Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aloke LahiriYour feedback matters!
Because of plenty of motions of my baby of 1month old I was suggested to stop breast feeding. And I have taken tablets to stop breast feeding. But some body told not to stop giving milk to child. So how the milk can be produced. Any tablets? Please suggest.
My daughter is 6 years old, almost 20 kgs. Has gas problem, sometime also has stomach ache and smelly gas and potty, is slightly underweight also. Pls help with remedy to cure her has problem and for her growth.
My 19 months daughter is vomiting frequently and she also have some cold and cough. She almost vomited 6 times in 3 hrs and had loose motion once.
Sir meri wife ko fibroids hai please uska koi medicine btaye ya koi ghrelu remedies btaye please doctr.
MY Son is 3 years old. Some docs say he is asthmatic, some say he has adenoids, some say he is allergic to weather and pollution, with the change of weather he always get cough and cold, that is so sever that I have to nebulize him with budesal, syrup levolin and an antibiotic. Sir, I want to know how long it will go, when can my son be alright.
My baby is 2 months and 18 days old. He doesn't sleep whole night. He sleeps next day till 4 am. How to change his routine. I feel so tired. I am working woman please suggest.
My son is 5 year old. When he speaks, we feel some mucus is stuck behind his nose and when we blow nothing comes out. His one nostril is always blocked and he gets dry cough often. Please suggest good remedy for this ?
Hello Doctor ji, My baby is around 05 months old. His date of birth is 24 jan 2016. He has got vaccinated of DPT, rotavirus and oral polio vaccine on 12.05.2016. After then he has got again oral polio vaccine on 30th may 2016 by Goverment's OPV campaign (door to door). The campaing's lady said that, do not give polio drops to child till sept. 2016. According to immunisation chart the next oral polio drops will be on 15 th june 2016 to 20th june. Is it safe to give polio drops on above said date?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My daughter is 10 months old. She has started passing lose stool from 3 days. At first 6 times she did lose stool that too green color then I started giving metrogyl but still she is passing semi liquid stool thrice. She is now teething. Is it normal if not please prescribed any other medicine.
My son 9 months old he suffers atopic eczema problem, sybol or boronil is can use to safe way or not please say doctor.
Hi sir. My daughter has allergy from wheat. She is 5 year's old. Give me advice. You have any treatment for him. What should I do?
4 months Baby suddenly having sore throat as a result sound generated when breathing. Kindly advise.
My son has diarrhea after he takes any fluid. What do to stop loose stool. He had 7episode of watery diarrhea.
Mere baby ke teeth aa rahe hai aur wo ab kuch bhi nahi khata. Milk bhi bahut kam peeta hai. Kya ye normal hai? Stomach bhi gadbad rehne laga hai. Mujhe kya karna chahiye?please help
My daughter is 5 months 25 days old Please suggest me can I give rotavirus vaccine first dose now in this age.
Cleft palate or palatoschisis is a common genetic abnormality that leads to a horde of problems and is presently a growing challenge to medicine practitioners. The major developmental stages affected due to this particular irregularity include feeding, speech development, dentition and maxillofacial growth which are rather important to the normal overall developmental pace of an individual. Even though the cleft palate deformity was defined centuries ago, no fixed management algorithm exists for patients suffering from the condition in the present day scenario.
Cleft palate may be successfully fixed using reconstructive surgery. Multiple specialists are involved in the reconstruction surgery including plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, nutritionists, oromaxillofacial surgeons and speech pathologists. Some hospitals also consider psychological therapy for the patient and the family to help get through the emotional trauma and the issues faced due to developmental backlogs.
The treatment for cleft palate usually begins around 9 to 12 months of age. If left untreated, it may cause major deformities. It takes about some years before the whole procedure is completed although it depends on the type and severity of the deformity.
The process involves the administration of anaesthesia after which the palate repair closes the inner, middle and final layers and at the same time realigning of the palatal muscles in a technique called anintravelarveloplasty is conducted. This ensures that the muscles are adjusted in a normal position which facilitates the best functioning of the palate during feeding, swallowing and speaking. It is possible that the child might require more than one surgery to completely close the palate.
Some of the risks involved during the process include:
1. Abnormal reactions to the medications
3. Problems in breathing
4. Need for more surgery
Although complicated and time consuming, cleft palate must be given immediate attention to avoid serious developmental issues. The reconstruction surgery and therapy combined ensures a normal development for the child in the longer run, given the surgery was done at the correct time. The child would be required to remain at the hospital for about 5-7 days. Complete recovery takes a time period of 4 weeks. Keeping the wound of the surgery clean is of the utmost importance and it should not be strained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrics and ask a free question.