Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amitava DattaYour feedback matters!
I'm a chain smoker and for the past few days I am facing lots of chest pains. What should I do to relief it?
Respected sir I am 54 years old. Now I take blood test. Results. Are begin hb 9.6. Total cholesterol 297 hdl cholesterol. 59 ldl cholesterol 208 what can I do sir?
Mam, Good day. Apple cider vinegar Lowers cholesterol level and inclusion of two tablespoons of this vinegar can help tacking high cholesterol effectively. Please advise how many times in a day this is to be taken. This vinegar can't be taken plain, it has to be taken with water. Await your reply ASAP.
Hi My Mother is 41 Years old. She had an heart attack in March 2012. She was not aware of that heart attack. All she knew was that she had some acidity problem, and that is why she had sever pain & She was hospitalized for 3-4 day In ICU and 2-3 days in general ward. When she got discharged from there she was happy and was not aware of this heart attack. she was absolutely fine sleeping well as usual [twice in day-1. after noon. 2. night]. But after a month when she suddenly knew about this heart attach she was shocked and was very very worried. She couldn't sleep properly for 2-3 month. It became a challenge for her at every night for getting sleep. Even now after 3 years she doesn't get proper sleep. some times she sleeps for twice but rarely. She rarely share about this with family. She don't want us to be panic. Though doctor has given a Sleeping pills, But she rarely take it, Coz she says i don't want to be addicted of this. She takes it only when she doesn't get sleep in late night at 2 or 3 AM. Can we get some help on this, We tried to talk to doctor, They said get the pills. No positive solution. Thanks and warm regards
I am feeling ill from last 3 days my chest is paining when ever I am taking deep breath. Suffering from cold from last 1 week.
I am a 40 years old healthy male. I want to be careful about cholesterol and old aged potential diseases like BP sugar thyroid etc. Please suggest me a minimal set of economic routine tests.
My mom surfing with this. One lunge is damaged her heart size increase she cough all the time and she doesn't take a breath properly, three year before a doctor suggest us for remove the lunge with operation. But we don't arrange the funds. Now she has a very bad condition and don't want to loose her please help me.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
What is the causes of rheumatic heart disease. I had mitral valve replacement surgery 6 years ago. My one valve is changed with artificial valve.
My wife is 31 year old. My wife is having tingling sensation all over body. And saying heartbeat is fast. But the bp is normal as 120-80. Please tell me what can I do in that situation and any test is required. Please guide.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard please help me. Thank you.
I am 31 male, my BP is around 140/95, my triglycerides level is 237. I am having pain in left side of stomach from 1 week please suggest me.
I have chest pain and left arm but get relief when taken rest at times it get pain as if needle is pinned, and it will transfer to the other areas above abdomen, I had tb 2 years back.
Hi, I am a 28 years old, male, obese person. In 22 years of age, I had a problem started, high bp. Doctor recomment me seloken xl 50 mg + amcard 5 twice daily. Few years back, due to high cost of medicine, I started using generic medicine which is metoprolol 50 mg (for seloken xl 50 mg) + amlodipine 5 mg (for amcard 5). Are these generic medicines fine for me? other than this I started taking patanjali ayurvedic medicine divya mukta vati also.
One of my friend is suffering from chest pain (left one) from a month, is there anything to worry upon?
I have diabetes over 10 years my latest hb a1c report 10. 1 abc is 243 my hdl cholestrol -direct 21 ldl cholesterol direct107, triglycerides-275 I using medicine glynese mf tab m-1, n-1. So please suggest any other medicine and what the position now in my health ?
My skin start itching after shower with cold water. I need to take bath with hot water always. I am having BP 140/90. Can you suggest some treatment.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.