Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amitava DattaYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old man. Last 5 months I am suffering from chest pain. After checking it is found heart stock & heart failure. Is it necessary to be operation of heart.
My cholesterol level is following: LDL 100 HDL 27 TRIGLYCERIDES 189 TC 165 mg/dl I feel mild pain in heart. I am 32 year old male.
I am suffering from cholesterol gland in my body, there are no hurt for me, please suggest solution for future purpose, What should I do decrease cholesterol? What type of diet as well as exercise for help less cholesterol? Please provide details knowledge about this?
I have B.P and sugar for which I have been taking medicine. Is taking "Manjap DS 0.25" one day is harmful? I am feeling vacuum in heart due to anxiety and stress. All reports of heart blood test are ok. Now after taking this tablet I am is feeling pain in lower back of head.
I am 17 years old, and yesterday I got pain on right side of my chest, What this pain indicates? Is it a symptom of any disease?
Sir, basically I am cardiology patients, done angioplasty, and regularly taking tab- efiplat 10, astoor 10, nebicard2.5 &nexpro 20 for (emty stomac morning) in addition to this I ahve problem of disc prolaps l5, si, due to which I have lumpiness over both legs. Recently I had problem of prostate enlarge bph grade 1, due to which urination was difficult. Upon consultation with urologist urivoid-20, twice a day &afidura tab 0-0-1, lessix 0-1-0 is taking, also I am antral gastritis patient, usually I take veg, however occasionally takes chicken too. My problem is I have swelling over both legs (swelling covers angles, foot,) after taking food or water swelling increase, also stomach gets upset, hence feel fatigue. This discomforts I am facing since march 2015. Please advise what is the reason for swelling? and why my legs are getting lumpiness and pain, also abdominal difficulties? request you to advise,
Sir, I am 58 years old and hba1c reading is 6.9, I take the falling medicines glycinorm m 80 0-1-1 glyree 2 1-0-1 my question is, my fasting readings are always above 165, my random readings are less than 145, I would like to know the reason for this, do you suggest change of tablets. Regards.
For past few weeks I had been experiencing pain on my left chest and two days back while lifting weights at the gym the pain grew and I got a stiff neck. Is this a serious problem I can not get my neck back normal and the chest is also starting to grow.
I hv mild to moderate AR. IV INNER DIAMETER DIASTOLIC - 4.64CM LV INNER DIAMETER DIASTOLIC - 1.1CM LVPW thickness DIASTOLIC - 1.0CM EJECTION FRACTION 68 / FRACTIONAL SHORTENING 38 / LEFT ATRIAL DIAMETER 3.31CM AORTIC ROOT DIAMETER - 2.65CM ACS - 2.04CM MITRAL VALVE - NORMAL AORTIC VALVE - NORMAL PULMONARY VALVE - NORMAL INTERATRIAL SEPTUM - INTACT regional WALL MOTION - NO RWMA PERICARDIUM - NORMAL COLOUR DOPPLER FLOW - - MITRAL VALVE - E ^ A *****8AORTIC VALVE - MILD TO MODERATE AR TRICUSPID VALVE - NORMAL PULMONARY VALVE - NORMAL What is the condition of my heart doctor. I need surgery as soon as possible?? I am taking Cardivas25 and Cardivas12.5.
My mother has problem of high blood pressure. What should we do to control it? Please suggest some medicine or something else to control it.
Doctor lately I started to feel like I am going to die and also my stomach and whole abdomen thuds/vibrate with each heart beat and I can hear my heart beating in my ears loud and clear and when I work out it feels like my heart will give up. I smoke and drink does it affect. Do I have any possible heart condition or cancer growing in my body. Please help me doctor I am afraid to share this with my parents. Please help me out:(
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.
Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that’s found in all cells of the body. The term cholesterol is often directly related to a heart condition. But the truth is that not all types of cholesterols are harmful for your body. It is important that one knows about the different types of cholesterol, having healthy levels of both types of lipoproteins is important, deal with them appropriately and lower the chances of having a stroke or getting a heart disease. Bad cholesterol levels can be high in people irrespective of them being thin, if it is genetic or if they are smokers.
Types of Cholesterol.
The Bad One:
LDL cholesterol sometimes is called “bad” cholesterol. A high LDL level leads to a buildup of cholesterol in your arteries. Lowering your cholesterol may slow down, reduce, or even stop the buildup of plaque in your arteries. It also may reduce the risk of plaque rupturing and causing dangerous blood clots.
The Good One:
HDL cholesterol sometimes is called “good” cholesterol. This is because it carries cholesterol from other parts of your body back to your liver. Your liver removes the cholesterol from your body and is important for the body as it reduces the risk of heart attack, disease and strokes.
Cholesterol count of the body is counted by adding the two types of cholesterols (LDL and HDL) along with body's triglyceride level. Triglycerides are a type of fat found in your blood. Too much of this type of fat may raise the risk of coronary artery disease.
The level of your cholesterol shows the level of risk your body is in, to have a stroke or a heart condition. Other factors which determine the risk are whether the person is a smoker, diabetic, has high blood pressure along with their age, sex and race.
Cholesterol levels are affected by:
1. Genetics: Genetics have a direct effect on your cholesterol level. If the levels have been high in the previous generations, you are automatically at higher risk of this condition.An inherited condition called familial hypercholesterolemia causes very high LDL cholesterol.
2. Age and Weight: Once we cross the age of 20, our cholesterol level starts to rise. Being overweight however is also a high risk factor of increased levels of bad cholesterol in the body as well as developing heart disease.
3. Lifestyle: Less or no exercise is another reason which reduces the good cholesterol in the body, as does being overweight. Regular exercise however reduces LDL and increases HDL in the body. Also a diet rich in saturated fats makes your LDL levels shoot up and puts you to higher risk.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.