Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amarendra Nath MandalYour feedback matters!
Doctor, when I wake in the morning my mild is heavy and disturbed and heart rate increases. How to avoid this ?
My cousin is 15 years old girl. She's having low heart rate (65), low pulse and swelling in hand, leg and face. Doctor said we have to do BMV. And heart is physically and biological good. This is good suggestion or we have to do any other?
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.
5. Other diseases: chronic diseases like diabetes, HIV, hyperthyroidism or a buildup of iron or protein can also lead to heart failure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
How often does one need to practice OIL PULLING THERAPY. Does this reduce the cholesterol leve? Does therapy reduces the toxic substances in the body? What are the specific benefits of this therapy. Regards.
I find marks upon both of my eyelashes, someone told me this mark is cause of cholesterol, I want to know, how to get rid of these marks?
I am always feeling tired . This is happening from few days since I started taking divya mukt vati (patanjali) for my hypertension. My BP stays normal now but I feel very tired whole day.Please tell.
Good day doctor I am 66 years, I have gone through open heart bypass surgery 5 years back doing fine since then keepannuallycheck health check as per doctors advise I keep changing cooking oil, eg one month I use olive oil next month sun flower oil then ground nut oil etc at times we usemusteredoil also. What you suggest. Which dry fruit.
I am 27 years old. Total cholesterol 158, triglycerides 376, HDL 23, LDL 73, VLDL 75 .I m very afraid. How to get normal levels and how long does it take. Pls tell me diet and do's and do not.
Hi I am getting upper chest pain continuously. Used many medicines advised by doctors and checked up for heart. No problems. I am diabetes with sugar levels at 150 to 180. Why this pain is prevailing continuously some doctors told it as a muscle pain.
1. Persistent pain for 15 - 20 minutes around the chest that refuses to go away
2. Profuse sweating for no reason
3. Discomfort heavy pressure or heavy weight being kept on the chest squeezing or wringing sensation
4. Pain that extends to the neck jaw back abdomen arms shoulder