baby from last 6 months but able to do it. I wan to understand more about IVF and surrogacy.
Health benefits of ghee
Energy booster: the wide range of fats that compose ghee include medium-chain fatty acids, which are very useful for the body and can be processed by the liver and burnt as energy, not passing into adipose tissue or contributing to weight gain. For athletes or other people with active, high-energy lifestyles, ghee can provide the necessary burst of energy that you might need to get through a particularly challenging day!
Allergy issues: since ghee is dairy-free (having had all of the dairy residue simmered off), lactose intolerant individuals or those who cannot consume butter are free to enjoy the flavorful treat of “butter” in the form of ghee without worrying about the gastrointestinal problems that normally follow.
Heart health: although most people associate butter with fat and a decline in heart health, the rich variety of fats in ghee can also provide a healthy boost to the heart. Omega-3 fatty acids can help decrease your levels of unhealthy cholesterol and provide an energetic balance to your fat intake.
Reduce inflammation: ghee possesses butyric acid, which is one of the most beneficial short-chain fatty acids that the body needs. Butyric acid has been shown, in recent research, to actually decrease inflammation in parts of the body, particularly in the gastrointestinal tract, and is now a recommended dietary addition for some people with ulcerative colitis. Furthermore, ghee enemas have long been used in traditional medicine for inflammation of all kinds.
Antioxidant activity: the health benefits of vitamin a are widely publicized and the power of carotenoids in terms of eliminating free radicals in the body are extremely valuable. When you add the antioxidant capacity of conjugated linoleic acid and butyric acid to the power of vitamin a contained in ghee, you have a powerful anti-cancer substance that could help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body.
Eye health: the significant levels of vitamin a in ghee make it ideal for protecting eye health. Carotenoids are antioxidants that specialize in eliminating and neutralizing the free radicals that attack the macular cells, thereby preventing macular degeneration and the development of cataracts.
Immune system booster: butyric acid, perhaps the most important element in ghee, has also been linked to the stimulation of t-cell production, which are the heavy-hitting cells of the immune system. In other words, ghee can supercharge your immune system in addition to all of its other health benefits!
A final word of warning: all of the benefits mentioned above make ghee sound like an ideal substitute for butter; however, as mentioned a number of times, ghee is made purely of fat, so excessive consumption of ghee can dramatically change your fat intake and can act as a negative dietary choice. Be careful about your intake and study the fat content of the ghee you choose to consume. Also, speak to your medical professional to ensure that your fitness level can handle a shift to a higher fat diet.
Sir at the time of menstrual she feeling very bad with the pain. Now she is using painkiller. Its will show any effect on future.?
She is suffering from breast pain during menstruation cycle periods. This month taken 7 days to complete, any problem from this. Please give suggestion.
Any festival is the time to celebrate. Yes, even the food you eat. Any occasion should not be feared, felt guilty about or stressed on( as to how we can lose weight or detox ourselves before the celebrations). Instead of focusing on how we may end up bingeing or overeating, why not think how we can ‘be' and ‘continue to be’ on a healthy, sensible eating plan not only before or after the celebrations but during as well. Diwali is the time to give, share and celebrate that giving and sharing, so what's more better than giving your body the nourishment it needs and it will in return share health with you.
Here are some healthy eating tips you can celebrate with-
1. Don't try to go on some fast or detox or weight loss, crash diet in preparation for Diwali. Know that the moment you go off it or let go- it will just be down hill all the way with your weight going up for sure. Instead, stay on a sustainable diet or eating plan and you can enjoy your Diwali meals in the right amount and portion. Then eating the karanji for a snack will not push the scales.
2. Avoid eating out of any emotion, be it guilt, vengeance or too much freedom. This means any celebration should not make you guilty nor should you consider it a time where you can allow yourself to eat like there's no tomorrow and it's also not to overeat because you are justifying all the pre Diwali restrictions. A good diet followed before Diwali will ensure that you eat without guilt, within the right amount and enjoy it.
3. Exercise is good not only before or after but also during Diwali. If you are not hitting the gym, it's okay. At least try and manage 30 minutes of stretching, yoga or walking at home. This will prepare your body to avoid any disruptions to the digestive process.
4. Avoid staying empty stomach especially on waking up. A fruit or dry fruits are a good option to wake up on. This helps to prepare the body to digest the Diwali foods you intend to have.
5. Avoid the fat- free, low fat, low cholesterol versions of any food. These labels make you believe they are healthy and okay to beinge on. Instead eat the sweets or snacks made in the traditional way, preferably at home/home made, which will make you eat it in a more portioned manner with the benefits of the natural nutrition of the foods.
6. Don't leave home on an empty stomach when visiting family or friends. This way you won't be ravenously hungry and you won't end up clearing the entire plate of sweets or snacks served to you.
7. Try to eat smaller portions of a sweet or a snack and distribute it throughout the day. So, have the halwa or laddoo in the evening at snack time, rather than nibbling on it through the day. This will help you stay full and not keep craving for the sweet throughout the day.
8. If you plan to have a late night party, try to have a small light meal before you leave for the party. You can then later have small amount of the meal at the party. This way you break up your dinner into two parts, thereby avoiding overeating late into the night.
9. Avoid alcohol on an empty stomach. Eat your dinner after the drink.
10. Stay hydrated throughout the day. Including lime water or jeera water is helpful for digestion as well as avoid the bloating and acidity.
Remember, if you have prepared your body to eat right and sensibly as well as stay active way before any occasion- you can enjoy the festivities without the guilt and stress of eating.
Can a girl get pregnant if boy and girl both ejaculate in side girl at same time before 10 days of her period? Generally her last period occurs on 6 February, next 6 march and unsafe sex date is 25march. I am afraid to get unwanted pregnant. If she get pregnant what should we do for abortion tell me best contraceptive pill, and home remedy.
What is the right time to have sex after childbirth. Child birth by LSCS method and suggest me right time to place coper T after childbirth.
*Respected doctors,* My wife aged 22 y having a female child of 2.5 y female child has undergone laproscopu tubectomy on 5th august 2017, even the stiches were removed on august 12 .the* respective doctor gave vitamin tablets for one month ,*and suggested us to meet. In general people say laparoscopy may or may not successful.*i want to know that for how many days we should away from* normal family life, suppose if we partcipate in sex* life will there any effects, please give answer in detail. Advance thanks.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them.