Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Alok MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I am 21 Years old Since my birth I didn' t have any eye problems but now a days am getting squint frequently. Two years before I practised to get squint jus for fun. I think those funs are the reason for my squint. And I felt severe pain in eyes. Even I can' t work for 5 hrs continuously. Dont know what to do. Is this disorder or some kind of vitamin deficiency? please suggest me some medicines to get cured.
I have a addiction to pornography. Whenever I am alone at my home I see porn videos in my computer and masturbate. How to get rid of this? I also have some eyesight problem due to excessive use of electronic gadgets. I have pain in my eyes and head sometimes. Please help.
Is there homeopathy treatment available for eye floaters in India? Please reply me sir where I can get the treatment?
I am undergoing some online coaching for competitive exams from 6 months. I always stay in front of laptop and mostly listen to video lectures and study soft copies. I am using ARC glasses (sight -0.5) and head phones. Up to now I did not pay attention to my health and now I am thinking of some precautions and preventive measures to protect my eyes and ears. It is not possible for me to give up coaching and it will continue for other 6 months. Please help in this regard. Thankyou.
I have red eyes last three weeks what should I do and also headache I need your help please give me your suggestion.
I am 61 year old man, the place where I was working had a big hospital and all Doctors the doctor for eyes after checking, putting drops in the eyes etc prescribed glasses, but that didn't work I and some of my colleagues found it very difficult, at times used to bang in to each other, so I stopped using those glasses and used ready made glasses which the shopkeeper gave after checking my eyesight with a computer-that worked Fine and still is, only reading of +3, think I need new glasses, what is your advice Doctor? Your earlier suggestion of putting Aquaray Gel, for itching in the eyes was very helpful-Perfect. Regards.
I have dry eyes due to working on computers. I use Glytears Eye drops. But this provides temporary solution only. There is no itching But sometimes there is pain in eyes. Please suggest some medication.
My age is 18 and I am female I am suffering with headache suddenly and consulted doctor he suggested me spectacles I bought it for my sight but my head ache is suffering me.
I haven't able to sleep at late nights, try to do some work, study work, try to spend my time on computer, watching movie full nights, but it cannot helpful for completing my sleep. What should I do?
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.